Michael Jordan is still the greatest basketball player of all time!

art

Get your facts straight Art. I NEVER mentioned "you or others on here" when I made the comment about wanting the Lakers to lose. If you re-read it, you'll see that I was referring to HARDCORE MICHAEL JORDAN FANS.

:sigh: I went out of my way to NOT personally offend anyone or drop names, I was commenting on what I hear from the man's fans as a whole on the ESPN NBA message boards.

Honestly Art, you're too much for me in here :lol: You're a little too argumentative and slightly vicious (perfect for the bedroom, but not so much on here) :lol: that's not my style. This ain't no courtroom, mama. Chill. ^_^

Again -- We'll agree to disagree. I wasn't trying to combat your opinion. Just offered my own. Isn't that what you're supposed to do on a message board? :umm:

This is what you said:

That's why y'all wanted the Lakers to LOSE so that KOBE WOULDN'T GET HIS 6TH RING to tie your "KING"

Your words, not mine.

and you were generalizing his fans based off what you read on a sport message board? Cute. :asham:

Oh so I'm "too argumentative" now though your font was the same just a page ago? Okay. :asham:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what you said:

Your words, not mine.

and you were generalizing his fans based off what you read on a sport message board? Cute. :asham:

Oh so I'm "too argumentative" now though your font was the same just a page ago? Okay. :asham:

Touche, I guess I did say that. You're right, My bad.

>_<

Yeah, you are too argumentative :lol: You attack other people's opinions, just a tad too viciously.

It transcends "conversation", on it's way to "arguing" on your end when clearly from previous posts you can tell that I'm not.

But it's all good, it's part of the reason why I like your posts on here in some cases.

We just disagree this time.

I do still think that Kobe is neck and neck with Mike. And I do know my basketball. :D

This is what you said:

Your words, not mine.

Where are you getting your information about "people and critics" sharing your thoughts about Kobe?

My findings about my comments on Jordan just included but are not limited to the ESPN message board.

If you wanna get ill with it, the reason why I posted about the ESPN message board is because I literally

JUST discussed this same topic there yesterday, with hundreds of people all across the U.S. Pretty legit means of getting a generalized opinion if you ask me. :lol:

Also unfortunately, the bulk of my family are hardcore MJ and Bulls fans, and I have to hear their bullshit errday.

So I draw on things I heard there too. They all say pretty much the same thing. And it seems like you do too. Just saying.

I'm speaking for you too. Leave the extraneous information at the door. I didn't ask for it, nor do I care.

The fact that I asked for MJ's stats before I opened my mouth invalidates your rebuttal. DOWNE.

Stats are part of what make a basketball player great. I'm not sure if you have the ability to see past the superficiality of stats, but I have an extra thinking cap if you need it.

I don't care what you asked or didn't ask for, hun. :asham: Your opinion in here doesn't matter to me. Hell, you could've done yourself a favor and not respond in here at all.

I'm aware that stats do play a part hence why I'm speaking about MJ as an overall player, not specifically about his stats and accomplishments.

Thanks for trying, though.

a9xw1d.gif

Touche, I guess I did say that. You're right, My bad.

>_<

Yeah, you are too argumentative :lol: You attack other people's opinions, just a tad too viciously.

It transcends "conversation", on it's way to "arguing" on your end when clearly from previous posts you can tell that I'm not.

But it's all good, it's part of the reason why I like your posts on here in some cases.

We just disagree this time.

I do still think that Kobe is neck and neck with Mike. And I do know my basketball. :D

Where did I attack someone in here for their opinion? :lol: I responded to your posts but you took that as me attacking you? :asham: Again, you need tougher skin if you want to engage in these type of conversations.

and in no way was I trying to argue with you. If I do recall correctly YOU were the one that started assuming things about me and generalizing MJ fans as a whole based off your experiences. YOU were the one that claimed that I had a personal bias against Kobe from the jump. So if you feel that I was argumentative in anyway - you're the one that caused it.

Younger folks always wanna discredit history because their favs are in this current generation. You see it with music ALL THE TIME.

I MEAN I THINK D.WADE IS DA MAN...BUT C'MON SON...NAH THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JORDAN JUST LIKE THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON OR OPRAH, AND I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE LIVED DURING THE TIME THESE PEOPLE GRACED THIS EARTH WITH THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS

Where did I attack someone in here for their opinion? :lol: I responded to your posts but you took that as me attacking you? :asham: Again, you need tougher skin if you want to engage in these type of conversations.

and in no way was I trying to argue with you. If I do recall correctly YOU were the one that started assuming things about me and generalizing MJ fans as a whole based off your experiences. YOU were the one that claimed that I had a personal bias against Kobe from the jump. So if you feel that I was argumentative in anyway - you're the one that caused it.

