The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Yea theres a thing tho about what Beyonce did and what Mariah's doing, Beyonce had songs "leak" the same year the album came out, Mariah's been officially releasing singles & videos and doing promo for 2 years and pissing off alot of fans (myself included) & lambs along the way by continuing to treat release dates like NOTHING, I don't think that's going to translate too well for sales.

But Im with Bu, fuck sales, if she does Ashanti numbers and it's the best post Butterfly Album she's ever done (TO ME) it'll be worth it....to me.

Look.. The two of them will be compared by the media whether you like it or not... Yes there are differences but Beyonce is the... umm... considered oh god.. an "innovator" of that marketing scheme (leaves a nasty taste in my mouth)

I'm sorry.. If it's anything like her last two singles.. she can keep it

It's different from Jay-Z's Bey's approach because we at least have a head-ups when enlightened individuals will be blessed. :blush:

LOL you're right about Jay-Z.

Jay-Z's Bey's approach

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Look.. The two of them will be compared by the media whether you like it or not... Yes there are differences but Beyonce is the... umm... considered oh god.. an "innovator" of that marketing scheme (leaves a nasty taste in my mouth)

I'm sorry.. If it's anything like her last two singles.. she can keep it

Oh yes I wasn't saying they wouldn't be (I don't like it ofcourse because MC is just so much betta) but Im saying (agreeing) that it probably won't translate to sales very well the way it did for Bey and the way it probably would've if she did this at this exact time last year.

If it's the last 1 yes (I'm growing out of You're mine, it reminds me of a Memiors track), but if it's like everything she released in 2013, I NEED IT.

This is true. They (the media) are licking Beyonces ass and pussy at the same time right now tbh (deservedly so too imo). I kind of want a Superbowl moment for her to knock her down a peg or two - and that's me talking as a Bey stan :lmao:.

• Upvote 1

BYE JD.

I think Mariah will do 100k first week, even that is a stretch. No one's predicting a Beyonce-like success with this surprise release. At least I'm not.

What do you think will be the album title people?

She said the title i from a personal possession of hers she'd had her entire life.I'm thinking Voice or Heart (in reference to her heart necklace?). Those titles are very Mariah-esque in that they're single words like Emotions/Daydream/Butterfly etc.

80237b31-557a-4521-afae-1fa4cbbe523d_zps3fadf636.png

Is that Billboard's article i posted ^

I don't know I didn't see what you posted :unsure:? If it's the latest one then on ATRL there's a zoomed in pic of the cover and it says May 6th - but that article also says Emancipation was released in 2004 :asham:.

I don't know I didn't see what you posted :unsure:? If it's the latest one then on ATRL there's a zoomed in pic of the cover and it says May 6th - but that article also says Emancipation was released in 2004 :asham:.

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=572773

this thread? because it clearly says "late may" :lol: