Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen of the Damned was Aaliyah's best acting role in my opinion....she went there.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was Akasha!

I don't think Aaliyah would have been overexposed. She was on her way to do some big THANGS. This hurts because she passed away at the pinnacle of her career. Her last album was AMAZING, but it really wasn't flying off the shelves as far as sales. But the critical acclaim meant more to me than actual commercial success.

I provided PLENTY of quotes, facts, and receipts, but you didn't want to listen because you KNEW it would kill your little argument.

You got dragged...accept it. :coffee:

The only receipts you were bringing up was shit that went down years later AFTER Chapter II era and the ONLY other one you brought in happened BEFORE the Chapter II era. You had NOTHING for the actual time of the era.

The only receipts you were bringing up was shit that went down years later AFTER Chapter II era and the ONLY other one you brought in happened BEFORE the Chapter II era. You had NOTHING for the actual time of the era.

I gave you receipts for things that happened before, during, and more importantly after that time.

Again, my receipts killed your argument so you tried to dismiss it.

The facts remains...you got dragged....accept it. :coffee:

I don't think Aaliyah would have been overexposed. She was on her way to do some big THANGS. This hurts because she passed away at the pinnacle of her career. Her last album was AMAZING, but it really wasn't flying off the shelves as far as sales. But the critical acclaim meant more to me than actual commercial success.

that whole scene where she enters the bar and does her little dance was just EPIC!!! "Really, is that what your going to do..." ...WERQ BITCH!!!

Why do ppl keep saying that? It debuted @ #2 and was easily the highest first wk sales of her career (including Monica and Brandy's). It went gold within 4 weeks. It moved faster than her previous efforts.

Why do ppl keep saying that? It debuted @ #2 and was easily the highest first wk sales of her career (including Monica and Brandy's). It went gold within 4 weeks. It moved faster than her previous efforts.

Well it's the truth. The album became "BIG" upon her death. It wasn't a diss because that didn't make me hate the album because it was a slow seller. I'll stan for that album, but it wasn't moving units like that.

I gave you receipts for things that happened before, during, and more importantly after that time.

Again, my receipts killed your argument so you tried to dismiss it.

The facts remains...you got dragged....accept it. :coffee:

I gave you receipts from the 03'LOSERS (Ashanti,Irv) mouths. NO PROOF can rival that. CASE CLOSED

that whole scene where she enters the bar and does her little dance was just EPIC!!! "Really, is that what your going to do..." ...WERQ BITCH!!!

LAWD. That was one of my friends favorite parts..She did that, and I was sold on this girl going somewhere in film.

thats what i thought. I remember it came out the same day as Alicia Keys and I was mad at that dike bitch for having the nerve to release her album the same day as Aaliyah. :flipoff:

Well it's the truth. The album became "BIG" upon her death. It wasn't a diss because that didn't make me hate the album because it was a slow seller. I'll stan for that album, but it wasn't moving units like that.

This is what I'm saying. Aaliyah was never HUGE. So on a lower scale it was GREAT numbers for someone on her level. IT was selling faster than her first and second. You have to grade artists on the level they're on..not on a complete POP scale.

LAWD. That was one of my friends favorite parts..She did that, and I was sold on this girl going somewhere in film.

she definitely was. not to mention we would have had an Aaliyah and Janet collaboration which was like my wet dream at the time :wub: . I mean it seriously was :mellow: ...i mean seriously :mellow:

I gave you receipts from the 03'LOSERS (Ashanti,Irv) mouths. NO PROOF can rival that. CASE CLOSED

...and I gave you receipts showing why they would say what they said instead of spotlighting internal drama.

You still lose...you still got dragged....I'm still waiting on you to accept it. :coffee:

thats what i thought. I remember it came out the same day as Alicia Keys and I was mad at that dike bitch for having the nerve to release her album the same day as Aaliyah. :flipoff:

"Songs In A Minor" was already out,it came out in over a month before...Alicia was getting so big it climbed back up to #1. Had it not done that Aaliyah would have debut at #1 easily. She still shitted on any of Brandy and Monica's first wk.

This is what I'm saying. Aaliyah was never HUGE. So on a lower scale it was GREAT numbers for someone on her level. IT was selling faster than her first and second. You have to grade artists on the level they're on..not on a complete POP scale.

I understand that, but it was exactly flying off of shelves, neither were her singles. Her music had evolved and I don't think the general public was up on her evolution. "We Need A Resolution" was so different but fizzled on the Hot 100..She had two huge hits with "Are You That Somebody" and "Try Again"..that interest really didn't transpire to the Aaliyah album because she tried something different. I respect her for that.

she definitely was. not to mention we would have had an Aaliyah and Janet collaboration which was like my wet dream at the time :wub: . I mean it seriously was :mellow: ...i mean seriously :mellow:

I would have loved that Janet/Aaliyah collabo. I know she genuinely loved Janet and Janet had nothing but good things to say about her.

...and I gave you receipts showing why they would say what they said instead of spotlighting internal drama.

You still lose...you still got dragged....I'm still waiting on you to accept it. :coffee:

They didn't have to GIVE up props tho :lol: Who gives out props and compliments to folks they don't think deserve it? Common sense EASILY knocks down your analogy. :lmao:

"Songs In A Minor" was already out,it came out in over a month before...Alicia was getting so big it climbed back up to #1. Had it not done that Aaliyah would have debut at #1 easily. She still shitted on any of Brandy and Monica's first wk.

oh okay...i didnt keep up with that fake ho, so i didnt know. All I knew is that Aaliyah was not number one and I was on my cycle and fuming mad. :flipoff:

oh okay...i didnt keep up with that fake ho, so i didnt know. All I knew is that Aaliyah was not number one and I was on my cycle and fuming mad. :flipoff:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I didn't realize that Alicia Dykeys had came out around that time..now it makes sense.

I understand that, but it was exactly flying off of shelves, neither were her singles. Her music had evolved and I don't think the general public was up on her evolution. "We Need A Resolution" was so different but fizzled on the Hot 100..She had two huge hits with "Are You That Somebody" and "Try Again"..that interest really didn't transpire to the Aaliyah album because she tried something different. I respect her for that.

I'm aware "We Need A Resolution" didn't do anything big. But salewise and chart position it was the HIGHEST and BIGGEST Aaliyah has ever had so maybe thats why I'm looking at it has having the potential to be more successful. It was off to a good start ALBUM SALESWISE. Going GOLD in 4 weeks...she has NEVER done.Thats all I'm saying.

Archived