Michael Jordan is still the greatest basketball player of all time!

art

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eye level? No. All he's starring at is Michael Jordan's kneecaps.

It's not that serious. :mellow: I don't have an issue with Kobe Bryant at all.

And so what if he has 5 rings? Robert Horry has 7 rings.

I don't think Kobe is a legitimate option. AT ALL.

Hell, even my Dirk have surpassed him.

I get wound up when discussing this topic, no personal disrespect, I dig you as a poster

:asham:

Yeah you do girl, don't play :rolleyes:

Stop it, Robert Horry wasn't the MVP caliber franchise player on any of his winning teams :lol:

Oh well, we'll agree to disagree.

Dirk? NOwitzki. He hasn't. What are you puffin' on, mama? :lmao:

Where exactly in that sentence was I being a 'smart ass'? What, because I said I was already aware of what you were telling me? :lol:

And..how is anyone attaching him? :blink: This is a discussion. I have every right to speak on someone who is on the opposing side. You act like I'm completely out of line,like I shot personal attacks at him or something. :wacko:

Bitch you were getting smart and you know it. :rolleyes: And people are indeed attacking his opinion. If they weren't it wouldn't be making news.

But you're right, this is a discussion. And if I want to co-sign something I will. It doesn't matter if you are "aware" of it. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

This is another statement seemingly based off a personal opinion of him. I don't

see "overreacted and overhyped", and I think he does indeed belong in the discussion,

I think Kobe IS indeed a comparable player to your "ICON" . . . and thank goodness I'm

not the only one who thinks so. Again, the only ones so dead-set against it are hardcore

Michael Jordan fans. The cold, hard truth is that MICHAEL IS RETIRED! Somebody WILL come

along and re-write history, they'll take his spot as the best of all time. His fans know

this, but weren't expecting someone to come along and do it so quickly after MH's era.

Hence the reason why all of y'all fell threatened by Kobe. I'm a fan of the NBA, and in my

opinion, no player is bigger than the NBA -- the league still runs when a player retires.

I can sit here, taking personal bias away and tell you like it is, without obvious favoritism

in full view. But die-hard Jordan fans can't. Kobe is [this close] to accomplishing more than

Michael did, and he's STILL GOT TIME TO DO SO, while MIKE CAN'T because he's GONE! That's why

y'all wanted the Lakers to LOSE so that KOBE WOULDN'T GET HIS 6TH RING to tie your "KING" :lmao:

:mellow:

I don't have any personal issues with Kobe Bryant. Put your claws down! If you want to engage in a conversation then you need to stop acting oversensitive about certain comments made in here.

YOU don't see Kobe as "overhyped and overrated" but PLENTY of people and critics do. Again, this has nothing to do with personal bias AT ALL. Hell, my team SHAT on the Lakers 4-0 but I still see Kobe as a great and prolific scorer but I also can see past the glitz and hype.

I'm not here for your assumptions and generalizations regarding Michael Jordan fans. Yes, Michael Jordan is retired but that doesn't mean his accomplishments and NATURALLY gifted talent as a basketball player is down the drain. His talent is forever embedded in the minds of people that witnessed him. That's like saying Michael Jackson is no longer the KING of POP because he's dead. NO. It doesn't work that way.

and NO basketball player has came along and "re-wrote" history. GTFOH! :lmao:

I wanted the Mavericks to win because they're my favorite team and that has nothing to do with Kobe and the Lakers on a personal level. Even if Kobe did win his 6th ring that doesn't mean he's on "eye level" with Michael Jordan. Get real! Beyonce has surpassed Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and several icons in Grammy wins so does that make her a better artist and entertainer? or even at eye level? NO.

Michael Jordan >>>>>>>>> Old%252520Kobe_sm.jpg

You're going to have to deal.

Bitch you were getting smart and you know it. :rolleyes: And people are indeed attacking his opinion. If they weren't it wouldn't be making news.

