ARE ARTISTS TRULY "ARTIST"???

janetDAYZ

the whole shade of this thread is being thrown at Rihanna for what I dont know why? if the white girls do it it's ok but the black girl do it something is wrong :wtf: stop hating

first you guys griped about her not dancing she danced last night now you wanna talk

Britney dont even sing live and you guys give her a pass you people are so bias it kills me

Katy Perry was horrible last night no one is saying anything about that

I can make a list of white Bitches

that sound worst than Rihanna and you guys dont talk about that

stop checking her thread and listening to her music then she will go away until then grip in this thread

this thread is Bull Shit

I can't believe you're accusing a bunch of Janet Jackson stans of being racist. :lol:

There's a difference with Beyonce and Gaga. I think both of them understand that it's not possible to be completely original because, let's be honest, Janet, Mike, and Madonna did it all. EVERYTHING being done today can be traced back to something one of them has already done. Beyonce and Gaga understand that it's about regurgitating and re-presenting your product. Just look at Beyonce with "Single Ladies". She took a 60s video and modernized it. With Gaga, yes she has taken notes from Madonna's handbook, as well as Grace Jones and that other person, and she has taken it to another level. Madonna has never really been as bold and daring with her presentation as Gaga is. So there's definitely a difference.

I bet GaGa doesn't have the CAJONES to do something like Erotica or the SEX book.

I know, totally irrelevant to your point, but I had to nit-pick that part at the end.

Gaga can come off contrived imo. I don't know why she finds it necessary to wear half of the appliances section as Sears at events that don't call for it like tea parties and what not. She has raw talent, but she hasn't demonstrated it. It's almost as if her props and costumes are wearing her rather than the other way around.

She is contrived, but she has the talent to back it up and has definitely demonstrated it.

I'm not even a "vocalist gay," it always annoys me when people judge singers based PURELY on the strength of their voices. But I completely agree with you. It is what I was thinking earlier today, in fact--everyone sounded like shit last night. Rihanna was very entertaining and good by her standards, but why do I have to qualify that compliment? Shouldn't she just sound good all the time? Why is Taylor Swift's voice so painfully thin? You think Janet's voice is thin, lmfao she has nothing on Tay-Tay. And at least Janet can sing on-key. That was the biggest disappointment of the show. Even the better voices were pitchy and grating. Ugh.

You wanna know what really grinds my gears?!?! :excited::coffee:

As far as Im concered..that wasnt my argument. I was merely saying be consistant in ur own realm. Great that you brought up Janet. She doesnt have the biggest voice but I've never heard her hit a sour note becuz she knows her limitations. These other artists dont seem to know when they hit a fucked up note. (or simply dont care)

the whole shade of this thread is being thrown at Rihanna for what I dont know why? if the white girls do it it's ok but the black girl do it something is wrong :wtf: stop hating

first you guys griped about her not dancing she danced last night now you wanna talk

Britney dont even sing live and you guys give her a pass you people are so bias it kills me

stop checking her thread and listening to her music then she will go away until then grip in this thread

this thread is Bull Shit

BullShit.jpg

This has NOTHING to do with race. People went on and on about Katy and Taylor from last night.

But see thats the thing..Im not even saying that a singer has to have a POWERHOUSE voice cuz like I said before everyone has their own abilities that attract a certain audience. Im just saying you are getting paid aLLLLLLL this money the least you can do is ACT like you give a fuck and BE consistant (voicewise). For the once who arent powerhouse vocalIists..at least sing well within ur limitations....but they cant even sustain that! :mellow::mellow: AND THATS WHAT BOTHERS ME!!!Your signature is this lil,teeny,tiny voice but you cant even replicate that LIVE?!?!?!?!?!? :blink::mellow::blink:

SOMETHING.IS.FUCKING.WRONG!!!!!

I agree, but as I said already the bar is just getting lower with each generation. -_- We're running out of natural talents. :coffee:

Beyonce to Britney

Rihanna to Taylor

As far as these two comparisons:

Bey gets way more praise than Britney.

Both Rihanna and Taylor are very vocally challenged, but Taylor gets praised mostly for writing, producing and playing instruments. Her songs aren't typical pop songs that anyone can do...they're about HER life and what SHE's been and going through. That's why she'll get more praise than Rihanna...#noshade

this whole thread started as shade towards Rihanna so dont do it

Its obvious that you're caught in ur feelings. This thread was not created to ATTACK Rihanna (she does not make up the whole industry). This was based off of pure observation from my viewing of the AMAs last night. In the OFFICIAL AMA thread ..I CLEARLY took up for Rihanna by saying "Its a step up from what she usually does" Not to mention I didnt even speak of Rihanna's name until her own STAN (Hotboy) brought her up. Annnnnnd then when she was brought up..once again.. I CLEARLY said "I dont have a problem with Rihanna like most on the board do..I actually think she CAN sing". Now if you have issues with others opinions in this thread take that up with them but dont act like that was my motive behind creating this thread becuz CLEARLY my posts say otherwise.

this thread is Bull Shit

Britney lips her ass off yes, but let's have a look at Britney when she was AROUND Rihanna's age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuHuiWwcJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Qrk3OYn_U

Notice the stage presence? Notice the confidence? Notice the applaud-worthy dancing? Notice the strong delivery? See the difference? Not only can Britney perform circles around Rihanna when she has her shit together, but she was SLAYING Rihanna for filth at a younger age. :mellow:

Rihanna gets the flack she does because she's easily the joke of the industry. She has NO talent whatsoever regardless of what you THINK. She can't even pick up a pen and write her material (I'm not here for being the 5th writer), she can't even put on a decent performance. She's not taken seriously as an artist. She's packaged. To top it all off, according to numerous reports she's a bitch, and really doesn't have a reason to be. She has NO sense of hospitality. Nobody respects her. No legend/icon, to my knowledge, has praised ANY of her work or her "talent". She's an industry puppet. Hell at least Pinocchio got a movie.

I bet GaGa doesn't have the CAJONES to do something like Erotica or the SEX book.

I know, totally irrelevant to your point, but I had to nit-pick that part at the end.

I think at that point Madonna was just getting desperate. :lol: But in terms of Gaga's whole...aurora if you will, Gaga is a bit more dramatic than Madonna. And it was definitely a relevant comment. ;)

Britney lips her ass off yes, but let's have a look at Britney when she was AROUND Rihanna's age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuHuiWwcJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Qrk3OYn_U

Notice the stage presence? Notice the confidence? Notice the applaud-worthy dancing? Notice the strong delivery? See the difference? Not only can Britney perform circles around Rihanna when she has her shit together, but she was SLAYING Rihanna for filth at a younger age. :mellow:

Rihanna gets the flack she does because she's easily the joke of the industry. She has NO talent whatsoever regardless of what you THINK. She can't even pick up a pen and write her material (I'm not here for being the 5th writer), she can't even put on a decent performance. She's not taken seriously as an artist. She's packaged. To top it all off, according to numerous reports she's a bitch, and really doesn't have a reason to be. She has NO sense of hospitality. Nobody respects her. No legend/icon, to my knowledge, has praised ANY of her work or her "talent". She's an industry puppet. Hell at least Pinocchio got a movie.

your whole problem with Rihanna is that she took away some of Beyonce's shine and she didn't have to do half as much just admit it you come into her thread post negative remarks always down play her it clearly show you are pressed and it's funny as hell to be honest :lmao: