Janet Has Been Nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

J.

*STILL VOTING* :rolleyes:

me too, hell if she gets 50 million online votes even if they only count for less than 1% thats still a good look representing Janet. Why do any of you think the R&R has nominated her? Because her fans stayed on they asses about it....nows not the time to say our voices dont matter, nows the time to say induct her and move on

it does matter it called PR. you honestly believe the "#induct Her" campaigan had no impact what-so-ever? I dont think so, I think we got to this moment by kicking, crawling, and clawing our way to it by speaking up.....now that shes nominated fans should just sit on the side lines? I dont care how little our votes count, let them see the most votes for any artist ever pulled and watch that shit at least raise some eyebrows

• Upvote 1

Ima pray for all of us, cause the shade is thick, and the comments are going to go in on why some believe she shouldnt be inducted. If you every had a shade thower and knew how to use it, you better use it now, cause we in need :coffee:

I'm not  really surprised  that she is getting  trashed. Most rock fans were really  annoyed  when Madonna got inducted. But to let another pop girl in. Also these rock fans really hate contemporary  R&B too so that is another strike against  her among other things. 

How bad is it? I don't even want to read the comments. 

I'm not  really surprised  that she is getting  trashed. Most rock fans were really  annoyed  when Madonna got inducted. But to let another pop girl in. Also these rock fans really hate contemporary  R&B too so that is another strike against  her among other things. 

How bad is it? I don't even want to read the comments. 

I read one last night no sooner than they announced it, basicaly saying she doesn't write her music, the last comment I read said something to the affect that the crop being let in now are leftovers from the greats, nothing worthy, and someone said sure let Janet in and we can call it the R&R hall of crap. Folks in they feelings....okay, lets keep this shit real, this aint gone be pretty, and thats just three comments I read, I havent been bothering with them. What I will do is vote and defend why she matters to the ignorant

I read one last night no sooner than they announced it, basicaly saying she doesn't write her music, the last comment I read said something to the affect that the crop being let in now are leftovers from the greats, nothing worthy, and someone said sure let Janet in and we can call it the R&R hall of crap. Folks in they feelings....okay, lets keep this shit real, this aint gone be pretty, and thats just three comments I read, I havent been bothering with them. What I will do is vote and defend why she matters to the ignorant

I hope that fans understood that if she was ever considered, they would have to have their guns loaded to defend her because it was not going to be pretty.

Is Janet the only artist getting heat?

it does matter it called PR. you honestly believe the "#induct Her" campaigan had no impact what-so-ever? I dont think so, I think we got to this moment by kicking, crawling, and clawing our way to it by speaking up.....now that shes nominated fans should just sit on the side lines? I dont care how little our votes count, let them see the most votes for any artist ever pulled and watch that shit at least raise some eyebrows

That campaign has everything to do with the nomination.. Kudos to that

But it has nothing to do with the voting process... I just don't understand the point of doing something that does nothing

If you want to press a button all day like some caged animal, go for it 

I noticed that after you click the "Place Your Vote" button and the top 15 screen pops up, instead of clicking the 'X' and then clicking the "Place Your Vote" button again and again; just hold your 'enter' key down for awhile and it seems to add a lot more votes quicker? Is it just me?

Because every time I try clicking the 'X' and then the 'Place Your Vote', the votes move up slower

enjoy people

I'd be lying to say I don't want to see other black artists in but as for heat Ima keep it real I'm not here for anyone but janet so if they are catching it I wouldn't know

This is a very good article about the "Wow" factor of Janet's nomination. 

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/10/janet_jackson_adds_wow_factor.html

They induct 5 performers with a couple of special inductee titles.....I think Janet might just get in on her first nomination!  Janet should have been nominated right about the time before Damita Jo but we all know what happened.  With the new album there is just no way around it, no way!!!!!!!   They had to nominate Janet for the 2016 class of inductees as the album for "Unbreakable" and tour is truly a testament to Janet's relevancy from today's music and her catalogue from the last 30 years as we near the 30th anniversary of the "Control" album.  "Control"till this day still stands the test of time and come tomorrow we should know if Janet solidifies her 7th Number 1 album. 

She is the only artist of the nominees who is still creating music and refining herself as a performer, writer, singer, and producer on the verge of creating an amazing music label that could possibly introduce us to some amazing talent.  