But you're right, this is a discussion. And if I want to co-sign something I will. It doesn't matter if you are "aware" of it. :rolleyes:

Only YOU are making it news! :lmao: The fact that were still talking about it is because of YOU. Yeah ..thank you.

You can co-sign all day,I'm not oblivious to the fact that everyone is not gonna agree with Art and I. I just really didn't see your point in tryna convey something that was common knowledge. You was on some random-kissing ass type shit. I dunno ..just weird. :umm:

Only YOU are making it news! :lmao: The fact that were still talking about it is because of YOU. Yeah ..thank you.

You can co-sign all day,I'm not oblivious to the fact that everyone is not gonna agree with Art and I. I just really didn't see your point in tryna convey something that was common knowledge. You was on some random-kissing ass type shit. I dunno ..just weird. :umm:

How am I making it news, when the shit has been in the news since he said it? Its the reason for this thread :mellow:

And I'm not kissing anyones ass. I never even said I agreed with the statement that he made. By the way I don't. But at the end of the day, He's entitled to his opinion.

Before I open my mouth and make myself look a fool, what are his stats?

Also, he's the most overrated player and the word "greatest" is subjective.

How are you going to come in here ask for his stats but follow up with "he's the most overrated player"?

30ikpwg_jpg-vi.gif

I get wound up when discussing this topic, no personal disrespect, I dig you as a poster

:asham:

Yeah you do girl, don't play :rolleyes:

Stop it, Robert Horry wasn't the MVP caliber franchise player on any of his winning teams :lol:

Oh well, we'll agree to disagree.

Dirk? NOwitzki. He hasn't. What are you puffin' on, mama? :lmao:

I don't. You're just bothered by my opinion. :coffee:

And? you brought up Kobe having 5 rings and I brought up Robert Horry having 7. :coffee:

Yes, Dirk!

Mavs-Sweep-Lakers.jpg

Did I stutter?

How am I making it news, when the shit has been in the news since he said it? Its the reason for this thread :mellow:

And I'm not kissing anyones ass. I never even said I agreed with the statement that he made. By the way I don't. But at the end of the day, He's entitled to his opinion.

As we ALL are..so whats your trip about lil one? :lol:

I don't have any personal issues with Kobe Bryant. Put your claws down! If you want to engage in a conversation then you need to stop acting oversensitive about certain comments made in here.

YOU don't see Kobe as "overhyped and overrated" but PLENTY of people and critics do. Again, this has nothing to do with personal bias AT ALL. Hell, my team SHAT on the Lakers 4-0 but I still see Kobe as a great and prolific scorer but I also can see passed the glitz and hype.

I'm not here for your assumptions and generalizations. Yes, Michael Jordan is retired but that doesn't mean his accomplishments and NATURALLY gifted talent as a basketball player is down the drain. His talent is forever embedded in the minds of people that witnessed him. That's like saying Michael Jackson is no longer the KING of POP because he's dead. NO. It doesn't work that way.

and NO basketball player has came along and "re-wrote" history. GTFOH! :lmao:

I wanted the Mavericks to win because they're my favorite team and that has nothing to do with Kobe and the Lakers on a personal level. Even if Kobe did win his 6th ring that doesn't mean he's on "eye level" with Michael Jordan. Get real! Beyonce has surpassed Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and several icons in Grammy wins so does that make her a better artist and entertainer? NO.

Michael Jordan >>>>>>>>> Old%252520Kobe_sm.jpg

You're going to have to deal.

:lol: Apparently my passion for debating this topic has been misunderstood as something else . . .

I'm actually not arguing with you because I'm not trying to change your mind about anything.

To be honest, your above comment is filled with much more "oversensitive" commentary than anything I've posted :lol:

Not trying to be an ass, just being real.

I could say the same thing: YOU see Kobe as "overhyped and overrated" . . . "PLENTY of people and critics" may see things your way, but I'm sure JUST as many "people and critics" see things my way too. So . . . :blink:

All of what you said is subjective. Kobe's talent is forever embedded in the minds of people that witnessed him also. So . . . :blink:

Just because someone earns a title, such as "The King Of Pop" -- it doesn't mean that someone else can't come along and eclipse the original. C'mon now.

