The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyUVbtm2c4

The video helped me like it more than I did today, but....too much Trey....I don't like his face lol...I'm sorry theres just nothing about him to like to me, but she looked great, and I loved the water shots

Trey Songz? I'm not interested. Wait is he singing or is he just appearing in the video? If he's singing i'm definitely not interested. Water shots? No surprise there :sigh: Is there also a wind machine blowing her hair. I said this many years ago. Most of her videos have a wind machine or water :lol:

Mariah needs to hang it up. This is like her fourth lead single??

yeah people stopped checking for her last year when she first announced she'd delay the album

In the video, she also reminds of a mermaid who just got her legs :blush:

Too bad the song isn't that good. And as Shawn said.. It's not doing so hot on iTunes

Now that's "opinionated" and most people who've heard it disagree. :)

:lol: "Obsessed" decreased on iTunes too yet it rebounded and become a top 10 hit. So it could go either way. :P

True, and it is MUCH better than Obsessed and deserves to be a hit more than that...hell Obsessed in general CANNOT be the last top 10 single. I'm not crazy about this 1 either (tho again it's a grower), and would've rathered any song between Triumphant and this to be that song, but hey whatcha gonna do.

BUT (playing devils advocate....literally, it's Game) a problem with the Obsessed's success is it's a controversial song and had a controversial video, both had alot to do with the success. And this song and no song she's released since then has had that kind of public fixation.

According to who?

Mariah ..she just said it on 106 & Park ..

I remember telling you and Game she should move on from the title cuz of all the false starts..and she said exactly that. Thats why she moved on to another title cause it had grew old becuz of all the pushbacks. But she wouldn't reveal what the new one is cause I think its untitled at this point.

This is indeed disturbing news, it's been "The Art Of Letting Go" for a YEAR

Which is why she needed to change it. When you have pushbacks to that level...its best to go in a different direction and start anew. Pushbacks become comical to the public..so to hold on to a title makes ur project that much more of a joke. The association w/ pushbacks are not good. Look at Ashanti / Braveheart

More like the opposite and just go ahead and move up the date and release the damn thing.

She said every time she felt she was ready..she kept getting inspired to make more music and she didn't feel fulfilled with what she had. Pretty much the same excuse that EVERYONE who do dozens of push backs say.

The remix video

https://www.youtube....h?v=Nn1JClLqcSg

UGH, his voice, I so prefer it with the auto tune.for his voice, his whole photo shoot thing in the video makes no sense too, he should either have woods shots cause that whole scene don't fit the nature stuff Mariah's doing.

I seen the video..it looked awful and cheap ..I didn't understand the sets at all..especially his. And the whole" Im Trey Songz and my shirts off" thing is sooooo played. Its beyond redundant ..same ol..same ol

She said every time she felt she was ready..she kept getting inspired to make more music and she didn't feel fulfilled with what she had. Pretty much the same excuse that EVERYONE who do dozens of push backs say.

Yea but I'm not hear for shelving albums, I say do what Prince did and just release and move on immediately like he did throught the late 80's & early 90's

I agree with u guys:

1) Trey is played out period. I don't understand why MC or her company wanted to go through with putting him on the remix

2) Constant push backs kill momentum. From Triumphant to an over dramatic injury... It's time to drop whatcha got then move on or stop what ur doing

I agree with u guys:

1) Trey is played out period. I don't understand why MC or her company wanted to go through with putting him on the remix

2) Constant push backs kill momentum. From Triumphant to an over dramatic injury... It's time to drop whatcha got then move on or stop what ur doing

Mariah said, she knew she wanted to do a remix so she kept tryna think who would be the perfect guy, who is "hott with the ladies" ..so she sent him the track and when he sent it back her and JD were very impressed with what he did.