The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

"4" and "Countdown" rank on Rolling Stone's year end best.

A triumphal love song, slathered in crazy sauce: marching-band drums, backward-counting backup singers, honking horns and that weird-ass "boof-boof!" hook.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-singles-of-2011-20111207/beyonce-countdown-19691231

The world's shrewdest diva turns on her star power full blast, indulges her oddball side and flaunts her mastery of seemingly every modern pop mode – from the riotous hiphop love ode "Countdown" to the sweet, faux-Stevie retrosoul ditty "Love on Top" to the futuristic stomper "Run the World (Girls).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2011-20111207/beyonce-4-19691231

DeadBanana.gif @ the "faux-Stevie" comment.

• Upvote 1

"4" and "Countdown" rank on Rolling Stone's year end best.

A triumphal love song, slathered in crazy sauce: marching-band drums, backward-counting backup singers, honking horns and that weird-ass "boof-boof!" hook.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-singles-of-2011-20111207/beyonce-countdown-19691231

The world's shrewdest diva turns on her star power full blast, indulges her oddball side and flaunts her mastery of seemingly every modern pop mode – from the riotous hiphop love ode "Countdown" to the sweet, faux-Stevie retrosoul ditty "Love on Top" to the futuristic stomper "Run the World (Girls).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2011-20111207/beyonce-4-19691231

DeadBanana.gif @ the "faux-Stevie" comment.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I haven't checked it out yet - I'm getting it from Xmas. I like Bey when she strips things back so I think I'll like this.

I don't mind her as an entertainer I just can't get into all of her music.... I think I will pick it up... I owe him because he did sit thru the velvet rope tour dvd twice. (thats my favorite tour from janet the others ones are "OK" to me but that one stands out she just had this intensity and fire to me)

I don't mind her as an entertainer I just can't get into all of her music.... I think I will pick it up... I owe him because he did sit thru the velvet rope tour dvd twice. (thats my favorite tour from janet the others ones are "OK" to me but that one stands out she just had this intensity and fire to me)

You don't owe him shit. He should be GLAD Queen gave him his immediate life 2 times over.

5arfog.gif

Beyoncé & Jay-Z Attend Michael Jackson 'Immortal' Show

carters-immortal-475x369.jpg

Beyoncé and Jay-Z soaked in the sounds of the King of Pop at the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday night (Dec. 10). Hip-hop’s royal couple caught the latest Cirque du Soleil show and went backstage to meet and pose with cast members. The mom-to-be hid her baby bump with a blazer over a leopard-print dress, while Mr. Carter went casual in jeans and adidas sneakers.

• 2 weeks later...
The Dream, who wrote her mega hit "Single Ladies" and a few of the tracks on her 4 album, recently revealed that the two are re-teaming for her next project.

"She's ready to work, She's crazy! She never stops doing anything. I don't know if [pregnancy] is going to slow her down. She's just incredible with doing things, I don't know how she's going to do it, she's just a maniac... in a good way."

This bitch won't even let her coochie snap back before she releases a new album? :sigh: Oh B...still love ya.

If the Rihanna reign wasn't gonna let up before, I bet it will now. Some ships in that 'navy' about to get sunk like the Titanic... :filenails:

:filenails::filenails::filenails::filenails::filenails:

Oh Beyonce. She just won’t let them lessors be great.

Again, proving that pregnancy is little more than a few months of being heavier than usual, the megastar is already putting the wheels in motion for her 5th studio album. This according to hitmaker The-Dream, who she has reportedly enlisted for the project – the follow-up to this year’s ’4′.

Full story after the jump…

Speaking to AOL’s Boombox, Dream (real name Terius Nash) said of the 30 year old:

“She’s ready to work. She’s crazy! She never stops doing anything. I don’t know if [pregnancy] is going to slow her down. She’s just incredible with doing things, I don’t know how she’s going to do it, she’s just a maniac… in a good way.”

Say what we will about Mr Nash, he and King B are renown for making magic together (‘Single Ladies’, anyone?). As such, we certainly welcome his presence on her new project. A project we’re not altogether surprised is in the works. After all, Ms. Knowles’ work ethic is infallible.

Yet, in keeping it 100, the sales of ’4′ are also likely a reason why a new album is being cooked up already. Indeed, while critically hailed and sonically cohesive, the set’s 956,000 sales to date are a far cry from the success Bey is used to. Not to mention the lack of any standout ‘hit’ single.

So, while the aforementioned will be skimmed over due this being “the album she got pregnant during”, Bey, her team, and the label, know the drill. The next project has to perform markedly better. As such, don’t be surprised if the material is altogether more radio-friendly than the stellar-yet-not-crafted-for-radio tracks ’4′ had to offer. 15 years deep, Ms. Knowles-Carter knows the industry is a game that has to be played over and a certain way for continued success.

Yay... But I doubt we'll get it anytime soon. I'm just waiting on some new Janet music. I'm already beginning to have withdrawals

Agreed. But this will take a while, too. She doesn't really seem to be in that vibe atm unless it's just a fun single for probably Nutrisystem.