Poetic Justice

msboz

Since I'm still buzzing from last night's festivities with my gays and gals, I'd thought I'd make a lil PJ thread.  It's been many years since I watched this move in its entirety and I love Janet in this movie.  I think it was a far stretch from her playing a homegirl from LA because that is the complete opposite of her life. She started a trend with them iconic braids and she scored an oscar nom for again.  I also love me some Keisha.  Drink it to the middle gurl. The movie also has some classic lines like... 

tumblr_n2ntbsbJPB1s21wj4o3_250.gif 

tumblr_mnmwzpx5cx1rqirn1o1_500.gif

tumblr_mjvft8Za0r1qlbmi0o4_250.gif

tumblr_lpxa3a56Op1qlkwt2.png

tumblr_n0ff1sczyw1qfh70bo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

And this is basically my face when I read some of the fuckery on here and the xone

PoeticJustice1993DvDripEng-t7LC.gif

And then when I am waiting for Janet to release the damm baby video

janet-jackson-poetic-justice-o.gif

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 3

Cult classic.. One day they will remake it and it will be ruined -_- I look forward to that

I think it be a good drag queen parody.  Peaches Christ who is a local bay area drag queen  always puts on these over the top drag shows in the Castro theater,  He  recently did a parody of Sister Act called Mister Act with Latrice Royale as Sister Mary Clarence.  Omg hilarious.  They also have done meangirls, showgirls, drop dead gorgeous, romy and michele. silence of the lambs.  I think spiceworld is next.  A lot of the drag race queens are in these shows,

• Upvote 2

I think it be a good drag queen parody.  Peaches Christ who is a local bay area drag queen  always puts on these over the top drag shows in the Castro theater,  He  recently did a parody of Sister Act called Mister Act with Latrice Royale as Sister Mary Clarence.  Omg hilarious.  They also have done meangirls, showgirls, drop dead gorgeous, romy and michele. silence of the lambs.  I think spiceworld is next.  A lot of the drag race queens are in these shows,

That would be amazing!! 

Since I'm still buzzing from last night's festivities with my gays and gals, I'd thought I'd make a lil PJ thread.  It's been many years since I watched this move in its entirety and I love Janet in this movie.  I think it was a far stretch from her playing a homegirl from LA because that is the complete opposite of her life. She started a trend with them iconic braids and she scored an oscar nom for again.  I also love me some Keisha.  Drink it to the middle gurl. The movie also has some classic lines like... 

tumblr_n0ff1sczyw1qfh70bo1_500.gif

:lmao:  This is my favorite part of the movie.   I love the film because it has her and 2 Pac in it and that is why it is a cult classic today. This generation thinks this is the greatest movie ever.  They had better not remake it is movie either.   Her character didn't need to be ghetto though.  She was a poet.  This was not her best acting but it was her first big film. Wish there had been a love scene though.  Still waiting to see her plays her in the 2pac biopic

Edited by DasSad

Definitely a classic indeed and probably her most iconic movie role. On the topic of movies, I wish Janet did an action movie like she said she wanted to. I heard she got offers to do a lot of them like The Matrix in the late 90's (someone confirm this) but chose to go on The Velvet Rope Tour (which was definitely a tour worth doing BTW)

:lmao:  This is my favorite part of the movie.   I love the film because it has her and 2 Pac in it and that is why it is a cult classic today. This generation thinks this is the greatest movie ever.  They had better not remake it is movie either.   Her character didn't need to be ghetto though.  She was a poet.  This was not her best acting but it was her first big film. Wish there had been a love scene though.  Still waiting to see her plays her in the 2pac biopic

waiting to see who plays her in the 2pac biopic?? Theres no guarantee that Janet will be mentioned in his biopic 

Edited by janetDAYZ

waiting to see who plays her in the 2pac biopic?? Theres no guarantee that Janet will be mentioned in his biopic 

I think she will. We are talking about how epic the film was in this thread. Poetic Justice is too big not to be mentioned.  I would rather she not be mentioned though because it will just be about the aids test thing

I think she will. We are talking about how epic the film was in this thread. Poetic Justice is too big not to be mentioned.  I would rather she not be mentioned though because it will just be about the aids test thing

You're probably right. Bringing that AIDS test up again would definitely make her out to be a bitch. But there's always the small chance that they'd show that in a way that's fair

