The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

EDIT ^

it's overrated

You were counted you've exptressed that opinion before.

Perfect? Mariah has too many exceptional songs to classify The Roof as "perfect". I've seen someone on here say its the BEST Mariah song ever created. Do you agree with that too? Let's not insult her catalog now...let's not

Yea and calling it garbage isn't insulting it? No I don't think its her best ever, thats called Can't Let Go or Till The End Of Time. But yes that song gest the perfect title from me, its in my opinion her best mix of R&B/hip hop she's ever done, the vocals are perfect as is, any more and it'd overwhelm the song, any less and it'd be overtaken by the beat like alot of her whispery hip-hop songs. The background vocals, the instrumentals, everything about the song works. Its the reason why fans and non fans alike love this song

Andy what the hell was going on with the Butterfly era cause why was there NO promo for The Roof, Breakdown, & Butterfly, all of them would've done great on the charts.

Aww you remembered :wub:

Well if you leave do nothing else in life you manage to leave a lasting impression with your opinions for better or worst :wub:

'The Roof' is exquisite.

Isn't it tho, just talking about it this much makes me wanna turn off the lights and curl up on the couch like she did in the car in that video lol....let it take me back to that time, it's another Mariah song I lived.

• Upvote 2

My inner voice resounding

Begging me to turn away

But I just had to see your face

To feel alive

And then you casually walked in the room

And I was twisted in the web

Of my desire for you

(And I was twisted)

My apprehension blew away

I only wanted you

To taste my sadness

As you kissed me in the dark

OOOOOOH! that takes me BACK, how'd she know?! How'd she know! lol,for real those lines and the way she sings them....

That Dupri remix too :D ~ my favorite remix she's ever done B)

Mine too :thumbup: , tho the Stay A While My All remix is a VERY close 2nd....maybe tied with Thank God I Found You (Make It Last) and I Still Believe (Imagination remix)...ugh I gotta get my affairs in order lol.

Mine too :thumbup: , tho the Stay A While My All remix is a VERY close 2nd....maybe tied with Thank God I Found You (Make It Last) and I Still Believe (Imagination remix)...ugh I gotta get my affairs in order lol.

Yes, Stay Awhile remix is my next favorite :thumbup: I also really love the Honey remixes

Yea.......I do sense another Pushback is on the way.

She will release another single.. as if this song never existed.. I wouldn't be surprise if she didn't put it on the album

Actually... I wonder if she'll put any of her past 8 singles on the album... She has to, if she puts #B on the album.. otherwise it would be awkward

She will release another single.. as if this song never existed.. I wouldn't be surprise if she didn't put it on the album

Actually... I wonder if she'll put any of her past 8 singles on the album... She has to, if she puts #B on the album.. otherwise it would be awkward

Yea I can see that happening...again.

Right? I think Almost Home wont be on the album, I think she'll leave it on the soundtrack, and I hope Triumphant gets the treatment of a "Buzz" single and never see's a release on a new album (that's not some kind of compolation)

I think #Beautiful, TAOLG, and YM(E) will all make the album (if not, I'll put them on cuz they're too good not to be lol). Someone claimed the album version of #B is supposed to be longer; that would be nice. ^_^

That'd be VERY nice because I wanted it longer, I wanted a bridge.

AND I DO THAT TOO LOL I add Buzz singles, B-sides, & New vocal remixes to the albums (like my Velvet Rope has 3 Together Agains LOL)

*random* It actually makes sense that she didn't listen to "Drunk in Love." (lucky her. -_- j/k, Beyhive calm down lol) A lot of true artists get so immersed in their craft that they actually avoid listening to other people's music. They don't want to subconsciously "borrow" their ideas. My friend's a recording artist and he's the same as well.

That'd be VERY nice because I wanted it longer, I wanted a bridge.

AND I DO THAT TOO LOL I add Buzz singles, B-sides, & New vocal remixes to the albums (like my Velvet Rope has 3 Together Agains LOL)

A new bridge would be perfect!

Yeah exactly. As far as I'm concerned, "Slipping Away" is a track between "I Am Free" and "When I Saw You"; and "I'm That Chick" has an intro lol

• Upvote 1

Specifically calling out Andy & Bu (cause I suspect 1 of the 2 of them can help me out)

Can someone send me the original under 5min version of Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely? I can't find that I want ta hear it & have it, the only way its avail on Youtube for some stupid reason is through the 10min remix