The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

I downloaded it and then reported the blog that had it up cause I know that I'm going to support The queen of course but some people who download it won't.

Purchase dahlings.

38.gif

upload it on mediafire and book me a link ^_^

Review of Game: Me. I Am MariahThe Elusive Chanteuse

I'm going to keep this short. This album sounds like it is full of tracks she dismissed on her past 3 albums with a smooth 90s twist but that's not a good thing. 90's Mariah had vocal talent, lyrical genius, and most importantly, hooks.. 2 of the 3 things previously mentioned are missing from this album.

Cry: Classic Mariah.. Very Gospel overtones - 2/5

Faded: Skip - 3/5

Dedicated: Eh.. Skip - 1/5

#B: The title says it all - 5/5

Thirsty: Meh.. Cute bop but rachet for the 48 year old - 3/5

Make It Look Good: Probably my favorite song from this album and that's not saying much. Catchy hook but that's all it's got - 3.5/5

You're Mine (Eternal): The Valentine's Day theme song is classic MC that failed to climb the chart that keeps ignoring her.. 2/5

You Don't Know What To Do: The title suggests that this is what happened to this album. This track is similar to I'm That Chick sans the hook.. Sounds like it took her 4 minutes to write this hook/song - 1/5

Supernatural: Children on the track.. Classic mother.. It was cute when Jay-Z did it.. We get it.. You have kids - 1/5

Meteorite: "Andy Warhol said, "In the future, everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes" is probably the best way to describe this song - 1/5

Camouflage: "Where the hook gon' b" - 1/5

One More Try: With a better writer, this song could have been soo much better - 2/5

Heavenly: Probably her best song on the album. Lyrically fair... MC's classic gospel track.. 4/5

The Art of Letting Go: Sad that this album wasn't spun around this track as originally planned - 3.5/5

In conclusion, Mariah Carey has proven a few things with this album... She can sing her heart out in the studio but fails at it live, she doesn't listen to modern radio stations, and dem babies took her lyrical genius when they slide out of her womb. This album doesn't sound like an album suitable for a 2014 release. Maybe a 2006-09.

2.5/5 Crowns

* - I skipped Money bc the bootleg I grabbed/iTunes radio didn't have it

Pre-Game Prediction: Flop with less that 100k first week

I decided I'll give my full review when I have the album in full to judge, I don't wanna have to come back to add tracks I don't have yet, know this......I like it lol. BUT I also wanna live with it a few days & let my opinion truly form and get more used to songs.

Word on the street is..at this year's World Music Awards, she's scheduled to receive an Icon award and lip sync.... I mean perform

You just had to come in here and get some jabs in here somehow. :sigh:

Get that Icon Award and opening performance, Elusive Queen Of Chanteuses. Who else after 24 years?

I'm so in love with his album, seriously. There's so many layers, I'm finding something new with each listen.

This is a classic body of work like only she could deliver. I love the flow, Her voice has never sounded better and the fucking RAWNESS of the ballads gives me goosebumps.

I can't wait for Tuesday.