The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

it makes a world of difference. :lol:

It really does!! I mean i think the original would have been better if she just released a verson with just meek mill then she comes in singing. Having to wait til over half way thru the song to hear Mariah Carey sing a non chorus on a Mariah Carey single is just crazy smh

My personal ranking of the lead singles... (not counting Xmas singles)

1. Fantasy

2. Dreamlover

3. Emotions

4. Vision of Love

5. Honey

6. Heartbreaker

7. It's Like That

8. Triumphant (Get 'Em)

9. Obsessed

10. Through The Rain

11. Loverboy

12. Touch My Body

Back to "Triumphant," I still prefer the urban version but I love that the dance remix actually includes verses! Smart move appealing to different crowds. ^_^

I hate it.

Hopefully this is not an indication of how the album is gonna sound.

"Obsessed" wasn't indicative of anything else from Memoirs (except "Standing O") so I doubt it.

What exactly are we expecting her to sound like though? Her voice has been deteriorating for years.

Aging alone changes one's voice, not to mention her partying ways, which didn't help at all. I think she sounds fine for the lack of vocal preservation throughout her career.

not the GODDESS.................her vocals has stayed the same 4 decades!!

:yep: stop makin excuses 4 Mimi :coffee:

..................and I thought Obsessed & Touch My Body was shitty.........at least she sang lead and verses on them bitches

oh-hellll-no.gif

Um...........to say I'm disapointed would be a understatement and I don't wanna hear any of the true fan shit, I'm a fairly new fan (since 04) but I'm a fan, got every album, dug up all the remixes and alternate mixes and B-sides and bootleg live tour audios. But....this song I cant....I CAN'T (in the bad way). 1st off, like most of you pointed out HOW IS SHE GON BE FEATURED IN HER OWN DAMN SONG!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! That's some lesser shit. She's too great for this. WHY can't she go R&B without going Hip Hop? YES I like Pop Mariah best, but R&B Mariah works and slays, Hip Hop Mariah (especially post 2000) don't do anything (chart wise or impact wise). If Janet did the same thing Id say it too cause Hip Hop/rap don't work well for either 1 of their images, they SLAY Pop & R&B. But what pisses me off about her making this type of song is....it's so trend following, instead of trend setting, I don't like ma chickas to be following whats hot, I like em to come up with whats hot and have people follow them. And this single.....I don't see it

The Remix is soooooo much better, in EVERY single way, and for those saying her voice changed, it's undenyable, but she shows in the remix that she dont HAVE to whisper (just like Janet don't either), if this was the real version and the 1 with the rappers (and her featured performance) was the remix it'd be SOOOO much better. I'll be playing this version all day tomorrow, but I'll be forgetting that shitty rap version exist.

Sorry Mariah, I'll be waiting on Single #2 but as for this mess....bye girl, You & Brandy both workin ma nerves with these lesser 1st singles bye-girlfast.gif

This lamb is getting his life, I love it... :lmao:

LMAO that scream :lol: amazing how she still has that effect on people :wub:

O/T But GOOD GOD i love that freaking british accent. this is why i can't go to that country, i'd be one big ass filthy whore ._.

My list:

01. Hunnay.

02. Fantasy.

03. Vision of Love.

04. Emotions.

05. Dreamlover.

06. Heartbreaker (the remix toooooooooooo).

07. It's Like Thatchall.

08. Loverboy.

09. Through The Rain.

10. Obsessed.

11. Triumphant.

12. Touch My Titty.

I would like "Triumphant" so much more sans... "rappers."

LMAO that scream :lol: amazing how she still has that effect on people :wub:

O/T But GOOD GOD i love that freaking british accent. this is why i can't go to that country, i'd be one big ass filthy whore ._.

:o

Wait why do you all hate Touch My Body when I STILL listen to it on the reg? Same with Obsessed, I love that song.

Well I can't speak for everybody but with my list

1.Emotions

2.Vision Of Love

3.Fantasy

4.All I Want For Christmas Is You

5.Dream Lover

6.Honey

7.It's Like That

8.Heart breaker

9.Loverboy

10.Through The Rain

11.Touch My Body

12.Obsessed

13.Oh NO Santa

14.Triumphant

What's below that line is what I consider below her quality (PERSONALLY, I know peoples love Heartbreaker and Trhough The Rain), but I'm not really here for anything below that line. But to directly answer your question about those 2 specifically, they arent good in my opinion, and she's just WAY better than them.