The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

You both for the most part described how I feel about it, I listened to it ALOT today and I "like it' but, it's 1 of the weaker songs released, but it's a grower definitely.

I think it doesn't get worse than Triumphant

The song is not catchy... it doesn't have that Mariah thwang to it... I feel it's just a generic track.. Like that song would be a good filler

There's always Easter :unsure: or Good Friday

omg the female host is fucking annoying

She's never heard of Drunk In Love but "likes" Beyonce

She regrets AI bc of the fake drama

She has a record on the album similar to Drunk in Love & Pour It Up.. Called THIRSTY

She has no relevant featured artists on this album except Rodney Jerkins

She has a Christmas movie in the works :umm: & books

SHE WENT INNNNN on Nick in that interview, I did get tired of her moving away from the mic and them having to tell her to move closer to it. But she was really funny, and alllll her stuff about Nick was too funny DEATH @ "Do yall even live in the same house" LOL, but she was cool.

I LOVE/LIVE for everytime shes been talking about Glitter this era, I really do.

• Upvote 1

I think it doesn't get worse than Triumphant

The song is not catchy... it doesn't have that Mariah thwang to it... I feel it's just a generic track.. Like that song would be a good filler

There's always Easter :unsure: or Good Friday

Oh TRUST & Believe Triumphant is the bottom of the barrel in many ways for me & hopefully this era, but this is more in that direction than the other 4 songs inbetween them, at least right now for me anyway

Yea it hasn't HOOKED me like I thought it would, hell that preview of it got me expecting ALOT better. I really do think it's the production for the most part and like how you & Bu perfectly described it don't feel matched right or natural, like it just doesn't complement the song to me. And yea it's a standard album track

True, can't wait for "Bunny Love"

JD looks like a bum

Oh TRUST & Believe Triumphant is the bottom of the barrel in many ways for me & hopefully this era, but this is more in that direction than the other 4 songs inbetween them, at least right now for me anyway

Yea it hasn't HOOKED me like I thought it would, hell that preview of it got me expecting ALOT better. I really do think it's the production for the most part and like how you & Bu perfectly described it don't feel matched right or natural, like it just doesn't complement the song to me. And yea it's a standard album track

True, can't wait for "Bunny Love"

If her album comes with a box of chocolate.. I'm leaving

Yeah.. Bu's right

:lmao:

omg the female host is fucking annoying

She's never heard of Drunk In Love but "likes" Beyonce

She regrets AI bc of the fake drama

She has a record on the album similar to Drunk in Love & Pour It Up

She has no relevant featured artists on this album except Rodney Jerkins

She has a Christmas movie in the works :umm: & books

:crazy:

JD looks like a bum

If her album comes with a box of chocolate.. I'm leaving

Yeah.. Bu's right

:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: YOU BITCH YOU!!!! LOFL, It looked like she said "Ima need someone to move my microphone, YOU on the corner, wanna make a whole $5?" LOL

It better be Godiva Choclates if she does pull that kind of tomfoolery

I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit last night and you know what, Jessica & Roger Rabbit are the cartoon Nick and Mariah, I SEEN IT! LOL :asham:

DEATH @ DJ Envy asking would she consider doing ratchet songs, UM WOW major insult to the last 12yrs, I'm tryin to get her away from ratchet, each of them albums since Butterfly has at least 1 ratchet ass song lol (excluding Glitter I think, I come to realize that was her last mostly pop album, could explain why I love it so.)

• Upvote 1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: YOU BITCH YOU!!!! LOFL, It looked like she said "Ima need someone to move my microphone, YOU on the corner, wanna make a whole $5?" LOL

It better be Godiva Choclates if she does pull that kind of tomfoolery

I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit last night and you know what, tht't Jessica & Roger Rabbit are the cartoon Nick and Mariah, I SEEN IT! LOL :asham:

DEATH @ DJ Envy asking would she consider doing ratchet songs, UM WOW major insult to the last 12yrs, I'm tryin to get her away from ratchet, each of them albums since Butterfly has at least 1 ratchet ass song lol (excluding Glitter I think, I come to realize that was her last mostly pop album, could explain why I love it so.)

The Goddess took all his shit.. I put money that he's sleeping on Mariah's couch :lmao:

I know right.. Their chocolate is good... But I swear, if she pulls a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Golden Ticket charade... I'm walking out...

OMG I always thought Jessica was loosely based of Mariah Carey.

