The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

You can't be a stan of an artist if you don't even own their albums. That's like rule #1.

Then how are you considered a Janet stan?

3. I down own DS. I'm not in the position to pay $32 for a CD I barely listen to. But I'll get it eventually.

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/2163-janet-jackson-stan-confessions/page__view__findpost__p__82244

Seems like that "rule" doesn't hold weight, Bey stan.

"But I'll get it eventually."

I see we're picking and choosing. The one album that's rare, while ignoring that I own all of Janet's 14 other albums, including Control and RN1814 on vinyl, along with MYM, Nasty, and RN on vinyl, and the TA single on CD. Having 14 albums > not having one (the rarest one, at that).

And you fail because I bought DS off iTunes back in 2007. I don't have a PHYSICAL copy, hence the $32 price point. Surely I wasn't talking digital.

I never knew you didnt own her albums. :o

Nope. I don't feel like any of her albums are good enough for me to buy as a regular fan. Being that I have an iTunes gift card, and I feel like Beyonce is going to do something different with her next album, I'm setting aside $10 for download from iTunes.

"But I'll get it eventually."

I see we're picking and choosing. The one album that's rare, while ignoring that I own all of Janet's 14 other albums, including Control and RN1814 on vinly, along with MYM, Nasty, and RN on vinyl, and the TA single on CD. Having 15 albums > not having one (the rarest one at that).

And you fail because I bought DS off iTunes back in 2007. I don't have a PHYSICAL copy, hence the $32 price point. Surely I wasn't taking digital.

But you said you don't have it.

And obviously you failed, because if you bought it on iTunes, it means you own it. And if you wanted a cheap physical copy, it's not that hard to hit up eBay :filenails:

And regardless of all that you're still a Bey stan...funny how that works :filenails:

The "$32" should have been the red flag that I was talking about physical. I guess the context clues weren't enough to solve the mystery. But I digress.

BAN @ a cheap DS CD. They're about the same price http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=janet+jackson+dream+street&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And still I don't own any of Beyonce's album. B)

Nope. I don't feel like any of her albums are good enough for me to buy as a regular fan. Being that I have an iTunes gift card, and I feel like Beyonce is going to do something different with her next album, I'm setting aside $10 for download from iTunes.

If IYO she doesnt do anything different will you stop being a fan?

The "$32" should have been the red flag that I was talking about physical. I guess the context clues weren't enough to solve the mystery. But I digress.

BAN @ a cheap DS CD. They're about the same price http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=janet+jackson+dream+street&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And still I don't own any of Beyonce's album. B)

But yet you're still a funny..uh...funny how that works :filenails:

• 2 weeks later...

Want to work it out like Beyoncé? Here’s how. The pop star has partnered with First Lady Michelle Obama and the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation to help fight childhood obesity.

Bey re-recorded her hit “Get Me Bodied” for the “Let’s Move! Flash Workout” campaign and is now releasing it under the name “Move Your Body.” An instructional video featuring a group of teenagers getting down to the Swizz Beatz-produced tune was released online, while she will also record her own version of the exercise routine for distribution to participating schools.

She previously shared her elation over helping to fight the growing health problem. “I am excited to be part of this effort that addresses a public health crisis,” stated Beyoncé. “First Lady Michelle Obama deserves credit for tackling this issue directly, and I applaud the NAB Education Foundation for trying to make a positive difference in the lives of our schoolchildren.”

• 2 weeks later...

Francis Lawrence Says 'Girls' Video Will Be One Of Beyoncé's Biggest Ever

Beyoncé is pulling out the big guns in the music video for “Girls,” the lead single off her highly-anticipated fourth album. According to the clip’s director Francis Lawrence, the visuals go above and beyond what the superstar has done in previous videos.

“It’ll be big, it’ll probably be one of the bigger Beyoncé music videos ever done,” he told MTV News. “And, I can say that I think the song is unbelievable.”

The famed visionary confirmed “Girls” as the song’s title, but kept mum on the concept of the video. “She would probably have me shot if I said anything. … Some stuff spilled out, but she wasn’t happy about it, so I’ve been sworn to secrecy,” he said, referring to photos that surfaced from the shoot.

“Girls,” which was filmed over several days in California, marks the first music video he’s helmed since Lady Gaga’s Grammy-winning “Bad Romance” in 2009. He hopes Bey’s latest will achieve the same success.

“The Gaga thing took me by surprise, ’cause I’ve done videos for probably 15 years, and I had forgotten what to felt like to have a video premiere and have it be anticipated and have it explode,” he added. “And yeah I hope the same for Beyoncé, but I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It is a fantastic song, so I really hope that song catches for her, and I think the video’s gonna be really fun and cool and different for her.”

Beyoncé Hits Up Disneyland Paris

2rny9sw.jpg

With her new single “Run the World (Girls)” quickly rising up the iTunes charts, Beyoncé is savoring her last few vacation days in Paris. The singer enjoyed a fun-filled day out with her nephew Julez and his father at Disneyland Paris today. She kept a low profile, putting on a Goofy hat, sleeveless graphic tee, and shades as she wandered around the theme park with her and Jay-Z’s bodyguards in tow, but Mr. Carter was nowhere in sight.

'Run The World (Girls)' is currently No. 12 on the iTunes main chart.

33fewqw.jpg

Beyoncé put her beauty on display in Paris. The 29-year-old singer struck a fierce pose for a photo shoot outside a balcony at The Ritz Hotel wearing a pink floral top and a sheer black skirt with her hair pulled back into a ponytail. She visited Disneyland Paris the day before with her nephew Julez, enjoying the rides and participating in a toy gun fight. Her new single “Run the World (Girls)” has already cracked the top 5 on iTunes.