Janet to Perform and Be Honored at the 2015 BET Awards?

SonofBaldwin

Britney wouldn't show up to a BET awards :blink: so you didn't technically leave her out

And Britney is 1038493x more successful than all the girls discussed in this thread regardless of lack of talent

Personally, it doesn't matter to me which flop underperforms Janet's hits... It won't be Beyonce.. Not sure why Britney was mentioned in a BET thread (emphasis on the "B"). Hell throw in Missy or Ariana Venti and Mariah Carey for all I care

Britney wouldn't show up to a BET awards :blink: so you didn't technically leave her out

And Britney is 1038493x more successful than all the girls discussed in this thread regardless of lack of talent

Personally, it doesn't matter to me which flop underperforms Janet's hits... It won't be Beyonce.. Not sure why Britney was mentioned in a BET thread (emphasis on the "B"). Hell throw in Missy or Ariana Venti and Mariah Carey for all I care

Be nice, Game! LOL!

I only mentioned Britney as someone who could dance.

Janet knows she is being honored. I believe they have approached her time and time again but she turned them down because why let an award show benefit from your star power and you not reap the benefits of it...now that she has an album coming out its a great marketing strategy and helps to re-introduce her back into the public. Im not sure if it will be 'The Lifetime Achievement Award' but Janet will be honored. BET would be stupid not to do so.

And as far as 'stand still' artist paying tribute to her, its been done before. Janet has been honored by the Soul Train Awards and there were plenty of 'stand still' artist trying their best to impress Janet. Im sure if it is going down, Janet will be in complete control of who she wants to pay tribute to her...I see it for Janelle Monae, I cant say the same for Ciara.

And it was dreadful.  It should be a mix of both.  

Be nice, Game! LOL!

I only mentioned Britney as someone who could dance.

None of these flops can hold a candle to "42" year old Janet Jackson so whatever

I rather see successful artists give tribute to Janet than the two backup dancers everyone talks about but doesn't invest in (Trashe,C-Error)

• Upvote 1

None of these flops can hold a candle to "42" year old Janet Jackson so whatever

I rather see successful artists give tribute to Janet than the two backup dancers everyone talks about but doesn't invest in (Trashe,C-Error)

LOL! Stop.

No tribute artists is ever as legendary as the artist they are tributing.

I agree. I would love to see Jill Scott sing one of Janet's sensual ballads and make it her own. Maybe have Lenny Kravitz do 'Black Cat' or some shit.

• Upvote 1

I said successful.. Not legendary :umm: Usher, Justin Timberlake (bc y'all know), Drake/Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj (although she's on tour or something)

Im going to see Nicki....her show here is on a Friday, at  an outdoor venue, Im hoping to get muh life :w00t:

• Upvote 1

Yall killing me with the stand still performers. No NO No No.. we need ENTERTAINMENT! WE NEED A "LETS SLAY DA FUCK OUT OF THIS STAGE" TYPE SHIT!

Thats what JANET stands for. Shes an ENTERTAINER. I cant believe yall would be satisfied with another dry ass ,dance-less soultrain type of tribute . :blink: I wasn't moved then and cetainly wouldn't be moved now. She is not that kind of artist.. shes sooooo much more. That would be so underwhelming for a woman who has been murdering the stage for 30 damn years

Google's answer (In Millions)

2006: 6.9.

2007: 6.3.

2008: 5.8.

2009: 10.6.

2010: 7.4.

2011: 7.7.

2012: 7.4.

2013: 7.8.

2014: 7.6.

It seems to be holding up pretty well, but I think the viewership will go down some more because the guests and the nominees never really change.

People seem to forget that there was only one big dance number at MTVIcon show and it slayed from beginning to end. Outkast, Macy Gray, Destinys Child, Nsync and Buck Cherry didn't give you choreography.

Im too busy remembering all dat shit  :unsure: .....fuck dat drop da sangle

All I want is Usher, Bruno, Stevie (& or Prince that'd be HUGE), Jeanelle, Jill, TInashe, Missy and the ONLY rapper of this generation suitible & acceptable to be on that stage for this reason is Kendrick Lamar.

I'll allow Kelly Rowland & Ciara if need be but Im not really gunning for either but would be pleased if they served properly.

Once again....we're getting into a big DEBATE over a Janet rumor thats probably not even gonna happen like we have done 5746289x . We are beyond Pathetic ...aint shit been confirmed. Same ol merry go round. :lol:

RIGHT!!! I hope it happens. Last year they honored dry ass Lionel Ritchie and it felt lackluster, they have to bring it this time and the only artist that I can think of to get people talking and excited would be Janet Jackson. BET would be pathetic for not doing it this go round.

• Upvote 1

Once again....we're getting into a big DEBATE over a Janet rumor thats probably not even gonna happen like we have done 5746289x . We are beyond Pathetic ...aint shit been confirmed. Same ol merry go round. :lol:

LOL we are pathetic but its not just us this time.  It is people outside this fanbase too.  How did this rumor get started in the first place?  

RIGHT!!! I hope it happens. Last year they honored dry ass Lionel Ritchie and it felt lackluster, they have to bring it this time and the only artist that I can think of to get people talking and excited would be Janet Jackson. BET would be pathetic for not doing it this go round.

Yeah. It was DRY AF ....even Charlie Wilson's was more TURNT DA FUCK UP than his. Janet's would put BET AWARDS bavk where it needs to be. This would be HUGE for them if they pulled this off

LOL we are pathetic but its not just us this time. It is people outside this fanbase too. How did this rumor get started in the first place?

They get started like how ALL Janet rumors get started for the past decade.. a stan starts wishing and somehow it turns into a "possibility" :lol:

It would be higher if they start promoting it tho. Even white ppl would tune in to see Janets return to the stage. BET is missing out on sum huge veiwership opportunities

so upon further investigation, Miss Lionel knew a whole month in advance (May 20th) that he was receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award. I don't know what kind of fuckery is going on this time, rather its BET or Janet but this is some bullshit. I wonder if Janet wants them to announce the news when her single drops? :unsure:  that would be smart since she will have the worlds attention :unsure: ...yes? :huh: