Janet to Perform and Be Honored at the 2015 BET Awards?

SonofBaldwin

so upon further investigation, Miss Lionel knew a whole month in advance (May 20th) that he was receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award. I don't know what kind of fuckery is going on this time, rather its BET or Janet but this is some bullshit. I wonder if Janet wants them to announce the news when her single drops? :unsure: that would be smart since she will have the worlds attention :unsure: ...yes? :huh:

I guess that could be a good angle.

And hey, how do we not know that that rehearsal that she was goin to was for the BET AWARDS??? :excited: We automatically assumed it was for the tour :lol: We might be piecing this all together :shifty:

• Upvote 1

If that's true...I mean Tinashe and Ciara were obvious choices but Jason Derulo though :umm::lmao:.  That would be typical BET. It's like when they had Trey do a lil tribute for Prince. 

Why do they have such problems getting good people to tribute these icons.  I mean MTV had everyone from sports stars to movies and music at Janets icon event.  

Why do they have such problems getting good people to tribute these icons. I mean MTV had everyone from sports stars to movies and music at Janets icon event.

Becus BET in one dimensional. But i actually already stated earlier in this post it would likely be Ciara and Tinashe..im not really mad at Jason cus that boy can dance his ass off..ppl are sleep

• Upvote 1

Becus BET in one dimensional. But i actually already stated earlier in this post it would likely be Ciara and Tinashe..im not really mad at Jason cus that boy can dance his ass off..ppl are sleep

he really can. Since this is clearly going to be low budget..they might as well put Dawn Richard, Kelly Rowland and Lil Mama in there as well...them bitches can get down. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I mean we waited 7 years for a new album...what's another few days :asham:

Why do they have such problems getting good people to tribute these icons.  I mean MTV had everyone from sports stars to movies and music at Janets icon event.  

I guess they have low budgets :asham:

It's too early for tour rehearsals. We only assume it's for BET and/or new single video and live performances

Too early..? Not necessarily. Alot of artist say they start getting a setlist together while they are finishing up their albums (which is odd to me) but ive heard Beyonce, Nsync and Janet say this...so it varies. Preparation for tours start alot earlier than ppl realize

I've always wondered how long it takes to put a tour together and how much prep time is needed. It's so interesting thinking about it and it just makes me appreciate certain artists so much more. I mean learning your old dance moves along with the new dance moves on top of thinking about the set-list, the music (since arrangements are usually done differently for every tour), vocal practice, keeping your body in check as well as promoting whatever album/single you released etc. It's incredible. I've seen things go wrong right up until the last minute before show time. In fact I've seen things go wrong in the show too. The gratification that they must feel after a show that's gone perfect. Sorry I'm just harping on here with this random outburst :lmao:

• Upvote 1

I was in awe of artists too for all the long hours and the tons of shit it takes to put tours together.

The quickest i have ever seen someone put a show together was Nsync. MTV followed them as thet put their "No Strings Atached" tour.. they only had like 3 weeks to put their whole show together :mellow: i was like WTF??? They literally crammed everything they could do in that lil window of time. It was the craziest shit i'd ever seen. But its diff for each artist...It depends when they want the tour to begin and when they start prepping.

Janet.. the A4U started quick! I remember being shocked at how quick that tour started cus it seem like she gad juss dropped the album and she was on the road in like 9 weeks later or sum shit. So fast to where she didnt even have ALL of her stage for her first show in Vancouver and cancelled it becus she didnt want to give them less than what the other cities would see. But i do know Janet likes to rehearse 6-7 days a week and 16hr days ...soooo

Gil just followed those three...so thats why ppl are speculating that they are the CHOSEN ones....

i have no idea who gil follows. i got this from jackee harry's husband elgin charles, he has industry connects and he point blank said those 3, he was also one ofthe first to basically confirm janet was getting honored.

If that's true...I mean Tinashe and Ciara were obvious choices but Jason Derulo though :umm::lmao:. That would be typical BET. It's like when they had Trey do a lil tribute for Prince.

It's shade. Jason has publicly expressed his disapproval of not being nominated for any awards.

i have no idea who gil follows. i got this from jackee harry's husband elgin charles, he has industry connects and he point blank said those 3, he was also one ofthe first to basically confirm janet was getting honored.

Well thats even better cus thats even more confirmation...even tho im sure he was not suppose to reveal that info. But i said the thing about Gil cus thats what i seen on my timeline... ppl noticed he started following those 3..so the public started putting two and two together

Well thats even better cus thats even more confirmation...even tho im sure he was not suppose to reveal that info. But i said the thing about Gil cus thats what i seen on my timeline... ppl noticed he started following those 3..so the public started putting two and two together

Too early..? Not necessarily. Alot of artist say they start getting a setlist together while they are finishing up their albums (which is odd to me) but ive heard Beyonce, Nsync and Janet say this...so it varies. Preparation for tours start alot earlier than ppl realize

Rehearsing and prepping are two different things.

Janet wasn't rehearsing for the tour these past two months.

Rehearsing and prepping are two different things.

Janet wasn't rehearsing for the tour these past two months.

I didnt say she was :blink: The board THOUGHT those photos of her going to the rehearsal studio were her prepping for the tour. What part are u getting confused about? You were there in the thread..you seen it :mellow: