ARE ARTISTS TRULY "ARTIST"???

janetDAYZ

You know..when you think about all the glitz that come with the territory (money,popularity,access,etc) you would think the LEAST an "artist" could do is give you a DECENT VOCAL. It was so many flawed voices last nite it didnt make NO DAMN SENSE! Everything was truly smoke & mirrors. Its embarrassing on their behalf -to say the least. What boggles me is that you all are suppose to be "professional" singers. Where exactly is the professionalism? *looks a around*. Im stunned at the fact it was more weak vocals than strong vocals. Have we gotten to a point to where what we visually see completely overrides what should be massaging our ears? After they're done performing its like they walk off stage with no care in the world. :blink:WHAT.IN.THE.FUCK.IS.GOING.ON.WITH.THE.ARTISTS????? Why are we steady subjected to this shit? Im embarrassed for the industry at this point.

I completely agree.

This was my exact reaction to last night. I'm sure Pink was decent, I didn't see hers, but mostly everyone else was just ugh. Like I said in the AMA thread, it really made me miss Beyonce. Like is it too much to ask for some actual choreography and a good vocal? :unsure:

Well my issue isnt about success or not because we know life is unfair..my issue is ppl who cant duplicate their vocals from their record on stage to say their fucking lives!!

I always said If I was an artists I WOULD NOT record a song and have all these ridiculous notes that I know I cant do live because It took me 100 takes to get it rite on record. :blink:

I GUESS LADY GAGA IS RIGHT AFTER ALL...ART IS A LIE

lawd :rolleyes:

Well it seems the recording companies aren't to concerned with "art". It's all about making money and pleasing the fans. If we had artists like Janhova, Magdalene, Prince, Mike, etc. then it wouldn't be a problem. Most of these "artists" today rely on the aforementioned groundwork. They don't have originality and they do what they can to sell their product. If it calls for stealing songs, lack of vocal ability and performance skills to do what they have to do, then so be it. It's nothing that we can do but either don't listen to them or appreciate what they are doing.

I completely agree.

This was my exact reaction to last night. I'm sure Pink was decent, I didn't see hers, but mostly everyone else was just ugh. Like I said in the AMA thread, it really made me miss Beyonce. Like is it too much to ask for some actual choreography and a good vocal? :unsure:

RIGHT!!! Its sad when we have to rely on one or two artists to give us what they ALL should be giving us. Just one decent vocal..please!..I beg of you!

Well it seems the recording companies aren't to concerned with "art". It's all about making money and pleasing the fans. If we had artists like Janhova, Magdalene, Prince, Mike, etc. then it wouldn't be a problem. Most of these "artists" today rely on the aforementioned groundwork. They don't have originality and they do what they can to sell their product. If it calls for stealing songs, lack of vocal ability and performance skills to do what they have to do, then so be it. It's nothing that we can do but either don't listen to them or appreciate what they are doing.

I certainly know its nothing we can do about it becomes it completely embedded in our time. Im just venting because watching last nite reminds me of soooo many other award show where these "singers" have a problem singing.Why do I feel like im watching a televised local talent show.The ONLY indication of it being a "professional" performance is the PRODUCTION. Its like drafting a man to play football for the pros but he cant catch the ball to say his life. Its like ..REALLY??? :blink::mellow:

But if you really break it down the fault falls in the lap of the consumers(public),the seller(label),and the product(artist). THe label convincing us to purchase their product..we buy the product..while the product does just enough to get by. Its a complete domino effect. Long as we keep buying..labels are not caring about quality..thefore the artist is content with their mediocre "skills" -Not tryna perfect it at all. I guess the fault really lies more on us than ANYONE when u look at it like that.

I certainly know its nothing we can do about it becomes it completely embedded in our time. Im just venting because watching last nite reminds me of soooo many other award show where these "singers" have a problem singing.Why do I feel like im watching a televised local talent show.The ONLY indication of it being a "professional" performance is the PRODUCTION. Its like drafting a man to play football for the pros but he cant catch the ball to say his life. Its like ..REALLY??? :blink::mellow:

But if you really break it down the fault falls in the lap of the consumers(public),the seller(label),and the product(artist). THe label convincing us to purchase their product..we buy the product..while the product does just enough to get by. Its a complete domino effect. Long as we keep buying..labels are not caring about quality..thefore the artist is content with their mediocre "skills" -Not tryna perfect it at all. I guess the fault really lies more on us than ANYONE when u look at it like that.

:yep:

I'd be a fool to say that Rihallah is the greatest performer..I love her!! I truly do..but she needs to work on her performance skills and have a little more vocal training. I do love that she has a "unique" voice and it's distinct from the other gals. But her fans and the buying public buys her stuff..they go to her tour..so yes, it does fall on us because the record companies are trying to make a profit. If they really felt that this person didn't have the goods to at least try to sing, then their ass would be in a different profession.

