Ginuwine: Aaliyah would be 'neck and neck' with Beyonce

art

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm aware "We Need A Resolution" didn't do anything big. But salewise and chart position it was the HIGHEST and BIGGEST Aaliyah has ever had so maybe thats why I'm looking at it has having the potential to be more successful. It was off to a good start ALBUM SALESWISE. Going GOLD in 4 weeks...she has NEVER done.Thats all I'm saying.

Maybe I'm thinking more of her "commercial appeal" with her singles AYTS and "Try Again"..I expected more from her since she was crossing over to mainstream. Unfortunately, her passing validated that she in fact was an artist who was about to do things.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I didn't realize that Alicia Dykeys had came out around that time..now it makes sense.

i think she came out a week or weeks before Aaliyah and she had all that hype surrounding her and people were saying that she was the next Lauryn Hill and you know how everybody loved Lauryn Hill back then, so everybody went out and brought her album only to find out that she was your basic generic r&b ho that happens to play piano :rolleyes:

They didn't have to GIVE up props tho :lol: Who gives out props and compliments to folks they don't think deserve it? Common sense EASILY knocks down your analogy. :lmao:

As I said then, neither Irv or Ashanti had any reason to be upset with Beyonce. She had a good year, so give her props. However, there was internal drama...and they could've EASILY went that route talked about things that were going on behind the scenes, but they didn't. Even though Irv (as he later revealed, which I also provided receipts for) felt that the higher up execs basically hindered/fucked up the true potential many of the projects his label released at that time. However, he didn't discuss that then, because it's not good business especially considering the vulnerable position his company was in at that time.

You've been snatched once again...

From this point forward, just attach all future wigs to end of your posts. It saves me the trouble of having to snatch you bald each and every time. :coffee:

i think she came out a week or weeks before Aaliyah and she had all that hype surrounding her and people were saying that she was the next Lauryn Hill and you know how everybody loved Lauryn Hill back then, so everybody went out and brought her album only to find out that she was your basic generic r&b ho that happens to play piano :rolleyes:

LOL. I remember the hype with Alicia(I went out and brought her album) but I didn't realize it was around the time Aaliyah released her album. I know for a fact, I purchased Aaliyah's album when it first came out.

I didn't like Alicia's album like that. She got better with her next one.

I would have loved that Janet/Aaliyah collabo. I know she genuinely loved Janet and Janet had nothing but good things to say about her.

For Aaliyah to be the only female singer Janet wanted to collaborate with you know Janet must have seen a lot in her.

LOL. I remember the hype with Alicia(I went out and brought her album) but I didn't realize it was around the time Aaliyah released her album. I know for a fact, I purchased Aaliyah's album when it first came out.

I didn't like Alicia's album like that. She got better with her next one.

i got her album the first week too. I also remember her going on TRL with a snake and giving that snake some random as name spur the moment..i think it was Boots or something :lol: I really enjoyed her though, she wasnt afraid to use her imagination and BE different and I truly loved her for that.

For Aaliyah to be the only female singer Janet wanted to collaborate with you know Janet must have seen a lot in her.

True tea.

i got her album the first week too. I also remember her going on TRL with a snake and giving that snake some random as name spur the moment..i think it was Boots or something :lol:I really enjoyed her though, she wasnt afraid to use her imagination and BE different and I truly loved her for that.

This dude I used to fuck with loved her. He loved the hell out that album. I loved the album too and I remember an article that said that the "Aaliyah" album should have been what "All For You" should have been for Janet.

True tea.

This dude I used to fuck with loved her. He loved the hell out that album. I loved the album too and I remember an article that said that the "Aaliyah" album should have been what "All For You" should have been for Janet.

i think that was Rolling Stones :asham: . They were comparing the 'Aaliyah' album to Jagged Little Pill and The Velvet Rope and I was like well damn, it dont get no better than that. Her videos were incredible too, I remember when the 'Are You That Somebody' video came out...chile she had everybody and they damn momma tryin to learn that routine. :lol:

i think that was Rolling Stones :asham: . They were comparing the 'Aaliyah' album to Jagged Little Pill and The Velvet Rope and I was like well damn, it dont get no better than that. Her videos were incredible too, I remember when the 'Are You That Somebody' video came out...chile she had everybody and they damn momma tryin to learn that routine. :lol:

I think Rollingstone gave the album 4 stars.. :thumbup: I loved reading the critics reviews..they knew what was up with that album.

I remember the "Try Again" video..my homeboy was a dancer and he told me I needed to see that video ASAP. She slayed(hence her winning Best Female Video at the MTV Music awards).. :excited:

I think Rollingstone gave the album 4 stars.. :thumbup: I loved reading the critics reviews..they knew what was up with that album.

I remember the "Try Again" video..my homeboy was a dancer and he told me I needed to see that video ASAP. She slayed(hence her winning Best Female Video at the MTV Music awards).. :excited:

she really did. she was so next level with everything she did. she's missed.

Yep. The best thing she could have done was working with Missy and Timbo. But she worked with other producers as well to evolve her sound.

i think that was more important to her rather than working with somebody HOT at the moment. she seemed like she was fine with staying in her lane. i do feel like some of her fans try to make it seem like she was more than what she was, but they are her fans and thats what they're supposed to do.

i think that was more important to her rather than working with somebody HOT at the moment. she seemed like she was fine with staying in her lane. i do feel like some of her fans try to make it seem like she was more than what she was, but they are her fans and thats what they're supposed to do.

Exactly. I loved her for that.

PLEASE say that again!

The girls like ignore/disregard the fact that Aaliyah was a dancer and that she had everybody trying to learn/imitate her routines back in the day! :sigh:

Also, TOF, cosigning yourself doesn't make your false statement(s) true. You didn't drag anyone.

Aaliyah would be in Beyonce's shadow.

I didn't co-sign myself. :rolleyes: I dragged dayz in the previous thread. :coffee:

Beyonce may not have had her time to shine if Aaliyah had lived. :coffee:

I should give you a +1 for posting pure comedy :lmao:

I didn't post anything comedic, but you can still give me that +1 :excited:

Beyonce can't act....her songwriting credits are disputable and she isn't a dancer.

Aaliyah wasn't the vocalist Beyonce is.

The only aspect(s) even comparable are music and performance.

IMO had Aaliyah lived, she would be more accomplished than Beyonce, but Bey would be regarded as the better performer.

Eh.

^^this +1 Janet would get credit from Aaliyah and probably duet

Archived