The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

She looked great - video was slightly boring but what can you do with this song? Not much imo. I think it would have been better if she had different 'love stories' to tie in with the V-Day theme.

RIGHT, and I'm surprised it's not more sappy, I was expecting "Always Be My Baby", "We Belong Together", "I Stay In Love" mushy gushy stuff, but this ....eh, just not what I was expecting, but I do love that video and it really does get me into the song more, alot more.

So is it safe to say Mariah is done with trying to get that next Hot 100 #1? Because I don't see "You're a Flop (Eternal)" making it.

We said the same thing about "Touch My Body" and some how it made its lil way to #1 .. with Mariah ...she glides to the #1 spot unexpectedly sometimes.. I wouldnt be shocked if it did eventually get there.

Since no one else wanted to answer... She has to drop JD as a producer for another #1.. She won't give up but this song isn't the one to push her to #1

I do wish she'd work with a wide range of producers rather than her friends.

I wonder if she actually reunited with Walter in the end and if that song makes it to the album...

• Upvote 1

We said the same thing about "Touch My Body" and some how it made its lil way to #1 .. with Mariah ...she glides to the #1 spot unexpectedly sometimes.. I wouldnt be shocked if it did eventually get there.

:umm: stoppit.. Radio won't touch this.. If you're gonna release a song for a holiday.. Best not to release it the week of

She released her best Xmas song on November 1st

EXACTLY ...cause her "friends" keep her sounding the same. All of her albums are just an extension of the prior albums since TEOM

I don't want her working with the hot producers of today though - then people would really have an excuse to call her desperate. She should find new blood and see if maybe upcoming/unknown producers can work some magic with her. Like what Beyonce did with this Boots person.

I don't want her working with the hot producers of today though - then people would really have an excuse to call her desperate. She should find new blood and see if maybe upcoming/unknown producers can work some magic with her. Like what Beyonce did with this Boots person.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks

And you mean Jay-Z

• Upvote 1

she crossed that desperation line yearsss ago.. when there was a rapper on every damn song since "Fantasy" .. :umm: I cant think of one singer who has had more rap collbas than her,tbh

Since no one else wanted to answer... She has to drop JD as a producer for another #1.. She won't give up but this song isn't the one to push her to #1

Yes

And FUCK Yes

Can't teach an old dog new tricks

And you mean Jay-Z

And yes

Well regardless how "You're Mine" performs commercially (and so far it's doing fine; top 10 on iTunes when both versions combined :whistle:), I maintain that it's a great contemporary R&B song and I'm glad she released it. ^_^ Once again, kudos to MC for sticking to her true musical roots and not selling out to the EDM trend and such nonsense lol.

As for producers she's never worked with before, she's done several songs with Hitboy as per her interviews. An "unknown" or lesser known producer would be interesting though. I like Brook D'Leau of J*DaVeY ~ he DJ'ed at Summer Jam and added this rockish beat to "#Beautiful" which I really liked. :D I think he hinted on twitter that he didn't like the song tho <_<, or at least the hashtag anyway lol

Well regardless how "You're Mine" performs commercially (and so far it's doing fine; top 10 on iTunes when both versions combined :whistle:), I maintain that it's a great contemporary R&B song and I'm glad she released it. ^_^ Once again, kudos to MC for sticking to her true musical roots and not selling out to the EDM trend and such nonsense lol.

As for producers she's never worked with before, she's done several songs with Hitboy as per her interviews. An "unknown" or lesser known producer would be interesting though. I like Brook D'Leau of J*DaVeY ~ he DJ'ed at Summer Jam and added this rockish beat to "#Beautiful" which I really liked. :D I think he hinted on twitter that he didn't like the song tho <_<, or at least the hashtag anyway lol

Do we know what's happening with the Walter song or if there even if a song with him? I'm surprised she worked with him (from what reports said a couple years ago) considering how he, according to rumours, sold her out and sided with Tommy.

Do we know what's happening with the Walter song or if there even if a song with him? I'm surprised she worked with him (from what reports said a couple years ago) considering how he, according to rumours, sold her out and sided with Tommy.

I doubt it happened for that very reason. -_- I think Randy was trying to get them to work together again though; maybe nothing came out of it. It would've been nice to have at least one collab "for the nostalgia" though.

I doubt it happened for that very reason. -_- I think Randy was trying to get them to work together again though; maybe nothing came out of it. It would've been nice to have at least one collab "for the nostalgia" though.

Yeah that's what I kinda felt. I don't think MC could trust someone that apparently did that to her tbh. I would have loved it though to see if they still had magic together.

Yeah that's what I kinda felt. I don't think MC could trust someone that apparently did that to her tbh. I would have loved it though to see if they still had magic together.

Same. I would've been curious to see what they would bring today, but yeah unfortunately she's had her trust broken a lot over her life.

Sorry but both combine is irrelevant. And the rest is opinionated blah

Tell that to Billboard lol. And of course it is. B)

Sorry Simba but she dropped down to 28 and in the 80's with the remix.. Time to call this a buzz single and move on to the next..

Same. I would've been curious to see what they would bring today, but yeah unfortunately she's had her trust broken a lot over her life.

That sucks so much, but it's life.

I just hope this release date sticks, but damnit I'm not trusting a damn thing until we even get a track list (not even a cover)