ICYMI: Usher Released His Album; Flops at #6 w/ 26k First Week

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Listening now

Need U starts off boring but once it gets going it becomes a bit groove worthy, I guess. Nothing about it stands out. I love that Priyanka Chopra is on it. I'm glad she's not singing though. 

Missing U - bop bop bop! I like this. It has a hint of classic Usher on it. 

No Limit - I like the beat to this. It's my type of music but I don't know if Usher's voice suits it. Drake or Rihanna would sound better on it. 

Bump - I hate the start. That thing shouting 80 -what or whatever is annoying. But then it smooths out into something quite sexy...until the chorus kicks in and it's a bit underwhelming. Is he rapping? Don't Usher. 

Let Me - I think this is a grower. Something about it is hot to me. Reminds me of Beyoncé Dance For You a little. 

Downtime - feeling it. Once again it's quite Drake. I've noticed this trend in people trying to make music like Drake and it doesn't work out. But this I'm feeling. 

Crash - I do like this song tbh. 

Make U A Believer - This is HOT! A complete bop. Give me more of this Usher. So sexy :wub: 

Mind of a Man - another bop served! Oh wait it's just an interlude? Grrrrr! Make it longer!

FWM - I'd love to fuck with you Usher but not with this song.

Rivals - woo I love me some Future even though he's a mess. It's catchy tbh. Especially when the chorus kicks in. 

Tell Me is so boring at first and I was about to skip it but then it turned into this hot spectacular sex song! Lord I need sex now.

Hard II Love is quite boring. I didn't enjoy it.

Stronger also took me nowhere although the lyrics were cute

Champions is so cheesy that I'm surprised Alicia Keys didn't sing it. But it is a bit catchy 

Overall the album is pretty good. It's a shame he sort of fell out in terms of success. And tbh this album really makes me miss R Kelly

• Upvote 1

Damn....well I'm not at all surprised. It's been rough on Usher this year. Not only did this album flop but his movie flopped too. He took so long releasing this album that all the hype died.

And his best single in years isn't even on it :( (Good Kisser)

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if he's worried about selling albums anymore. He's been touring for the last few years in small venues and not really even promoting that. I had him on snapchat and he snaps all the time. I loved seeing him in his mansion and doing whatever he does. He has a nice place. Anyway he's just been living life. I took him off snapchat cause he snaps way too damn much for me lol. Hell did he even promote this album?

I'm not sure if he's worried about selling albums anymore. He's been touring for the last few years in small venues and not really even promoting that. I had him on snapchat and he snaps all the time. I loved seeing him in his mansion and doing whatever he does. He has a nice place. Anyway he's just been living life. I took him off snapchat cause he snaps way too damn much for me lol. Hell did he even promote this album?

Ch I had to delete Brandy from Snapchat. I ALMOST deleted Usher too but he fine at times. I'm so glad Janet isn't on social media. It's my own fault for thinking they'd be amazing people to follow day in and day out but they're just so damn annoying. Especially Brandy - I would NOT want to be her friend with her corny and annoying self. I'm convinced she has problems. I miss the mystique these celebs provided. Now they're on Snapchat/Instagram acting fools and it's not the same. 

edit: Actually I remembered that I kept Usher because he goes to a lot of behind-the-scene events and he runs into people like Diddy, Jay Z and Samuel L Jackson etc so it's good to see that. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

Ch I had to delete Brandy from Snapchat. I ALMOST deleted Usher too but he fine at times. I'm so glad Janet isn't on social media. It's my own fault for thinking they'd be amazing people to follow day in and day out but they're just so damn annoying. Especially Brandy - I would NOT want to be her friend with her corny and annoying self. I'm convinced she has problems. I miss the mystique these celebs provided. Now they're on Snapchat/Instagram acting fools and it's not the same. 

edit: Actually I remembered that I kept Usher because he goes to a lot of behind-the-scene events and he runs into people like Diddy, Jay Z and Samuel L Jackson etc so it's good to see that. 

Ha! I'd only wanna see Brandy for her singing. I loved seeing Usher meeting with different people like you said. Whenever i'd click on his snaps it felt like I could never get finished watching his stories cause he'd have like 20 of them and I ain't got time for all that especially when I have other people's snaps to look at. I might add him back and just not watch some of his snaps lol