Watch: Janet Jackson Breaks Down in Tears During Her 1st Concert Stop in Vancouver

SonofBaldwin

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_grapevine/2015/09/watch_janet_jackson_breaks_down_in_tears_during_her_first_concert_stop_in.html

Watch: Janet Jackson Breaks Down in Tears During Her 1st Concert Stop in Vancouver

She’s back and clearly loving every minute of it.

80x80_or_diana20ozemebhoya20eromosele_he
Posted: Sept. 1 2015 2:35 PM

screen_shot_20150901_at_2.01.27_pm
Janet Jackson cries during a tour stop in Vancouver Aug. 31, 2015. 

YouTube screenshot

"I love you so much," Janet Jackson said, with tears streaming down her face.

It was the debut performance of her Unbreakable tour in Vancouver on Monday. The singer was visibly overcome with so much emotion and pure love for the crowd. 

"So much, so much," she continued.

"And I've missed you much," Jackson screamed, later launching into her hit single "Scream," which she recorded with her older brother Michael Jackson. 

In another clip, Janet Jackson dances through a string of her hit records, looking beautiful and mature.

It's great to see Ms. Jackson back onstage. 

Diana Ozemebhoya Eromosele is a staff writer at The Root and the founder and executive producer of Lectures to Beats, a Web series that features video interviews with scarily insightful people. Follow Lectures to Beats on Facebook and Twitter.

For more of black Twitter, check out The Chatterati on The Root and follow The Chatterati on Twitter.

• Upvote 1

She got emotional on the Rock tour.. i wonder what's goin on. Seems deeper than what we know .. she was never emotional on tour in her earlier yrs 

I remember during the Janet tour (my first time seeing her), she got pretty emotional/cried during Again...but I think that was a scripted part of the show.

Yeah during Again, Janet was using her acting chops!  Momma wasn't playing.  But as far as other emotional reactions, it's when the fans go crazy for Janet when she takes a pause from her first set.  We all know how long those screams and cheers for Janet can be, if anything one of the most beloved reactions to any artist to date.  Even Rihanna has mentioned that Janet will stand there for 10 minutes as the crowd bursts and yell how much they love her.  Janet takes all that love in and I would imagine it would make anyone emotional.  This particular time of course Janet got emotional as it was her return from a grueling 5 years of changes including the death of her brother and her absence from music and performing.  Janet loves to perform and make her fans happy.  I think the emotions were building up which is why she covered her mouth.  

• Upvote 1

I think it the undying love and adulation of her fans, we love her and she knows we stayed, others bounced, but her die hards kept the love going. We voted her queen of pop on VH1, she responded....we have the on going induct into R&R hall of fame....we love that woman :wub:

I mean lets be real...who else? I dont scream for just any hoe :rolleyes: and really when u think about it these other chicks are so basic, Metamucil is thirsty as fuck so I cant help her :filenails: I can't do nothing for that white woman but pray :lmao:

Edited by Bailey

I think it the undying love and adulation of her fans, we love her and she knows we stayed, others bounced, but her die hards kept the love going. We voted her queen of pop on VH1, she responded....we have the on going induct into R&R hall of fame....we love that woman :wub:

I mean lets be real...who else? I dont scream for just any hoe :rolleyes: and really when u think about it these other chicks are so basic, Metamucil is thirsty as fuck so I cant help her :filenails: I can't do nothing for that white woman but pray :lmao:

Yeah it's a lost cause with Metamucil! :lmao:  The only time she has made me smile was during her "Drowned Out" World Tour when she sang La Isla Bonita with the live flamenco dancers and she was playing her guitar along with the band she seemed truly happy as you could tell she worked hard for that moment.  When the song was over it was the most reaction I have ever heard for her and she was truly genuine receiving the applause.  Usually the applause for her is subpar....they freak out in the beginning only and the rest of the applause is for the production value.  She actually gets upset if people are not standing and dancing at her concerts or singing along with her with certain songs.  She has always been that way and it's sad and desperate.  With Janet it has always been genuine and so much well deserved.  Janet's die hard fans love her as family and she gets that! 

Yeah during Again, Janet was using her acting chops!  Momma wasn't playing.  But as far as other emotional reactions, it's when the fans go crazy for Janet when she takes a pause from her first set.  We all know how long those screams and cheers for Janet can be, if anything one of the most beloved reactions to any artist to date.  Even Rihanna has mentioned that Janet will stand there for 10 minutes as the crowd bursts and yell how much they love her.  Janet takes all that love in and I would imagine it would make anyone emotional.  This particular time of course Janet got emotional as it was her return from a grueling 5 years of changes including the death of her brother and her absence from music and performing.  Janet loves to perform and make her fans happy.  I think the emotions were building up which is why she covered her mouth.  

Yeah it's a lost cause with Metamucil! :lmao:  The only time she has made me smile was during her "Drowned Out" World Tour when she sang La Isla Bonita with the live flamenco dancers and she was playing her guitar along with the band she seemed truly happy as you could tell she worked hard for that moment.  When the song was over it was the most reaction I have ever heard for her and she was truly genuine receiving the applause.  Usually the applause for her is subpar....they freak out in the beginning only and the rest of the applause is for the production value.  She actually gets upset if people are not standing and dancing at her concerts or singing along with her with certain songs.  She has always been that way and it's sad and desperate.  With Janet it has always been genuine and so much well deserved.  Janet's die hard fans love her as family and she gets that! 

And its crazy that I get "happy" when she cries on stage...because one thing I really want Janet to realise is the true love her fans have for HER and the music. Janet is the only artist that makes me emotional and im sure im not the only one. One of the UK papers linked the crying to her performing Scream and still being upset about Michael - papers in the UK ALWAYS mention him when Janet is being written about.

I thought Madge got the same kinda love from on stage? From what I can gather, she would love the applause for production value and people being into the songs, but she would not appreciate people screaming they love her every five seconds. She seems to hate the sycophancy of her fans.

Edited by vibeology