New Music Video: Rihanna - Man Down

art

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rihanna’s ‘Man Down’ Video Draws Fire from Parents Advocacy Group

Rihanna fired shots in her newly premiered video for “Man Down,” and now she’s the one coming under attack.

The Parents Television Council, a non-profit organization that advocates responsible entertainment, is blasting the red-haired singer for “cold, calculated execution of murder” in her latest video, reports TMZ.

The council is outraged at Rihanna’s suggestion that killing a rapist is a proper form of justice and doesn’t agree with her rationale that it sends “a very strong underlying message 4 girls like me.”

“If Chris Brown shot a woman in his new video and BET premiered it, the world would stop. Rihanna should not get a pass,” said PTC, who also chided BET for airing the video.

The group previously took issue with Rihanna and Britney Spears’ opening performance of “S&M” at the Billboard Music Awards, likening it to a “Vegas stripper show."

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/06/01/rihanna-draws-fire-from-parents-advocacy-group-for-man-down-video/#more-86812

I knew this video was gonna cause controversy.. :coffee:

They're doing too much. 'Russian Roulette' was more controversial than this.

I know they are..but the ending where she was getting "attacked" by that chocolate man was going to spin into the "incident" that shall not be spoken.. :rolleyes:

I still love the video though..it goes with the song.. :blush:

They're doing too much. 'Russian Roulette' was more controversial than this.

i knew somebody was gonna say something about it. It reminds me of when Madonna released the video for 'What It Feels Like for A Girl' and they had to edit alot of scenes out because it was soooo 'violent'. :rolleyes: Some folks are just to sensitive.

i knew somebody was gonna say something about it. It reminds me of when Madonna released the video for 'What It Feels Like for A Girl' and they had to edit alot of scenes out because it was soooo 'violent'. :rolleyes: Some folks are just to sensitive.

For real -_-. They act like shit don't happen in real life. Fucking fools.

hypocrites.. the people watching her crap are the same people who watch cable television, movies, and has sex...

if i were Rihanna and her team.. i'd keep it

For real -_-. They act like shit don't happen in real life. Fucking fools.

exactly.

hypocrites.. the people watching her crap are the same people who watch cable television, movies, and has sex...

if i were Rihanna and her team.. i'd keep it

thats soo true and I know they arent trying to 'protect' the kids especially not with all the video games that contain violence in them. chile please.

i would definitely keep it.

Rihanna’s ‘Man Down’ Video Draws Fire from Parents Advocacy Group

Rihanna fired shots in her newly premiered video for “Man Down,” and now she’s the one coming under attack.

The Parents Television Council, a non-profit organization that advocates responsible entertainment, is blasting the red-haired singer for “cold, calculated execution of murder” in her latest video, reports TMZ.

The council is outraged at Rihanna’s suggestion that killing a rapist is a proper form of justice and doesn’t agree with her rationale that it sends “a very strong underlying message 4 girls like me.”

“If Chris Brown shot a woman in his new video and BET premiered it, the world would stop. Rihanna should not get a pass,” said PTC, who also chided BET for airing the video.

The group previously took issue with Rihanna and Britney Spears’ opening performance of “S&M” at the Billboard Music Awards, likening it to a “Vegas stripper show."

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/06/01/rihanna-draws-fire-from-parents-advocacy-group-for-man-down-video/#more-86812

We can't act like this ain't true tho. The double standard in society is a muthafuka!

Rihanna Defends 'Man Down' Video: "This Is The Real World!"

Rihanna faced backlash from the Parents Television Council over her controversial video for “Man Down.” Now she is firing back at her critics.

The PTC, which advocates responsible entertainment, blasted the red-haired singer and BET for airing the Anthony Mandler-directed visuals, where she kills her sexual abuser after he rapes her. The group argued that murder was the wrong message to send to her young audience, but RiRi is standing by her art.

“I’m a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What’s up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I’m just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!” tweeted RiRi, a victim of abuse herself. “Cuz we all know how difficult/embarrassing it is to communicate touchy subject matters to anyone especially our parents!”

She believes it is the parents’ job to raise their kids and not the entertainment industry. “And this is why! Cuz we turn the other cheek! U can’t hide your kids from society,or they’ll never learn how to adapt! This is the REAL WORLD!” she added. “The music industry isn’t exactly Parents R Us! We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US.”

Rihanna faced backlash from the Parents Television Council over her controversial video for “Man Down.” Now she is firing back at her critics.

The PTC, which advocates responsible entertainment, blasted the red-haired singer and BET for airing the Anthony Mandler-directed visuals, where she kills her sexual abuser after he rapes her. The group argued that murder was the wrong message to send to her young audience, but RiRi is standing by her art.

“I’m a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What’s up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I’m just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!” tweeted RiRi, a victim of abuse herself. “Cuz we all know how difficult/embarrassing it is to communicate touchy subject matters to anyone especially our parents!”

She believes it is the parents’ job to raise their kids and not the entertainment industry. “And this is why! Cuz we turn the other cheek! U can’t hide your kids from society,or they’ll never learn how to adapt! This is the REAL WORLD!” she added. “The music industry isn’t exactly Parents R Us! We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US.”

YES! Rihanna

SPEAK IT ! I'm loving this girl more and more

Archived