Craig Seymore releases entire 2001 interview with Janet for VIBE

jarrylf

Ok so I'm sure most of us have read the interview, but how many of you have heard it? This is easily 1 of my favorite interviews she's ever done because it's a GREAT conversation with her. And you can tell Craig is a huge fan, he asks really great questions that only a true #Janfam member would be interested in. I'm just in love with the way & tone she's talking to him, she sounds so relaxed and happy & excited & comfortable. Now you gotta join his mailing list to download it, but it's worth it, and its 3hrs, and worth every min in my eyes. (I also love that she's driving him lol)
check it out

http://digioh.com/emp/7999/36202/g3xb9wx3td

Craig: Since your dating and you sung about Aids do you think about that since you're out there?
Janet: Ofcourse you do but, you have to do the best you can to be very careful, or be celibate.... really.....and GOD I don't think I could ever do that
Craig: What would you have to sing about?
Janet: RIGHT!?
I LIVEEEEEE!!!!!

Also....her fave album at that moment was Rhythm Nation & janet.......(MY #2 & #1 fave Janet albums), and AJ is her favorite backstreet boy...we have so much in common lol

and I love later on she throws "But I like Velvet Rope too, for the message" LOL, that's how I feel too, I love the message and meaning & energy & lyrics more than the album itself tho

(talking about sizes of peen)
Craig: I'm a Gay man, but I'm not a size queen
Janet: Your not?
Craig: no
Janet: you know my friends say "it's not always about that, it's about the magic in the wand"
Craig: The wand, (laughs) Ok
Janet: But then I always have to tell them I know that but what's wrong with a big magical wand?
FUNNY!!!

Craig: she talking about packages again...smooth and shiny in If
Janet:Well you know, you can see.....it's on my mind...all the time

Y'ALL...........HE GOT HER SINGING A LIL BIT OF YOUNG LOVE ACAPELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He asked if she remembers the words (I kinda expected "no", or just a 1 word answer), and she started humming, then she started singing.............BEST INTERVIEW EVER (that comes in around the 1 hour mark)

And now I'm legit sad, because at the very end, they go in-depth talking about & PRAISING Aaliyah, and she & Jimmy both saying they think a duet would be great, and they were excited to see more of what she was going to do, and they talk about what seperates her from the others of her generation, like Janet & Jimmy were REALLY talking about her in detail, I love it, and it just makes takes me back, all over Aaliyah. MAN that would've killed.

For those of us who'd die to be a flly on the wall for her.......this is what that interview is like.

This was posted recently. Within the last year

Oh yea...the version that's like less than an hour and ends when they get to Flyte Time......Get the whole thing, that 30-45min teaser released last year was really the tip of the whole thing. THIS was released this week.

• Upvote 1

Thank you!

That's quite an interview, clocking in at over three hours.

I couldn't find the Aaliyah part, though.

You're welcome, glad to share, I think it's very much my favorite interview of any type she's ever done frankly lol, the more I think about it, I'm probably gonna listen again tonight, but she's just so damn herself it's so great.

It's the VERY end like the last 10-20 mins, and it's like 1st Janet's talking about her, then Jimmy chimes in and then they talk about the Neptunes & producers and remixes and then it ends. 

Just about done with my 2nd listen. Other notable things:

Would You Mind was dirtier than the album cut lol. And Jimmy & Janet got a big laugh at "can you believe how it was", and I was DYING for her to sing a lil of that or say some lines that they changed

That she says she didn't want to work with Michael again because she felt like Scream was enough.

The Aaliyah part starts at 2:54:16 - 2:58:50 (and then they sidetrack) then 2:59:20 (Janet brings it back to Aaliyah) exactly, straight up Aaliyah talk

They better STAN for Aaliyah ! Especially Jimmy..

Janet saying Aaliyah was SEXY >>>>>>

I still can't believe she doesn't find herself sexy.    Was she watching nascar at the end?  I was confused about the car wreck thing.  That is funny if she stop the interview to talk about nascar. 

I still can't believe she doesn't find herself sexy. Was she watching nascar at the end? I was confused about the car wreck thing. That is funny if she stop the interview to talk about nascar.

Yeah that part confused me too lol

I really hope he interviews her again

I still can't believe she doesn't find herself sexy. Was she watching nascar at the end? I was confused about the car wreck thing. That is funny if she stop the interview to talk about nascar.

She's done this kind of shit in other interviews. Shes one of those ppl who are easily distracted

That interview was interesting but boring. Left you wanting to hear more.

LOL how was it boring?  I thought she was very candid and open.  I wish he would have asked more follow up questions though.  I wanted some more Q tip and 2pac tea.