ShowBiz 411: "Janet Jackson Misses Grammy Deadline on Purpose with New Album, Due October 2"

SonofBaldwin

Misleading headline:

Janet Jackson Misses Grammy Deadline on Purpose with New Album, Due October 2

by Roger Friedman - September 3, 2015 3:54 pm
0 15
JanetJackson_Standard-2-500x352.jpeg

Janet Jackson is “Unbreakable” but she will also be un-awardable. Interesting. Janet releases her new album “Unbreakable” on October 2nd. The deadline for Grammy eligibility is September 30th. So only Janet’s “No Sleeep” single will make the Grammy deadline.

So what’s going on here? For some reason, Janet and her team are opting out of the Grammys. I’m surprised. They had a good shot at Best R&B album nominations. My guess is they’ll go for a performance on the American Music Awards in November. That would preclude them from a Grammy performance anyway.

Missy Elliot (formerly Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliot), one of the coolest people in the world, is a guest star, as is the ubiquitous J Cole. The tracklisting is as follows:
Unbreakable
Burnitup! (Feat. Missy Elliott)
Dammn Baby
The Great Forever
Shoulda Known Better
After You Fall
Broken Hearts Heal
Night
No Sleeep (Feat. J Cole)
Dream Maker/ Euphoria
2 B Loved
Take Me Away
Promise
Lessons Learned
Black Eagle
Well Traveled
Gon B Alright

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/09/03/janet-jackson-misses-grammy-deadline-on-purpose-with-new-album-due-october-2

he's a troll........Roger you are a troll officially all in the tea.......anywho, I overthink everything, BUT the fans here already came to the same conclusion I did, she doesn't give a fuck :filenails: ....so they can "slight" her? so they can not award her? ....yea "I just got my invitation in the mail the other day" <_<

Take this with a grain of salt.. Roger don't know shit 

he doesn't but we got his attention :rolleyes: anywho I am slightly disappointed...NO Grammy consideration? NONE? really? she has only performed there once....so maybe she has tea we dont.........and after the incident that shall not be mentioned...who can blame her?

he doesn't but we got his attention :rolleyes: anywho I am slightly disappointed...NO Grammy consideration? NONE? really? she has only performed there once....so maybe she has tea we dont.........and after the incident that shall not be mentioned...who can blame her?

Janet's probably going to release her album before Sept 30 via Digital copy 

She didn't miss it though. The mastering of the album had to be complete till 30th of August which it was, and the album has to be out till 30 September which Is gonna happen with the digital version of the album. 

I'm  sure she doesn't give a fuck about the Grammys but she kinda didn't miss the deadline.

Janet could care less about the Grammys since everyone knows they're given out like candy on Halloween to just anybody these days. I think she just made it so where only "No Sleeep" could possibly be nominated for something but she wants that album to be considered for maybe the 2017 Grammys

She literally is taking a break from her tour to, assumingly, appear at the Grammy's for an award they're going to make up

They need to have her perform again. I'm a fan of all 4 (of course Janhova is at the top), but it bothers me to no end that they continuously roll out Madonna and Rihanna of all people to perform but "let" Janet and Britney perform once, and give them deuces. For goodness sake, Patti only performed ONCE as a guest in a remake of her own song, but Bey and Justin are safe, easy go to's. I wants to see an apology, a performance from Janet, and for them to throw her some best collaboration, best R&B, best pop vocal, and all that shizz. :angry:. She may not care and she definitely doesn't NEED any more awards, but that's just something I'd like to see as a die hard, ride or die fan. -_-

They need to have her perform again. I'm a fan of all 4 (of course Janhova is at the top), but it bothers me to no end that they continuously roll out Madonna and Rihanna of all people to perform but "let" Janet and Britney perform once, and give them deuces. For goodness sake, Patti only performed ONCE as a guest in a remake of her own song, but Bey and Justin are safe, easy go to's. I wants to see an apology, a performance from Janet, and for them to throw her some best collaboration, best R&B, best pop vocal, and all that shizz. :angry:. She may not care and she definitely doesn't NEED any more awards, but that's just something I'd like to see as a die hard, ride or die fan. -_-

The best apology is a made-up award :lmao: 

• Upvote 1