Not to get off subject, but I own/collect hella blurays and I been wanting them to release The Nutty Professor 2 on bluray ..and they never have.. I got the unrated director's cut DVD so I still got all the bonus features (only really care about the DRM video though).. But I'd really like to own the whole movie on 1080p bluray, ya feel me..? ?

shiiit, I just realized.. Same with muhhfukn Poetic Justice too!!

giphy_zpstogjuqo0.gif

• Upvote 2

given the nature of Janet's dealing with Tupac I dont think much of anything postive would come from a biopic so Id rather them not mention her at all.....and maybe she has control over her image and likeness being used too

high quality image...esp with Janet's DRM video....seeing that in bluray would be so cool

eh..,each time they come up with something else its labeled as "high quality" ...same was said when.dvd came out... its not all that impressive to me. How much more clear can an image get? 

• Upvote 1

Poetic Justice will NOT be remade. 

And what is so special about bluray...? Thats a serious question 

It has been talked about though.  It would be a disaster.   If anything just re release it with some bonus and behind the scenes footage.  Ice Cube was supposed to play Lucky but he turned it down.  The movie would not have been the same.  

given the nature of Janet's dealing with Tupac I dont think much of anything postive would come from a biopic so Id rather them not mention her at all.....and maybe she has control over her image and likeness being used too

Yeah it would be bad.  I always found it interesting that Q tip didn't have any issue with his kissing scene.  No one asked him to take a test?  The whole thing was just weird. 

• Upvote 2

eh..,each time they come up with something else its labeled as "high quality" ...same was said when.dvd came out... its not all that impressive to me. How much more clear can an image get? 

I'm a tech-head... It's very noticiable to me. About 6 times noticiable.. If you have yourself an HD/flatscreen TV and you're only using standard definition DVDs, your doing yourself a disservice.. 

• Upvote 1

I just rewatched it last year (I don't watch movies often, I'm more a music guy lol) Anyway I fell in love with all over again. Her drive-in and mourning-mirror scenes (I guess I'll call it that >_< lol) always stood out to me. As an animal lover, my favorite line will always be "You kick my cat, I'll kick your @$%" ...and I bet she really would in real life.

I'm a tech-head... It's very noticiable to me. About 6 times noticiable.. If you have yourself an HD/flatscreen TV and you're only using standard definition DVDs, your doing yourself a disservice.. 

a disservice? Thats a lil extreme in my opinion. If youre excited about that kind of thing cool but we've always been able to see shit clearly on tv. I dont see a msjor standout difference. Whats next? We're gonna be inside the tv screen ?

a disservice? Thats a lil extreme in my opinion. If youre excited about that kind of thing cool but we've always been able to see shit clearly on tv. I dont see a msjor standout difference. Whats next? We're gonna be inside the tv screen ?

yes: a disservice...

meaning if you went out and spent money on a high definition tv and don't watch high definition content, then you are not getting the full experience that you paid for (hence: disservice)..

that's like going out and buying a Ferrari, but never driving it over 25mph..

is it the end of the world? Of course not.. But just because you can see "shit clearly" doesn't mean you aren't missing out..

oh and btw, the next wave of in-home technology is VR (virtual reality)... So to answer your last question: YUP! I think you're getting it now! ?

• Upvote 1

Janet's acting wasn't all that in this movie. Yet I really loved it. I watch ut occassionally.

Her best acting moments were when she was being intimate with lucky.  The rest seemed forced.  The chewing gum was a bit annoying and the facial expressions.  She got hate from people like Jada who tried to audition for the role but there was no audition because John wrote the movie for Janet.  

She turned those guys on set into school boys.  They sound like they are in 5th grade with this lol 

COMPLEX: How was working with Janet Jackson?

Q-TIP: Oh great, Janet is just you know, so professional. She's been acting since she was a kid. It was just great. Tupac was there when we were shooting that scene and when we did the first kiss, 'Pac was like, "Yeah n*gga, I know you gonna f*ck up again, right?" [Laughs] And I was like, "You motherf*ckin' right, n*gga!" I'll never forget it. Then he was like "Damn, n*gga!" you know how Pac was, and he was watching it and just left for a cigarette because he said he couldn't watch it anymore.

COMPLEX: So are you saying 'Pac was envious?

Q-TIP: Nah, we were just goofing around. But all my boys from the 'hood were like, "Dude, what was that like? What's up with you kissing on Janet?" [Laughs] But of course everyone is going to ask that.