:sigh::lmao:

Okay Art. You win. I'll go and find you a gold star :good:

I MEAN I THINK D.WADE IS DA MAN...BUT C'MON SON...NAH THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JORDAN JUST LIKE THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON OR OPRAH, AND I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE LIVED DURING THE TIME THESE PEOPLE GRACED THIS EARTH WITH THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS

I think it's unfair, unwise and a little wacky to all the young kids coming up, and future superstars who haven't even been born or conceived yet to say that none of them will ever be as good as or -- God forbid -- BETTER than Michael. It's a problem I've had with Michael Jordan aficionados, most believe Mike is untouchable. It's insane, really.

I think it's unfair, unwise and a little wacky to all the young kids coming up, and future superstars who haven't even been born or conceived yet to say that none of them will ever be as good as or -- God forbid -- BETTER than Michael. It's a problem I've had with Michael Jordan aficionados, most believe Mike is untouchable. It's insane, really.

IN CASE NOBODY HAVENT TOLD YOU...LIFE ISNT FAIR HOMEBOY...IAND I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYONE BETTER...WHAT I SAID WAS THAT THERE ISN'T ANYONE BETTER

WOW! Thats what I say ALL THE TIME. I dont think we really sit down and think about how we are living during some GREAT GREAT moments in history.

I like Kobe, but MJ's way better than Kobe (on AND off the court). They both hogged the ball a lot but unlike Kobe, Mike was a leader and listener. Even Phil Jackson (who coached both Mike and Kobe) has stated that folks need to stop trying to compare Kobe to Mike :lol:

I like Kobe, but MJ's way better than Kobe (on AND off the court). They both hogged the ball a lot but unlike Kobe, Mike was a leader and listener. Even Phil Jackson (who coached both Mike and MJ) has stated that folks need to stop trying to compare Kobe to Mike :lol:

So he coached Michael Jackson and Micheal Jordan...interesting ^_^

IN CASE NOBODY HAVENT TOLD YOU...LIFE ISNT FAIR HOMEBOY...IAND I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYONE BETTER...WHAT I SAID WAS THAT THERE ISN'T ANYONE BETTER

Life's been pretty fair for me thus far

:lol:

Yeah, I saw what you said. I've just seen others say that he is and will always be the best,

I probably shouldn't have quoted what you said, but it just reminded me of what I wanted to

post earlier. I think there are quite a few current players who could very well end their career

ahead of Michael. But that's just me.

I like Kobe, but MJ's way better than Kobe (on AND off the court). They both hogged the ball a lot but unlike Kobe, Mike was a leader and listener. Even Phil Jackson (who coached both Mike and Kobe) has stated that folks need to stop trying to compare Kobe to Mike :lol:

:yep::clapping:

Sorry...I didn't mean the WNBA *edits M. Jackson out* -_-

214nvw4.gif

:rolleyes:

This is another statement seemingly based off a personal opinion of him. I don't

see "overreacted and overhyped", and I think he does indeed belong in the discussion,

I think Kobe IS indeed a comparable player to your "ICON" . . . and thank goodness I'm

not the only one who thinks so. Again, the only ones so dead-set against it are hardcore

Michael Jordan fans. The cold, hard truth is that MICHAEL IS RETIRED! Somebody WILL come

along and re-write history, they'll take his spot as the best of all time. His fans know

this, but weren't expecting someone to come along challenge him so quickly after MJ's era.

Hence the reason why all of y'all feel threatened by Kobe. I'm a fan of the NBA, and in my

opinion, no player is bigger than the NBA -- the league still runs when a player retires.

I can sit here, taking personal bias away and tell you like it is, without obvious favoritism

in full view. But die-hard Jordan fans can't. Kobe is [this close] to accomplishing more than

Michael did, and he's STILL GOT TIME TO DO SO, while MIKE CAN'T because he's GONE! That's why

y'all wanted the Lakers to LOSE so that KOBE WOULDN'T GET HIS 6TH RING to tie your "KING" :lmao:

keyword: WILL, but hasnt yet so there doesnt even need to be a discussion about who might, or who yall think, until it happens MJ is the only one that matters retired or not

keyword: WILL, but hasnt yet so there doesnt even need to be a discussion about who might, or who yall think, until it happens MJ is the only one that matters retired or not

But will Michael Jordan aficionados ADMIT it if it happens? Or will they try to bullshit their way around it? ^_^

I still stand by my selection, I (and many others) believe that Kobe is right there with him.

Archived