Question...

janetDAYZ

Had this discussion with some folks.

Say you are a single man and you are currently dating about 3 different ppl. One day one of the individuals ask "Am I the only one you're dating?"

Do you think they are privy to that information or are they crossing the line of personal information?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had this discussion with some folks.

Say you are a single man and you are currently dating about 3 different ppl. One day one of the individuals ask "Am I the only one you're dating?"

Do you think they are privy to that information or are they crossing the line of personal information?

The fact that they had to ask to begin with means you not keeping it real wit what you doing, if you do not feel they privy to that info they should also know that you and that person(s) are not together like that, that way they understand from jump. It's shit like this that get mofos caught up because in the end what's in the dark always comes to the light, and it may bite u in the ass......keep it real :filenails:

The fact that they had to ask to begin with means you not keeping it real wit what you doing, if you do not feel they privy to that info they should also know that you and that person(s) are not together like that, that way they understand from jump. It's shit like this that get mofos caught up because in the end what's in the dark always comes to the light, and it may bite u in the ass......keep it real :filenails:

bingo

but why should a single man have to come out and say "Well Im dating other ppl" ..for what?! You two are just having dates here and there..dinner,movie...just enjoying each others company. It just aint that serious to me to get all into well this is whats going on with me..it would be different if we decided that we wanna take it to the next level but untril then I dont feel its their business.

Exactly.

:umm:

For me when someone's talking about "dating" someone else, I view that as the person doing romantic things together with someone to see if they're compatible for a relationship. If they say they're "dating" multiple people at the same time, I view that person as a dumbass for using "dating".

I agree Henry - in it's purest sense If you are just going out for dinner or whatever with people just to get to know them then it's fine to date more than one person.

But a lot people call it dating when you are having sex and seeing them over and over and ur doing the same with multiple people. That's sn open relationship and I'm not down with that

Well I've set up two 'dates' with two different people for the next two weeks. It's not a date date...more like 'hey lets grab a coffee and get to know each other more' type of thing.

For me when someone's talking about "dating" someone else, I view that as the person doing romantic things together with someone to see if they're compatible for a relationship. If they say they're "dating" multiple people at the same time, I view that person as a dumbass for using "dating".

Isnt the point of going on dates with mutiple ppl a part of the process of getting to know ALL the potetnials? Why does it have to be one at a time? And as far as what its called..I guess it boils down to the person because alot of folks call it dating while come call it what you call it.

I agree Henry - in it's purest sense If you are just going out for dinner or whatever with people just to get to know them then it's fine to date more than one person.

But a lot people call it dating when you are having sex and seeing them over and over and ur doing the same with multiple people. That's sn open relationship and I'm not down with that

Same page Paul...same page :thumbup:

Isnt the point of going on dates with mutiple ppl a part of the process of getting to know ALL the potetnials? Why does it have to be one at a time? And as far as what its called..I guess it boils down to the person because alot of folks call it dating while come call it what you call it.

That's the "just hanging out" part. Tell me this...is the person doing romantic, sexual things with these folks? If so, the person basically has 3 fuck buddies he/she doesn't want to them about.

I get the difference.

I look at it like..

-Dating is the first step (whether its multiple ppl or not)

-Then there's the messing around/"talking" stage (sex,cuddling, "doing yall"

-Then the exclusive stage when you all decided you want to be involved. Youre a couple at this point.

Well I've set up two 'dates' with two different people for the next two weeks. It's not a date date...more like 'hey lets grab a coffee and get to know each other more' type of thing.

But if it was a DATE DATE ...it could be find to do that with two ppl,inur opinion?

That's the "just hanging out" part. Tell me this...is the person doing romantic, sexual things with these folks? If so, the person basically has 3 fuck buddies he/she doesn't want to them about.

NO ..thats the thing. No sex...none of that. Maybe a kiss or soemthing at the end of the date.

NO ..thats the thing. No sex...none of that. Maybe a kiss or soemthing at the end of the date.

Okay...then the first part of what Paul said (the "in it's purest sense..." part) is what I'm going with.

Would I tell the person if I ever did it, no because the person would try to pressure you to make them "the one" instead of letting you make it.

But if it was a DATE DATE ...it could be find to do that with two ppl,inur opinion?

I think so. Going on a first date does not mean I'm exclusive with that one person...when we reach the exclusive mark - that is when dating other people is wrong imo. I think it's wrong to be sexing both people at the same time though.

Does that make sense?

Archived