Just to clarify: when I said "re-write history" I was simply talking about the history that Michael Jordan made, his records/achievements and such. You know what I meant, tryin' be a smart Alek <_<^_^

Believe it or not, I want the Mavericks to win too, after the Knicks (my favorite team) and the Lakers they were my next choice. But . . . when was that ever discussed? Nothing I said in regards to this conversation had anything to do with the Mavericks :umm:

I think Kobe and Mike are eye-level. And I can deal with that. For now. But at the end of Kobe's career, I'm sure he'll have surpassed Michael :D Just my opinion.

The very way I just did at 6:01 PM EST. Now either answer the question, or stay off my quote button.

I'm not here for people that don't know shit about basketball trying to give their 2 unneeded coins so stay out of my thread.

Younger folks always wanna discredit history because their favs are in this current generation. You see it with music ALL THE TIME.

See, this is something I don't agree with either. In fact, in this situation -- I think it's the other way around. Certain fans of a certain player are worried because that certain player can't pad their accomplishments and add to their legacy. So they discredit another certain player who is inching closer and closer to aforementioned player's accomplishments who still has time to add to their own legacy which could eclipse the aforementioned player.

B)

I'm not here for people that don't know shit about basketball trying to give their 2 unneeded coins so stay out of my thread.

Nobody asked you what you were here for, nor does anyone care. It's not smart to volunteer information.

Also, me asking about Michael Jordan's stats does not entail me knowing "shit about basketball". You don't know what I know, therefore it's best that you speak on what you know to avoid making yourself look a fool.

That said, I don't follow Michael Jordan, despite me growing up in his prime. I only follow California sports teams for the obvious reason. I know Kobe's basic stats, and speaking on the FACTS, Kobe IS on the heels of MJ despite how many times you hit the "Add Reply" button. ESPN has pointed this out SEVERAL times. Even during this playoffs, ESPN compared MJ's point history to other players and they ARE on his heels.

And you're the messiah of NBA knowledge?

You're discrediting other people's knowledge of a game that they love and play themselves...

just because they don't share your personal opinion on a who-is-better basketball debate? :lol: Okay, miss.

:lol: Apparently my passion for debating this topic has been misunderstood as something else . . .

I'm actually not arguing with you because I'm not trying to change your mind about anything.

To be honest, your above comment is filled with much more "oversensitive" commentary than anything I've posted :lol:

Not trying to be an ass, just being real.

I could say the same thing: YOU see Kobe as "overhyped and overrated" . . . "PLENTY of people and critics" may see things your way, but I'm sure JUST as many "people and critics" see things my way too. So . . . :blink:

All of what you said is subjective. Kobe's talent is forever embedded in the minds of people that witnessed him also. So . . . :blink:

Just because someone earns a title, such as "The King Of Pop" -- it doesn't mean that someone else can't come along and eclipse the original. C'mon now.

Just to clarify: when I said "re-write history" I was simply talking about the history that Michael Jordan made, his records/achievements and such. You know what I meant, tryin' be a smart Alek <_<^_^

Believe it or not, I want the Mavericks to win too, after the Knicks (my favorite team) and the Lakers they were my next choice. But . . . when was that ever discussed? Nothing I said in regards to this conversation had anything to do with the Mavericks :umm:

I think Kobe and Mike are eye-level. And I can deal with that. For now. But at the end of Kobe's career, I'm sure he'll have surpassed Michael :D Just my opinion.

I was just responding to you generalizing Michael Jordan's fans and I'm the "oversensitive" one? Too funny. :lol:

I never denied that people see things the way you do so what's your point?

It doesn't live up to Michael Jordan's.

and once again, if you want to engage in a conversation you're going to have to get tougher skin and not feel the need to state how "subjective" this is in every sentence.

I never said that it's impossible for people to come along and eclipse the original. I brought up Michael Jackson because none of his carbon copies have surpassed him. The same goes for Michael Jordan. BTW, I'm not just speaking on his achievements and records. I'm speaking as an overall player.