These award shows are getting worse and worse as the years go by. That's why it's so refreshing when I see a real artist like Janelle Monáe. She can sing, dance, and write music all really well... she's the whole package. B)

Its funny cause when you think of the 90s award show and now ..there's been an exchange. The singing and decent vocal was present in award shows back then but the production side is far more greater NOW while the vocal side has went tremendously down

Its funny cause when you think of the 90s award show and now ..there's been an exchange. The singing and decent vocal was present in award shows back then but the production side is far more greater NOW while the vocal side has went tremendously down

Yeah good point. I thought for example Ke$ha's performance was the best out of Rihanna's hers and Katy's and she had the least setup, she had the funky helmet on in the beginning but it was mainly her and her dancers, she sounded good and it was a good performance. The others really relied on the set and props and stuff to distract that not much else was going on. And Katy, a choir full of children can't cover up your shitty voice -_-

You know..when you think about all the glitz that come with the territory (money,popularity,access,etc) you would think the LEAST an "artist" could do is give you a DECENT VOCAL. It was so many flawed voices last nite it didnt make NO DAMN SENSE! Everything was truly smoke & mirrors. Its embarrassing on their behalf -to say the least. What boggles me is that you all are suppose to be "professional" singers. Where exactly is the professionalism? *looks a around*. Im stunned at the fact it was more weak vocals than strong vocals. Have we gotten to a point to where what we visually see completely overrides what should be massaging our ears? After they're done performing its like they walk off stage with no care in the world. :blink:WHAT.IN.THE.FUCK.IS.GOING.ON.WITH.THE.ARTISTS????? Why are we steady subjected to this shit? Im embarrassed for the industry at this point.

Because the industry has become more focused on imagery rather than talent. It helps to explain why record labels are submitting shit like "Tik Tok" for Record of the Year.

Talent comes before everything, well at least for those who have it. Those whose careers are based in image usually have short lived careers. The same people who think image is most important are the same people who complain about Beyonce having 16 Grammys.

I see where you're coming from but let's be real - nobody's listening to Pop music to hear some good vocals. The majority of Pop singers are mediocre singers that are buried under top production from some of the best producers in the industry today. So yes, it's truly smokes & mirrors but people happen to be attracted to that. Don't get me wrong, some of my favorite artists aren't what you may consider "powerhouse" singers but they have their niche where they disguise it pretty well. Remember when the meek singers did a good job covering it up with top production performances and amazing dancing? These days we got bitches walking back and forth on stage in fucking heels like they're Aretha Franklin or some BS. Mumble, mumble, mumble, struts off stage. The sad thing is that there fans/stans/underdog worshipers that cheer these people on. The standards are just getting lower and lower with each generation. Next thing, we'll see people getting standing ovations for sitting in chairs and singing in sign language :lmao:

One of my biggest issue is artists that put out pop/dance music AND CAN'T FUCKIN DANCE OR PERFORM TO SAVE THEIR LIVES! If you guys would only know how that shit irks me lol...now i'm not saying dance like MJ, Janet, Tina etc...but have some stage presence for goodness sakes...i've always said that Madonna's ass can't dance, she does yoga lol...but she put on a fuckin show!!! If you are going to release pop/dance music, be able to perform the fuckin music you put out.....ugh, I can go on about this shit, but my tendinitis is acting up in my right wrist and i'm not suppose to be using the wrist for at least 8 days according to my doctor...at least my wrist support and my sling look nice

:yep:

I'd be a fool to say that Rihallah is the greatest performer..I love her!! I truly do..but she needs to work on her performance skills and have a little more vocal training. I do love that she has a "unique" voice and it's distinct from the other gals. But her fans and the buying public buys her stuff..they go to her tour..so yes, it does fall on us because the record companies are trying to make a profit. If they really felt that this person didn't have the goods to at least try to sing, then their ass would be in a different profession.

I've never had a DIRECT problem with Rihanna (like most do on this forum). Only because I understand that every artist has their own lane so I dont expect certain things from certain artists. I think maybe why so many have a problem with Rihanna is because -YES her voice is sooo unique and different sounding..its hard for ppl to adjust to what they're not use to. I DO think Rihanna can sing as oppose to a Ciara(but then again Ciara has her own lane tho like everyone else) but Rihanna's singing could use a lil room for improvement. All she has to do it get more training and she will get respected like what you said but what DOES concern me with Rihanna (and alot of questionable singers) is what she does vocally....is it impressive to herself? Is she truly satisfied with her vocal on performanc when she looks at the play-backs? Do they even look at playbacks? And if she DOES think its good..thats the scary part because you are suppose to be ur own worst critic and not sit in the "content seat" because you simply getting made millions. Perfect your craft..you have a legacy to bulid.Ppl will not remember how much wealth u had....but what you contributed to the world through art.