Forum Talk: Have we all come to a point where we don't care anymore about Janet?

jinthahouse

I have noticed especially recently that this particular forum that was once so high-traffic and so popular especially during the 2015-2020 period is now almost defunct and understandably so because Janet was so in the mainstream as compared to other years. Have we all just given up caring about the new album, tour, and whatever projects she is doing at the moment?

I love Janet alot but compared to her in 2010 to today in 2023 I think she needs to rest.

While I don't care how she dances seeing her is amazing, for the majority and for the sake of new fans it's underwhelming seeing the music videos at such a a speed to go to one of her concerts live with her dancing at the speed of a .75 YouTube video. So not only is she not making much content she's also reusing (Very good) content that doesn't attract new fans. 

Personally for the best of both worlds I feel like she should drop most of her old music and focus on a few new tunes that she can better express without having to cut corners.  

• 10 months later...

There’s a term called quiet quitting where people intentionally throttle down their productivity at work while still collecting a pay check. 

I think many in JanFam Euphoria have quietly broken up with Janet of the illusion of Janet Jackson. 

It’s mainly because Janet doesn’t appear to care about her career or her fans and is just going through the motions to pay the bills. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, is there any point in wondering about new music now? We heard a 6 sec clip of something during the tour months ago and that has been the extent to our "promises" so far. As someone who lives in the UK, its very frustrating not seeing her perform here and the fact no rescheduled shows have ever materialised since 2015.   In fairness, I'm not convinced she could sell out large venues here so maybe thats part of the problem,

• 2 months later...

I always go back and forth on whether or not to keep this forum going given there's nothing new to share outside of touring.  The heyday of the forum pre-dates the formation of it.  It was during 2001-2008 which coincides with her releasing music and being active.

And... we've all grown up as well and fandom may mean something different to us.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, Angela said:

I always go back and forth on whether or not to keep this forum going given there's nothing new to share outside of touring.  The heyday of the forum pre-dates the formation of it.  It was during 2001-2008 which coincides with her releasing music and being active.

And... we've all grown up as well and fandom may mean something different to us.

True. I think mostly everyone is on twitter, IG, or fb. I have Shawn1814, Dayz, Lenny, Jarryl, DirtyDave, Cosmo, Boi, Ronnie, and a few others either on either of those 3 and some of them I have on all of it. I always talk with Dayz and Boi on IG. Shawn and Lenny mostly on twitter.