Nicki Minaj: The Pinkprint - The Track-by-Track Review

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

It's formulaic in that the aspect of surprise is largely unaccounted for. I liken it to the more impressive moments in her discography such as Roman's Revenge or even Lookin Ass Ni**a where for me there was a real sense of wonder in her wordplay.

I have to say it's pretty offhanded to chalk my opinion up to "cultural differences" or to imply that anything on this album is lost on me. My taste in music is as varied as anyone I know and it's without scoffing that I could say most everybody on this board would agree even without me pulling out ticket stubs from Nas to The Game. That alone discredits your Cougar Town analogy. Then there's the amusing thought that an album boasting Beyoncé, Jessie Ware, Ariana Grande, Skylar Grey and a Paula Abdul sample could be considered "too hood" for anybody.

And of course I have to point out that Effrem only likes four songs from The Pinkprint. Did anyone think the rest were too urban for him?

YESSSSSSSS you better do it!

It's formulaic in that the aspect of surprise is largely unaccounted for. I liken it to the more impressive moments in her discography such as Roman's Revenge or even Lookin Ass Ni**a where for me there was a real sense of wonder in her wordplay.

I have to say it's pretty offhanded to chalk my opinion up to "cultural differences" or to imply that anything on this album is lost on me. My taste in music is as varied as anyone I know and it's without scoffing that I could say most everybody on this board would agree even without me pulling out ticket stubs from Nas to The Game. That alone discredits your Cougar Town analogy. Then there's the amusing thought that an album boasting Beyoncé, Jessie Ware, Ariana Grande, Skylar Grey and a Paula Abdul sample could be considered "too hood" for anybody.

And of course I have to point out that Effrem only likes four songs from The Pinkprint. Did anyone think the rest were too urban for him?

I believe you have a right ot your opinion, and lets not go taking things too personal, I was just asking ....

Alright let's do this :shifty:  All I can ask is that with people, anyone really, from a different continent its not unusual to wonder who they are. So yes asking someone from Australia whether they like or dont like something that may very well be foreign to them is trying to open the floor to conversation. Often what happens in the states is folks from different backgrounds refuse to have these kind of talks because its branded offensive and rude. I would like to think that as much as we and myself enjoy Matt, I hope he takes to task the idea that we don't know your world your culture what are the norms what do you guys enjoy what doesn't appeal to you. I have no idea until you tell me. As he did.

The conversation is based on assumptions, that many will feel some kinda way about it, but make no mistake, talk about race and culture, and folks trip. I still stand by my Cougar Town analogy only because, the show doesn't have any diversity and revels in being what it is, WHITE!... :lol: until we get out our feelings and talk how does anyone of us know what anyone else is about? I just dont see it....if anything this is an opportunity to say this is who I am.

I was honestly more confused than offended. It was only a question, but you guys had already formed an opinion in order to ask it so to an extent "personal" was the only way to take it. There's no harm done.

And Joe, I can post screenshots of my iTunes if you want. :lol:

No I don't judge what anyone listens too. I got a white homeboy Tommy who swears he's more black than me. He actually lived in the hood for years and was part of a gang on the west side of my city and he listens to stuff like underground rap bay area california artists like messy marv and others that I don't listen too lol. No I don't need screen shots but those 2 songs I put up, do you listen to them or have them in your itunes lol

I was honestly more confused than offended. It was only a question, but you guys had already formed an opinion in order to ask it so to an extent "personal" was the only way to take it. There's no harm done.

And Joe, I can post screenshots of my iTunes if you want. :lol:

I wanna see those ....show me your top played tracks.....I'm very curious  in a good way :lol:

No I don't judge what anyone listens too. I got a white homeboy Tommy who swears he's more black than me. He actually lived in the hood for years and was part of a gang on the west side of my city and he listens to stuff like underground rap bay area california artists like messy marv and others that I don't listen too lol. No I don't need screen shots but those 2 songs I put up, do you listen to them or have them in your itunes lol

I can't Joe :sigh:

Alright let's do this :shifty:  All I can ask is that with people, anyone really, from a different continent its not unusual to wonder who they are. So yes asking someone from Australia whether they like or dont like something that may very well be foreign to them is trying to open the floor to conversation. Often what happens in the states is folks from different backgrounds refuse to have these kind of talks because its branded offensive and rude. I would like to think that as much as we and myself enjoy Matt, I hope he takes to task the idea that we don't know your world your culture what are the norms what do you guys enjoy what doesn't appeal to you. I have no idea until you tell me. As he did.

The conversation is based on assumptions, that many will feel some kinda way about it, but make no mistake, talk about race and culture, and folks trip. I still stand by my Cougar Town analogy only because, the show doesn't have any diversity and revels in being what it is, WHITE!... :lol: until we get out our feelings and talk how does anyone of us know what anyone else is about? I just dont see it....if anything this is an opportunity to say this is who I am.

Hmm. Well I would consider that stance if it weren't for these two points. 1. I'm not new here, and neither are you. We've shared this community for almost a decade so I can't accept that we are suddenly so foreign to one another or that you're now just learning hip-hop appeals to me. And the reason why is point number 2. http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/43-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=103642

What are you listening to?