DJ Envy has no idea who Mariah Carey is -_- or what she has done musically... He probably only knows WBT.. Janhova have mercy on his R&B & Soul

I want Janet to come to them.. I don't think she would since a lot of topics would be off limits.. I miss Janet interviews -_-

I'm glad Charlamagne behaved; I was expecting worse from him lol

Mariah always liked Beyoncé; that doesn't mean she has to follow her every single move lol.

Can't wait to hear "Thirsty". When MC does a song people consider "ratchet," there's an air of fun to it. ^_^

I don't blame her for AI. And she really set the record straight during the Elvis Duran interview.

I'll take quality (Nas, Maxwell) over anything else all day any day. I'm here for great music, not chart positions (they're merely bonus at this point)

The Goddess took all his shit.. I put money that he's sleeping on Mariah's couch :lmao:

I know right.. Their chocolate is good... But I swear, if she pulls a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Golden Ticket charade... I'm walking out...

OMG I always thought Jessica was loosely based of Mariah Carey.

DJ Envy has no idea who Mariah Carey is -_- or what she has done musically... He probably only knows WBT.. Janhova have mercy on his R&B & Soul

I want Janet to come to them.. I don't think she would since a lot of topics would be off limits.. I miss Janet interviews -_-

LOFL!!! JANET TOOK HIS ENTIRE LIFE....I guess that's why she promoted her to manager, get dem extra coins

DEATH!!!!

Right? Give her blonde hair, and Jessica Rabbit can easily be Mariah Rabbit lol.

I got that vibe too lol, probably could name 3 singles at best, cause she been hooked on ratchet for a min lol, you KNOW he's never seen that "My Love" video with The Dream

I want Jan to do them, Howard, and Wendy, but I'll take 1 of 3, but I wouldn't hold my breath on her doing any of the 3 lol. But I'd love her to. Gil wants her to do Wendy & Howard too.

I'm glad Charlamagne behaved; I was expecting worse from him lol

I don't blame her for AI. And she really set the record straight during the Elvis Duran interview.

I'll take quality (Nas, Maxwell) over anything else all day any day. I'm here for great music, not chart positions (they're merely bonus at this point)

I WAS TOO, I can't believe he didn't even say the words "Vintage Vagina" LOL!!!! I LOVED Toni's reaction to that lol.

Same here, she really was legitimately jipped

Same...which is why this Trey bizness....

Howard Stern would only help her career at this point.. But i'm sure Howard wouldn't agree with those terms

OMG IF SHE DID HOWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Of the 3, no lie, he's the 1 I'd want her to do most, but like you said, he wouldn't agree to her terms, I can't see her being very comfortable with his questions (tho I'd love for her to be), but damnit if she did, and answered every single question (not pull a Tyra and go "Oh Howard, I'm not answering that"), I'd get my everlasting life.

I want Mariah to go back to Howard too.

Oh and that Howard interview was definitely where that "she has an assistant to dispose her gum" rumor started from. You could see she was visibly hesitant about putting the gum in that guy's hand. :lol: Then everybody they told him to chew it while she was thinking "Oh God." :lol:

I like it! ^_^ The whole rainforest setting suits the song. Reminds me of the beginning of "Dreamlover" (which happens to be one of the first vids I ever watched B))

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! It happened again lol, we're too similar, I edited my post to cut out where I say it seems a lil Dreamlovery in a good way like a sequel LOL I'm not alone!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! It happened again lol, we're too similar, I edited my post to cut out where I say it seems a lil Dreamlovery in a good way like a sequel LOL I'm not alone!

:lol: And I was also going to comment on there being too many Trey shots, but I wanted to focus on the positive lol

I guess we triplets. It's very Dreamlover-ish (and slightly I'll Be Loving/Hate U too). And Trey was not needed for the original version.

YES WE ARE OFFICIALLY, cause I also thought (tho I didn't type it), the out of water shots looked very Loving You Longtime too like it's the same world just another time of day.

And you're right after watching it a few more times....no man really was, she captured the song so perfectly in her shots and looks, and then it'd cann to him making his stupid "I'm cute and I know it" face and lips and just ew, but she looked great, I guess it was her interpritation of Beauty & Geese

YES WE ARE OFFICIALLY, cause I also thought (tho I didn't type it), the out of water shots looked very Loving You Longtime too like it's the same world just another time of day.

And you're right after watching it a few more times....no man really was, she captured the song so perfectly in her shots and looks, and then it'd cann to him making his stupid "I'm cute and I know it" face and lips and just ew, but she looked great, I guess it was her interpritation of Beauty & Geese

She looked great - video was slightly boring but what can you do with this song? Not much imo. I think it would have been better if she had different 'love stories' to tie in with the V-Day theme.