Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I dragged dayz in the previous thread." That is cosigning yourself.

And allow me to quote a few posts from the same thread on Beyonce World:

"Beyoncé is a much better vocalist, more versatile singer, definitely better dancer, overall Beyoncé as an artist and performer >>>>>>>>>> Aaliyah.

And I love babygurl. Her albums were great and she had the voice and the presence.

But since the tragedy of her death, some people think they have to exaggerate her talent and skills to pay homage to her."

-WorkItOut80

"I agree with alot of people who said that Aaliyahs best album was her last and it was flopping on the charts. I have personally bought all her cds and saw her in concert but she has NEVER been a global success and never had much success outside of R&B and the states. She doesnt sing better than bey, dance better than bey and she was skinny ass hell. She was a sweet girl and of course like all young people who loose their lives she left this world early but her stans need to get real with themselves. Aaliyah wasnt no damn legend and wasnt even an icon she had a couple albums out before she passed and none of them were classic and none of them changed the face of music. That is all"

-Tish

:cheers:

I didn't co-sign myself. :rolleyes:I dragged dayz in the previous thread. :coffee:

Beyonce may not have had her time to shine if Aaliyah had lived. :coffee:

I didn't post anything comedic, but you can still give me that +1 :excited:

Delusion is a disease that you should have avoided. #Toolate

"I dragged dayz in the previous thread." That is cosigning yourself.

And allow me to quote a few posts from the same thread on Beyonce World:

"Beyoncé is a much better vocalist, more versatile singer, definitely better dancer, overall Beyoncé as an artist and performer >>>>>>>>>> Aaliyah.

And I love babygurl. Her albums were great and she had the voice and the presence.

But since the tragedy of her death, some people think they have to exaggerate her talent and skills to pay homage to her."

-WorkItOut80

"I agree with alot of people who said that Aaliyahs best album was her last and it was flopping on the charts. I have personally bought all her cds and saw her in concert but she has NEVER been a global success and never had much success outside of R&B and the states. She doesnt sing better than bey, dance better than bey and she was skinny ass hell. She was a sweet girl and of course like all young people who loose their lives she left this world early but her stans need to get real with themselves. Aaliyah wasnt no damn legend and wasnt even an icon she had a couple albums out before she passed and

none of them were classic and

none of them changed the face of music. That is all"

-Tish

:cheers:

Not that I'm trying to say Aaliyah would have been up there with Beyonce but to answer that quote.

Isn't Aaliyah's last project considered a classic by the public and critics alike?

Wasn't "One In A Million" the FIRST of its kind and set a template for others later to follow.

Is ANY of Bee's albums considered "classics"?

Did Bee change the face of music,herself?

Just asking.

@ThatOtherFan I'm curious as to why you'd think that? Please explain because imo there was nothing that pointed to Aaliyah stopping Beyonce.

Ignore TOF..he comes with irrational arguments just to discredit Bee just because Sir Duke likes her and others praise her. He's not to be taken seriously in regards to ANYTHING affiliated and/or associated with Bee.

Not that I'm trying to say Aaliyah would have been up there with Beyonce but to answer that quote.

Isn't Aaliyah's last project considered a classic by the public and critics alike?

Wasn't "One In A Million" the FIRST of its kind and set a template for others later to follow.

Just asking.

Im just answering aint shit Bee has done been a fucking classic maybe some singles here and there but damn her albums except DIL :filenails:

i didnt read past 5 pages, but this is my opinion..

i think aaliyah woulda been bigger in movies than beyonce, as far as music goes, aaliyah woulda always been bigger, better than beyonce (at least in my eyes) .. i dont really care for beyonce, but that beyonce bitch can sell out arenas. aaliyahs stage presence and performance of course coulda been better

Aaliyah's music is superior to Beyonce's....the way she evolved as an artist musically as well as the sound she helped craft influenced artists from Justin Timberlake to Clara to Beyonce herself.

The sound Timberland mastered was heavily inspired by his work with Aaliyah....hell she was his muse. It was this work that aided in JT's FutureSex/LoveSounds project.

Ciara owes her career to Aaliyah.

#catchit

Delusion is a disease that you should have avoided. #Toolate

I learned in Victimology that such thinking is called "psychosis" - Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality, usually including false beliefs about what is taking place or who one is (delusions) and seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations).

Just asking.

I don't believe it is. It got good reviews from the critics, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a classic. It was a coming of age album a la Control, and it displayed much artistic growth. IDK, I can't really say because I don't follow her like that, although I do enjoy a number of Aaliyah's songs. Truth be told, in the 90s, Aaliyah was having trouble keeping up with Brandy and Monica on the charts and in album sales. Aaliyah was never worldwide at her peak, much less a stateside commodity. And considering what Beyonce has done to Brandy's career (you don't I don't include Monica for the obvious), I doubt Aaliyah would be insanely popular. Her and Ciara would probably be duking it out.

As for Beyonce, we had this discussion on Beyonce World, and it was a consensus that Beyonce doesn't have a classic album yet, but she has classic singles. Beyonce, IDT, hasn't changed music itself. But she has unequivocally redefined what it means to be a performer. She is definitely the standard as you see EVERYONE tries to compare themselves to her.

I don't believe it is. It got good reviews from the critics, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a classic. It was a coming of age album a la Control, and it displayed much artistic growth. IDK, I can't really say because I don't follow her like that, although I do enjoy a number of Aaliyah's songs. Truth be told, in the 90s, Aaliyah was having trouble keeping up with Brandy and Monica on the charts and in album sales. Aaliyah was never worldwide at her peak, much less a stateside commodity. And considering what Beyonce has done to Brandy's career (you don't I don't include Monica for the obvious), I doubt Aaliyah would be insanely popular. Her and Ciara would probably be duking it out.

As for Beyonce, we had this discussion on Beyonce World, and it was a consensus that Beyonce doesn't have a classic album yet, but she has classic singles. Beyonce, IDT, hasn't changed music itself. But she has unequivocally redefined what it means to be a performer. She is definitely the standard as you see EVERYONE tries to compare themselves to her.

And nor has Beyonce changed the face of music. Aaliyah HAS. That persons quote you posted is misinformed, clearly.

Better singer - it depends what kind of singing you like. Beyonce has more power but Aaliyah puts more emotion into it.

Better dancer - Aaliyah. Gyrating is not dancing, Bey.

Better actress - Aaliyah.

Better lyricist - neither wrote. Changing a word don't count.

Better performer - Beyonce. Aaliyahs performances bored me somewhat. I always felt she was holding back.

I LOVE Aaliyah. I love Beyonce. I prefer Aaliyah. But I'm not kidding myself in thinking Aaliyah would be more successful. Perhaps in the box office yeah she may have been. Musically? No. We Need A Resolution near enough flopped when she was alive. She had more success with her soundtrack singles. I think had she left Blackground then yes...she could have been more successful as an artist. I also think the fact that her music was ahead of its time worked against her in terms of material success.

Archived