Me: Brenda's Got a Baby | 2Pac

You: I LOVE YOUR NEW SIGGY AND AVATAR.....I wanna visit you :ph34r: I want a white dude dat's down and I aint gotta teach him everything "ni**a" :filenails:

:unsure:

Yes, I have several DJ Khaled songs in my iTunes. No Yo Gotti, though. :lol:

actually yes I do....thats exactly what I want, I want you to think ....first you be a White guy and continue that statement with "I got a Black homeboy Tyrone"

well sorry but i'm not cause he's not black. Also I don't even know where you're going with your statement cause mine was to show why I don't judge what someone listens to. This wasn't something to defend myself cause I don't need to. There's nothing goin on in this thread for me to even feel like I need to. Notice when I responded to TWISTED I said i'm judging by his personality. I don't need you being a superhero 

Hmm. Well I would consider that stance if it weren't for these two points. 1. I'm not new here, and neither are you. We've shared this community for almost a decade so I can't accept that we are suddenly so foreign to one another or that you're now just learning hip-hop appeals to me. And the reason why is point number 2. http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/43-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=103642

You: I LOVE YOUR NEW SIGGY AND AVATAR.....I wanna visit you :ph34r: I want a white dude dat's down and I aint gotta teach him everything "ni**a" :filenails:

Ok now I know lol. I don't know how you could get what I was saying but Bailey didn't and took it to a whole different level which I don't have time for right now lol

Yet you still missed the actual point ....theres yet another opportunity where you could have possibly said, "this is who I am, I think this of that or whatever" we talk a great deal about our country our politics, our culture, what I was saying is that I dont think I know much else beyond the fact you're from Australia. My response to you in that regard still holds, yes we've been here for quite some time, and I know you're intelligent, creative, and good looking as I recall vast tastes in music and movies....yet I dont hear you speak on your existence. However let's recall this statement by me referencing yet a rare moment, where you actually speak on who you are in a deeply personal way

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/12997-how-is-your-relationship-with-your-parents/?p=489381

"My mother is gay"

my response to that

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/12997-how-is-your-relationship-with-your-parents/?p=489396

i know it's not like you to speak on your life so being so honest is something for you

Ok now I know lol. I don't know how you could get what I was saying but Bailey didn't and took it to a whole different level which I don't have time for right now lol

:lol:

Yet you still missed the actual point ....theres yet another opportunity where you could have possibly said, "this is who I am, I think this of that or whatever" we talk a great deal about our country our politics, our culture, what I was saying is that I dont think I know much else beyond the fact you're from Australia. My response to you in that regard still holds, yes we've been here for quite some time, and I know you're intelligent, creative, and good looking as I recall vast tastes in music and movies....yet I dont hear you speak on your existence. However let's recall this statement by me referencing yet a rare moment, where you actually speak on who you are in a deeply personal way

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/12997-how-is-your-relationship-with-your-parents/?p=489381

"My mother is gay"

my response to that

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/12997-how-is-your-relationship-with-your-parents/?p=489396

i know it's not like you to speak on your life so being so honest is something for you

I don't believe I've missed the point. It's true I could stand to share a lot more of myself on here but I can't make the link between that and my opinion on this album, especially when we've talked at length about music for years and conversed specifically on the subject of hip-hop in the past. Can you see it from my perspective? Hotboy and Effrem shared their mixed opinions in here no questions asked. I expressed mine and it was assumed it must be a cultural thing, as if that's the only way someone could dislike the album.

• Upvote 2

:lol:

I don't believe I've missed the point. It's true I could stand to share a lot more of myself on here but I can't make the link between that and my opinion on this album, especially when we've talked at length about music for years and conversed specifically on the subject of hip-hop in the past. Can you see it from my perspective? Hotboy and Effrem shared their mixed opinions in here no questions asked. I expressed mine and it was assumed it must be a cultural thing, as if that's the only way someone could dislike the album.

sold.....you were questioned as if to say a question of authenticity. I get it ...I can see where that would be at issue. As for the link, it left at least myself, wondering maybe it was the content, which here only appeals to certain segments, even I admit that much about Nicki....but I see you :wink:

side note glad I stopped drinking, I read that shit like damn....I said that to him :lmao::fail:

sold.....you were questioned as if to say a question of authenticity. I get it ...I can see where that would be at issue. As for the link, it left at least myself, wondering maybe it was the content, which here only appeals to certain segments, even I admit that much about Nicki....but I see you :wink:

side note glad I stopped drinking, I read that shit like damn....I said that to him :lmao::fail:

:cheers:

Now we all know you're blacker than all of us put together.

ijZDejXWNNzQl_zpssyc3mxjn.gif

I thought that was obvious.

ijZDejXWNNzQl_zpssyc3mxjn.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

ha tour dates

Minaj said on Instagram she plans to add a few more dates still. Tickets for go on sale Friday and Saturday. 

Nicki Minaj The Pinkprint Tour Dates:

July 17 - Dallas, Texas @ Gexa Energy Pavilion
July 20 - Miami, Fla. @ Bayfront Park & Amphitheater
July 22 - Bristow, Va. @ Jiffy Lube Live
July 24 - Holmdel, N.J. @ PNC Bank Arts Center
July 26 - Brooklyn, N.Y. @ Barclays Center
July 28 - Toronto, Ont. @ Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
July 29 - Montreal, Que. @ Bell Centre
July 31 - Clarkston, Mich. @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 2 - Atlanta, Ga. @ Aaron's Amphitheatre At Lakewood
Aug. 4 - Charlotte, N.C. @ PNC Music Pavillion
Aug. 6 - Camden, N.J. @ Susquehanna Bank Center
Aug. 8 - Burgettstown, Pa. @ First Niagara Pavilion
Aug. 9 - Tinley Park, Ill. @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Aug. 11 - Denver, Colo. @ Pepsi Center
Aug. 13 - Chula Vista, Calif. @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Aug. 14 - Concord, Calif. @ Concord Pavilion
Aug. 16 - Vancouver, B.C. @ Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
Aug. 18 - Calgary, Alta. @ Scotiabank Saddledome
Aug. 19 - Edmonton, Alta. @ Rexall Place

On Monday, Minaj launched the European leg of The Pinkprint Tour with Trey Songz in Sweden.