The Official Nicki Minaj Thread

TwistedElegance™

I saw a bit of her E! thing... I kinda get where she was coming from with Mariah. You don't just blow up like that for no reason.

Laurie Ann Gibson though :mellow: you can tell she still thinks she's on the monster ball tour and is trying make nicki the new gaga :lmao:

Poor thing -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHHh89H6dg

Minaj went on US radio station Power 105.1 and said the album's poor performance was based on Wal-Mart and Target's policy of not selling re-released albums. According to Minaj, "It’s hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn’t want to take a chance. So Target and Wal-Mart [are] not selling the album. And Target is actually my biggest retailer. They’ve sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever; thank you Target, but I wish you could have sold this one … it kind of sets you up to fail.”

Assuming she realized that no matter what she is making dump trucks full of money anyway, Minaj went on to say "At the end of the day I’m happy that I was able to put the music out. The real reason for me to put out ‘The Re-Up’ is because I wanted to have a bridge between this time and the third album. I wanted people to have music that I really stand by.”

-----

lol

Also a mess starting at 2:40 :lol: She betta get her songs on the radio. :lol:

She seems really spooked about her album sales though. PjOrs.gif

Nicki Minaj Says Third Album Will Be an Extension of The Re-Up

Nicki Minaj is quite satisfied with the artistic merits of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up. While the re-packaged sophomore album didn't strike gold, selling just 36,000 copies and peaking at No. 26 on the charts, the rapper is not concerned and feels she's going in the right direction with her music. The new American Idol judge recently sat down with Fuse TV and dished on her third album aspirations.

"A continuation of the Re-Up with a lot more. I have a lot more to say," she revealed. "But production-wise, I like where the Re-Up went. I want to continue down that path and add on to that musically."

The hip hop star also mentioned that she doesn't have anyone on her list for a collaboration, and that she's already worked with "so many amazing people." However, Minaj's re-packaged album flop and announcement to continue down that road didn't come without jokes. Her Hot 97 Summer Jam nemeisis, Peter Rosenberg, and his morning show crew clowned the celeb for her drop in sales, particularly after her dispute with Rosenberg this past summer.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2012/11/30/nicki-minaj-announces-third-album-as-continuation-of-the-re-up.html

I saw a bit of her E! thing... I kinda get where she was coming from with Mariah. You don't just blow up like that for no reason.

That's her side of the story and she's certainly welcome to share it. However if she really took issue with something Mariah said, then she should have talked with her in private--especially considering she's out in the public eye.

Just no more talentless flops like Ciara & Cassie... wtf was she thinking... you can't save their careers Nicki... much like you couldn't save Mar--oop!

:whistle:

Aw, poor MC and her sold out shows... whoops now :P

That's her side of the story and she's certainly welcome to share it. However if she really took issue with something Mariah said, then she should have talked with her in private--especially considering she's out in the public eye.

Aw, poor MC and her sold out shows... whoops now :P

What sold out shows?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nicki Minaj Buries Beef With Peter Rosenburg, Reurns To Hip-Hop Roots On Third Album

One year after her infamous blowout with Hot 97, Nicki Minaj came face-to-face with morning host Peter Rosenberg, who caused her to pull out of Summer Jam by dissing her hit “Starships.” The two explained their sides of the story and put their differences aside.

While the Barbz may not forgive him, Nicki has moved on. “It’s cool. It’s water under the bridge,” she told Rosenberg. “It’s so long ago, I can’t even act like I care anymore. I don’t care, I really don’t. I appreciate you guys having me.”

She did admit that she should have still performed at last year’s concert despite the situation. “In hindsight, I should have just did the show because I’ve never allowed anyone—no matter what I’ve gone through personally or professionally—I’ve never allowed that to make me let my fans down,” she said. “In hindsight, I should have just came out ’cause it’s my hometown, especially. They shouldn’t have been brought into whatever we were going through. I wish I would have came out and did the show, and I apologize for not coming out and doing the show ’cause [my fans] had nothing to do with that.”

While she never saw or heard the controversial remark, she did let Rosenberg know how she felt about him. “I never found you funny. I never found you entertaining. I never found you smart. I just found you annoying,” said the New York native. “To me, you don’t have enough of a résumé to make those comments, but you did and it is what it is. For whatever reason, our paths were meant to cross like that, so it’s over.”

Despite her pop success, her next album will be a return to her roots. “If I really wanted to right now, I could go back in and make another pop song like ['Starships'] to sell all this stuff, and I’m choosing not to do it. I’m choosing to get back to my essence and just feed the core hip-hop fan.”

Don’t expect to hear another “Starships” on the album. “I feel like I did it, I don’t need to do it again. I don’t know how I’m gonna feel after the third album, but I know for the third album, I’ve just been getting back to that place where I was right before I dropped my first album, which is kill everything.

But she has no regrets and is happy with her career choices. “I would do every single thing the same exact way.”

When asked if she is a diva, she responded, “I handle my business and also I speak up for myself. If I was not like this, so many people would have taken advantage of me. … I just dealt with a lot of stuff from guys, and plus my father was so crazy with his alcohol and drug abuse, I just always felt like I’m never gonna let anyone pull me down, make me feel small. I’m never gonna let a man do that.”

Hot 97 program director Ebro extended an invitation for her to come out at this year’s Summer Jam, but she has to check her availability.

She reflected on her experience on “American Idol” and her feud with Mariah Carey. “Now looking back, I can say, ‘Hmm, they’re very calculated. They knew a lot of things, but they gave me a great opportunity.’ … I did have a good time.”

Plus, she spoke about accepting her homosexual fans, her attraction to non-celebrities, and shooting the revenge comedy The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz.

http://www.rap-up.com/2013/05/28/nicki-minaj-buries-beef-with-peter-rosenberg-returns-to-hip-hop-roots-on-third-album/#more-158995

YES @ the bolded line. I want her to sound hungry again.

• Upvote 1