The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

jambeyonce.jpg

Singer Beyonce arrives at the Moet Rose Lounge during the launch celebration for Kelly Rowland's new album "Here I Am" at the Top of The Standard Hotel on July 26, 2011 in New York City. (Jemal Countess/Getty Images for Moet/AFP)

2rf6nb9.jpg

:rolleyes::lol:

There will be no second coming of Janet. You see what happened when Ciara and Cassie thought that.

If anything, Kelly is the second coming of Karen White. No shade.

Kelly's been in da game for 10+ years. You will not come for her throne. :coffee:

You bitch. :lol:

The second Janet passed already. :coffee:

Who you talkin bout? :umm:

:rolleyes::lol:

Who you talkin bout? :umm:

Kelly will NEVER be Janhova. Not even if she jacks Ciara's stash of wet-curl weaves, steals Karin Lawson's clothes, and digs up Eartha's cat suit. She can have some shine. But not the status and crown :coffee:

I still love you, babe :blush:

Amy -_-

Kelly will NEVER be Janhova. Not even if she jacks Ciara's stash of wet-curl weaves, steals Karin Lawson's clothes, and digs up Eartha's cat suit. She can have some shine. But not the status and crown :coffee:

I still love you, babe :blush:

Amy -_-

Ugh. :lol:

Amy? What?

tumblr_ljtz6m9JKY1qzl3id.gif

shocked.gif

BITCHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I KNEW one of you messy gurls was going to come with receipts! :lmao: Messy hoes ugh! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lmao:

Oh well. HoeHoe tried it first...so..... :filenails:

LOL!

u_mad_gif-vi.gif

that's some fuckin' sad ass shit to do. Good thing I don't even care about Rep points but its just sad to know someone gives you negative cause you like someone's album better than another persons :lol:

:lmao:!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Bu! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

+1 :good:

tumblr_lozvemGq8f1qfd5ogo1_500-vi.gif

On If She Thinks The BET Awards was her best performance & Why She Chose To Wear A Hat:

Absolutely. Something happened. I dreamt about performing on that stage. I had dreams about it and I just wanted to show off my dreams.

I liked the mystery behind the hat. In rehearsals, something happened, like all the moves in the choreography are like slick. When I put on the baseball cap, something different happened with the movement and it just worked, so I said, “how can I make it work for the stage”. When I put the hat on, something just happened..

On the many compliments she has received from 50 Cent, Young Jeezy etc & Whether She Believes It’s Her Year

I feel like in this moment, I just wanted to put an extra foot forward. Sometimes as individuals we might see something and say ‘ok, that’s the goal. I want to get there”, but do you actually do the work that is required to get there? It was an extra step that happened in the process and I had a great support system and team around me with the label, management and everything. It’s been a blessing above anything

On the Beyonce comparisons

It’s old. I don’t trip off of it and I know it’s going to happen. It’s nothing else anybody can find and I don’t have anything else to talk about so it’s like ‘eh, do a comparison’. [On if they still talked] She hit me [after the BET Awards] and said ‘oh, woman you killed it”

On Mathew Knowles allegedly stealing money from Beyonce

People have said so many things over the years about just the whole DC camp so for me, when it comes to talking about that type of thing with Bey, I don’t discuss that type of thing period. Mathew sent me flowers for my birthday. It’s not a huge trip as people would like it to be.

On If there will be a Destiny’s Child Reunion

It hasn’t been anything we’ve talked about at all. [Mathew] can’t make that decision. That’s our decision, if we want to do that or not and it hasn’t been anything we’ve discussed.

On her cameo on ‘Single Ladies’

It’s so much fun. I love the show and when I was asked about it, I said ‘oh yea I’m doing it. Definitely”

On whether she’s spoken to her father after he attempted to contact her

Not yet. I’m very sensitive about the subject. I haven’t talked to him yet, I definitely plan on it and hopefully I meet him soon. It has been a long process of him trying to get back in contact with me. It’s very interesting now how it does happened at this time but I think everyone deserves forgiveness and it’s okay to move on. I haven’t seen this man in TWENTY years so I’m definitely going to meet him. It’s going to be a very interesting moment. It’s so many people that deal with the same situation so I’m not tripping off of it.

Read more: Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce Comparisons, A Destiny’s Child Reunion & Forgiving Her Father | Necole Bitchie.com

On If She Thinks The BET Awards was her best performance & Why She Chose To Wear A Hat:

Absolutely. Something happened. I dreamt about performing on that stage. I had dreams about it and I just wanted to show off my dreams.

I liked the mystery behind the hat. In rehearsals, something happened, like all the moves in the choreography are like slick. When I put on the baseball cap, something different happened with the movement and it just worked, so I said, “how can I make it work for the stage”. When I put the hat on, something just happened..

Honey... -_-

Quick spin: ‘Here I Am’ by Kelly Rowland

By — Allison Stewart, Published: July 25

Kelly Rowland spent about five years as Beyonce’s handmaiden in Destiny’s Child and almost twice that long trying to establish a successful career of her own. Conventional wisdom has held that Rowland was a charisma-challenged nice girl destined to forever be a musical bridesmaid.

Her third solo album, the perfectly likable, club-centric R&B outing “Here I Am,” won’t convince anyone that Rowland has a personality, but luckily for her, she no longer needs one: Call it the Attack of the Rihanna Clones, but these days killer beats and a flat affect trump all. Rowland, free of the need to actually be interesting, makes the most of it.

“Here I Am” favors low-octane, nondescript tracks such as the Big Sean-assisted “Lay It on Me,” on which nobody seems to be trying particularly hard, especially Big Sean, who sounds like he’s spitting his verse with one eye on the door. Rowland jettisons her dignity (has there ever been a club diva who has found hers helpful?) on the Lil’ Wayne-starring “Motivation,” a modest banger with an air of damp, aggressively debauched Weezyness.

The less awkward “Commander,” a collaboration with French producer David Guetta, is a sequel of sorts to their ’09 hit, “When Love Takes Over,” the dance-floor powerhouse that changed the course of Rowland’s moribund career. A relentless electro jam as anonymous as it is good, it’s a girl-power anthem written by three men, but you can’t have everything.

— Allison Stewart

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/quick-spin-here-i-am-by-kelly-rowland/2011/07/22/gIQA3tjLZI_story.html

------

BIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTCCCHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: