Lady Gaga chases Janet's record, captures it, and smashes it into bits.

King Baby

Some of yall try to act like it's not easier for the new chicks to get the top spot on the charts nowadays. I like the song, but it's not worth being played every hour on the hour.

Thank you. -_-

I mean if pop stations play your song every hour on the hour the way they did on kiss fm here in LA, then of course you're going to shatter records. That's 72 spins in one weekend on the biggest pop station in the 2nd largest market in the country. And they weren't even the only station in LA doing that.

Thank you. -_-

I mean if pop stations play your song every hour on the hour the way they did on kiss fm here in LA, then of course you're going to shatter records. That's 72 spins in one weekend on the biggest pop station in the 2nd largest market in the country. And they weren't even the only station in LA doing that.

I know, she's massive :thumbup:

I know, she's massive :thumbup:

Yes she is massive. But recognize that her success is as much about hype as it is about quality. She broke Miss Jackson's record by default, not because people wanted to hear the song and were requesting it like they did with A4U.

Yes she is massive. But recognize that her success is as much about hype as it is about quality. She broke Miss Jackson's record by default, not because people wanted to hear the song and were requesting it like they did with A4U.

Lady Gaga's biggest artwork is the art of fame doll B)

Her of ALL ppl ...You couldn't even pay me to believe that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I forgot what song they tried to do it with, but they truly tried it :umm:

Thank you. -_-

One here in SC is doing it -_-

Didn't someone post something about people calling in saying they didn't like the song and the DJs said they still were gonna play it every hour on the hour anyways?

Didn't someone post something about people calling in saying they didn't like the song and the DJs said they still were gonna play it every hour on the hour anyways?

I said this last week. :yep:

Thats exactly what happened here in LA. Reaction was very mixed, but payola was in full swing. I didn't mind it though because I actually like the track. :)

Was Gaga's song added to every radio format on the first day? I think that's the most known AFY record.

Also, Janet's record is for a song that's based on airplay (if I'm reading the article correctly), where the commercial product isn't on sale yet. Gaga got to #1 with the help of iTunes and payola.

The question is, how long can she keep up this outlandish behavior. People like her come and go. This is cute because she's in her twenties. She's like the art chics at college. Sooner or later you just begin to look rediculous. If she were 14 and doing this, she might ave a chance a longevity. But as it is, she's already too old to be acting the fool. coffee.gifladygaga.jpg

Archived