Yes Chaka Khan is still performing and she should be inducted as well along with The Smiths as far as the others I'm not so sure about.  I love Nine Inch Nails but I wouldn't automatically say they are a shoe in as Trent Reznor is more of a solo act now. But if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame want to stay relevant they know best to induct Miss Janet Damita Jo Jackson!  Not only is she so deserving of being inducted but she will bring ratings to the HBO special and sell tickets for the event.  And continue to vote even if the fan vote will play a minimal role in deciding who the 5 inductees will be.....continue to vote and make sure Janet comes in at number 1 as it will still count in showing the public how relevant Janet's fans are. 

You're dismissed! 

some research:

The Cars - Eligible 11 Years - 1st Nomination

Chic - Eligible 12 Years this is their 10th Nomination! (#1 Most Nominated)

Chicago - Eligible 20 Years - 1st Nomination
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 10th - 5015, Most Yes Votes: 10th - 3,868, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 3rd - 12]

Cheap Trick - Eligible 12 Years - 1st Nomination

Deep Purple - Eligible 21 Years - 3rd Nomination (#4-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 8th - 5,655, Highest Fan Approval: 1st - 88.13%, Most Yes Votes: 7th - 4,977]

Janet Jackson - Eligible 7 Years - 1st Nomination
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 2nd - 18,538, Highest Fan Approval: 6th - 82.13%, Most Yes Votes: 2nd -15,225, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 1st - 139]

The J.B.'s - Eligible 21 Years - 1st Nomination

Chaka Khan - Eligible 13 Years - 1st Nomination

Los Lobos - Eligible 13 Years - 1st Nomination
Steve Miller - Eligible 21 Years - 1st Nomination

Nine Inch Nails - Eligible 12 Years - 1st Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 4th - 82.17%]

N.W.A. - Eligible 2 Years - 4th Nomination (#3 Most Nominated)

The Smiths - Eligible 6 Years - 2nd Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 5th - 82.16%]

The Spinners - Eligible 28 Years - 3rd Nomination (#4-tie Most Nominated)

Yes - Eligible 20 Years - 2nd Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 7th - 82.09%, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 9th - 6]

some research:

The Cars - Eligible 11 Years - 1st Nomination

Chic - Eligible 12 Years this is their 10th Nomination! (#1 Most Nominated)

Chicago - Eligible 20 Years - 1st Nomination
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 10th - 5015, Most Yes Votes: 10th - 3,868, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 3rd - 12]

Cheap Trick - Eligible 12 Years - 1st Nomination

Deep Purple - Eligible 21 Years - 3rd Nomination (#4-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 8th - 5,655, Highest Fan Approval: 1st - 88.13%, Most Yes Votes: 7th - 4,977]

Janet Jackson - Eligible 7 Years - 1st Nomination
[Voting Statistics: Most Votes: 2nd - 18,538, Highest Fan Approval: 6th - 82.13%, Most Yes Votes: 2nd -15,225, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 1st - 139]

The J.B.'s - Eligible 21 Years - 1st Nomination

Chaka Khan - Eligible 13 Years - 1st Nomination

Los Lobos - Eligible 13 Years - 1st Nomination
Steve Miller - Eligible 21 Years - 1st Nomination

Nine Inch Nails - Eligible 12 Years - 1st Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 4th - 82.17%]

N.W.A. - Eligible 2 Years - 4th Nomination (#3 Most Nominated)

The Smiths - Eligible 6 Years - 2nd Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 5th - 82.16%]

The Spinners - Eligible 28 Years - 3rd Nomination (#4-tie Most Nominated)

Yes - Eligible 20 Years - 2nd Nomination (#5-tie Most Nominated)
[Voting Statistics: Highest Fan Approval: 7th - 82.09%, Most Yes Votes from last 1000 cast: 9th - 6]

I don't really understand this .... votes as in from peers in the academy or fan votes ???

Janet Jackson adds 'wow' factor to 2016 Rock Hall Nominations

Janet-jackson-unbreakable
Janet Jackson kicks off her Unbreakable Tour in Miami. (AP)
Troy L. Smith, Northeast Ohio Media GroupBy Troy L. Smith, Northeast Ohio Media Group 
Follow on Twitter 
on October 08, 2015 at 9:01 AM, updated October 08, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Reddit

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a museum that honors the rich history of music, while featuring the most influential and impactful artists of all-time. The annual Rock Hall Induction Ceremony is a bit of a different story.