I brought up the Mavericks because you were going off on your little rant about me and others on here wanting the Lakers to lose because we don't want him to "surpass" Michael Jordan. :wacko:

Kobe and Mike aren't on eye level and I guess if I go by your thinking.... Robert Horry surpassed Michael Jordan years ago. :wacko:

And you're the messiah of NBA knowledge?

You're discrediting other people's knowledge of a game that they play...just because they don't share your

personal opinion on a who-is-better basketball debate? :lol: Okay, miss.

I never stated that I was "the messiah of NBA knowledge". :lol: Don't put words in my mouth.

I said what I said because he felt the need to come in here and ask for MJ's stats. :asham:

Nobody asked you what you were here for, nor does anyone care. It's not smart to volunteer information.

Also, me asking about Michael Jordan's stats does not entail me knowing "shit about basketball". You don't know what I know, therefore it's best that you speak on what you know to avoid making yourself look a fool.

That said, I don't follow Michael Jordan, despite me growing up in his prime. I only follow California sports teams for the obvious reason. I know Kobe's basic stats, and speaking on the FACTS, Kobe IS on the heels of MJ despite how many times you hit the "Add Reply" button. ESPN has pointed this out SEVERAL times. Even during this playoffs, ESPN compared MJ's point history to other players and they ARE on his heels.

Speak for yourself.

You've already accomplished this.

Once again, I NEVER denied that Kobe's stats are close to Michael Jordan's. Reading is fundamental, ya know? Besides Kobe has been playing for only one year less than Jordan did. But what I've been saying in here to Lyrical is that Stats =/= Greatest of all time. What makes Michael Jordan the greatest isn't just his stats...

I was just responding to you generalizing Michael Jordan's fans and I'm the "oversensitive" one? Too funny. :lol:

I never denied that people see things the way you do so what's your point?

It doesn't live up to Michael Jordan's.

and once again, if you want to engage in a conversation you're going to have to get tougher skin and not feel the need to state how "subjective" this is in every sentence.

I never said that it's impossible for people to come along and eclipse the original. I brought up Michael Jackson because none of his carbon copies have surpassed him. The same goes for Michael Jordan. BTW, I'm not just speaking on his achievements and records. I'm speaking as an overall player.

I brought up the Mavericks because you were going off on your little rant about me and others on here wanting the Lakers to lose because we don't want him to "surpass" Michael Jordan. :wacko:

Kobe and Mike aren't on eye level and I guess if I go by your thinking.... Robert Horry surpassed Michael Jordan years ago. :wacko:

Get your facts straight Art. I never mentioned "you or others on here" when I made the comment about wanting the Lakers to lose. If you re-read it, you'll see that I was referring to HARDCORE MICHAEL JORDAN FANS.

:sigh: I went out of my way to NOT personally offend anyone or drop names, I was commenting on what I hear from the man's fans as a whole on the ESPN NBA message boards.

Honestly Art, you're too much for me in here :lol: You're a little too argumentative and slightly vicious (perfect for the bedroom, but not so much on here) :lol: that's not my style. This ain't no courtroom, mama. Chill. ^_^

Again -- We'll agree to disagree. I wasn't trying to combat your opinion. Just offered my own. Isn't that what you're supposed to do on a message board? :umm:

Speak for yourself.

You've already accomplished this.

Once again, I NEVER denied that Kobe's stats are close to Michael Jordan's. Reading is fundamental, ya know? Besides Kobe has been playing for only one year less than Jordan did. But what I've been saying in here to Lyrical is that Stats =/= Greatest of all time. What makes Michael Jordan the greatest isn't just his stats...

I'm speaking for you too. Leave the extraneous information at the door. I didn't ask for it, nor do I care.

The fact that I asked for MJ's stats before I opened my mouth invalidates your rebuttal. DOWNE.

Stats are part of what make a basketball player great. I'm not sure if you have the ability to see past the superficiality of stats, but I have an extra thinking cap if you need it.

Archived