The ceremony, while honoring legendary artists, has to worry about selling tickets and drawing viewers to HBO. With that being said, the nomination committee has found no better candidate to put butts in the seats next April thanJanet Jackson.

Jackson, one of this year's 15 nominees, may be one of the more polarizing acts on the ballot. But her significance as one of the biggest music stars of all-time can't be denied.

Jackson has sold over 100 million records worldwide. That's more than Linda Ronstadt, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Green Day, the Police and several of other inductees you want to throw into the mix.

Jackson has more than 20 top-10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, including 10 No.1's. She has as many as four seminal albums that paved the way for some of the biggest pop stars of this generation, from Beyonce and Usher to Rihanna and Katy Perry.

More importantly, Jackson's new album, "Unbreakable," is on pace to become her seventh chart-topper on the Billboard 200. Add that to Jackson's current world tourand you have, arguably, the most relevant artist among this year's nominees.

Sure, Jackson is nowhere near being as "rock" as other nominees and longtime snubs like Deep Purple, The Cars, Steve Miller or Cheap Trick. But, with all due respect, none of those bands are Rock Hall Ceremony headliners.

If you want to subscribe to the theory that the Rock Hall Inductions are a highly political process (which they probably are), consider what a headliner means for the ceremony. All you have to do is compare a year like 2014, when Nirvana and Kiss were inducted, to 2011, when your headliner was...Alice Cooper? Tom Waits? Neil Diamond? How do you think those ratings did?

When you're looking to uphold the integrity of a museum, perhaps sales and popularity shouldn't matter. But you're naive if you think they aren't huge factors when planning one of music's biggest annual events.

A hypothetical class featuring, say, Nine Inch Nails, Steve Miller, Chicago, Deep Purple and Chaka Khan would be exceptional. But where's the "wow" factor?

Younger audiences may not be all that familiar with the likes of Yes, Chicago or Cheap Trick, aside from a few songs they've sung at high-school parties or college bars. And the incomparable Trent Reznor, who is currently reshaping the way we consume music with Apple, doesn't exactly relish the spotlight.

If you want a headliner in 2016, it's Miss Jackson (if you're nasty or not). She's a sure bet to perform at next April's ceremony. Never mind the likelihood that a massive pop star like Justin Timberlake or Rihanna could induct her.

Will any of these facts satisfy diehards that are still upset artists like Donna Summer or even Hall and Oates got inducted before The Moody Blues or Dire Straits? No.

I guess I could give you another potential headliner for 2016. How about N.W.A.? Well, that's likely to spark an entirely different (and much larger) debate.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/10/janet_jackson_adds_wow_factor.html

This tells me she might be a shoe-in. Hate that it sounds like she'll get in just because she can bring in ratings. <_< 

They induct 5 performers with a couple of special inductee titles.....I think Janet might just get in on her first nomination!  Janet should have been nominated right about the time before Damita Jo but we all know what happened.  With the new album there is just no way around it, no way!!!!!!!   They had to nominate Janet for the 2016 class of inductees as the album for "Unbreakable" and tour is truly a testament to Janet's relevancy from today's music and her catalogue from the last 30 years as we near the 30th anniversary of the "Control" album.  "Control"till this day still stands the test of time and come tomorrow we should know if Janet solidifies her 7th Number 1 album. 

She is the only artist of the nominees who is still creating music and refining herself as a performer, writer, singer, and producer on the verge of creating an amazing music label that could possibly introduce us to some amazing talent.  

Yes Chaka Khan is still performing and she should be inducted as well along with The Smiths as far as the others I'm not so sure about.  I love Nine Inch Nails but I wouldn't automatically say they are a shoe in as Trent Reznor is more of a solo act now. But if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame want to stay relevant they know best to induct Miss Janet Damita Jo Jackson!  Not only is she so deserving of being inducted but she will bring ratings to the HBO special and sell tickets for the event.  And continue to vote even if the fan vote will play a minimal role in deciding who the 5 inductees will be.....continue to vote and make sure Janet comes in at number 1 as it will still count in showing the public how relevant Janet's fans are. 

You're dismissed! 

she wasn't eligible until 2007

she wasn't eligible until 2007

To be honest I tend to skip the first decade of the 2000's......I also made my assumption under the guise that an artist needed to have released their first album in 1990 or earlier but I guess that rule applies to this year which makes sense mathematically.  My bad. Regardless she should be inducted was the point I was trying to make.