The Official Nicki Minaj Thread

TwistedElegance™

Nicki Minaj has everyone buzzing about the fantASStic video for “Beez in the Trap,” the latest single off her album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which is expected to debut at No. 1 next week. Shot in Miami, the dirty version of the Benny Boom-directed clip co-stars rapper-of-the-moment 2 Chainz and “a lot of big booty girls.” Watch Nicki flaunt her assets below.

This video gives me my ratchet LIFE!

• Upvote 1

Nicki Minaj on Lady Gaga: ‘We Are in Completely Different Lanes’

Nicki Minaj has had enough of the Lady Gaga comparisons. During her sit-down with Juju Chang on ABC’s “Nightline,” the platinum rap diva was asked whether she is offended by comparisons to her pop counterpart.

“Offend me? No. Irks me? Yeah,” responded Nicki. “Because we are in completely different lanes.”

She explained herself further. “First of all, I’m a rapper. First of all, I’m from Southside Jamaica, Queens, and I could say some really crazy lyrics right now, but I won’t.”

The “Starships” hitmaker turned the tables on the reporter, asking her what similarities she sees. Chang likened her wigs and eccentric costumes to Gaga.

“Every female in this game wears wigs,” Nicki fired back. “Over the top costumes? Eeh, try again.”

The full interview airs tonight on “Nightline.” Watch a sneak peek below.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/04/09/nicki-minaj-on-lady-gaga-we-are-in-completely-different-lanes/#more-119741

Nicki could cut at least SOME of the bullshit. There is no way she would've turned up at the Grammys with the pope if Lady Gaga didn't exist. :rolleyes:

Nicki Minaj on Lady Gaga: ‘We Are in Completely Different Lanes’

Nicki Minaj has had enough of the Lady Gaga comparisons. During her sit-down with Juju Chang on ABC’s “Nightline,” the platinum rap diva was asked whether she is offended by comparisons to her pop counterpart.

“Offend me? No. Irks me? Yeah,” responded Nicki. “Because we are in completely different lanes.”

She explained herself further. “First of all, I’m a rapper. First of all, I’m from Southside Jamaica, Queens, and I could say some really crazy lyrics right now, but I won’t.”

The “Starships” hitmaker turned the tables on the reporter, asking her what similarities she sees. Chang likened her wigs and eccentric costumes to Gaga.

“Every female in this game wears wigs,” Nicki fired back. “Over the top costumes? Eeh, try again.”

The full interview airs tonight on “Nightline.” Watch a sneak peek below.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/04/09/nicki-minaj-on-lady-gaga-we-are-in-completely-different-lanes/#more-119741

Nicki could cut at least SOME of the bullshit. There is no way she would've turned up at the Grammys with the pope if Lady Gaga didn't exist. :rolleyes:

DEAD @ her getting defensive about it.. :asham: She know damn well she's been biting Lady Gaga for a while now..and that Pope stunt at the grammys was so Gaga. Girl, try again.

DEAD @ her getting defensive about it.. :asham: She know damn well she's been biting Lady Gaga for a while now..and that Pope stunt at the grammys was so Gaga. Girl, try again.

*Hi-fives*

Juju dropped the ball by offering wigs as a similarity. It doesn't begin or end with wigs. :rolleyes: She should've gone harder on the costume angle.

Ok nicki needs to keep it cute because the only reason she can even dream of doing the over the top bullshit she does is because gaga carved out that lane. You're not as smart, you're not as talented, you're not as artistic, and take careful note stupid hoe, the only reason Madonna (your idol and close friend :rolleyes: ) dissed her and not any other pop princess is because gaga is actually a threat. So if Madonna is scared who the fuck do u think u is bitch :mellow:

• Upvote 1

*Hi-fives*

Juju dropped the ball by offering wigs as a similarity. It doesn't begin or end with wigs. :rolleyes: She should've gone harder on the costume angle.

Right. All them hoes wear wigs..it's more of the outfits and out there fashion that she should have concentrated on.

Ok nicki needs to keep it cute because the only reason she can even dream of doing the over the top bullshit she does is because gaga carved out that lane. You're not as smart, you're not as talented, you're not as artistic, and take careful note stupid hoe, the only reason Madonna (your idol and close friend :rolleyes: ) dissed her and not any other pop princess is because gaga is actually a threat. So if Madonna is scared who the fuck do u think u is bitch :mellow:

Roc, I love you.

First of all, I’m a rapper.

She is? I didn't know that.

Didn't she say the same thing about wigs and outfits when she was asked about her jacking being influenced by Lil Kim?

She is? I didn't know that.

Didn't she say the same thing about wigs and outfits when she was asked about her jacking being influenced by Lil Kim?

The thing is, Lil Kim was the first female rapper to wear colored wigs and outrageous outfits. I know the colored wigs aren't a big deal, but back in 1997, it really was. She completely started a trend that every black girl tried to emulate. She revolutionized female hip hop and commanded respect like her male counterparts. I will give Foxy a little credit(although she gave Kim props for doing it first). The girls were raunchy and started rapping about sex and getting money just like the men. Then rappers like Jacki O and Trina were influenced by that too. Eve kinda did her own thing, but I still think she respected what Kim and others were doing. When you look at Nicki's style, it's a direct representation of Kim. No shade. And once she got tired of biting Kim, she went on to Gaga.

• Upvote 4

The thing is, Lil Kim was the first female rapper to wear colored wigs and outrageous outfits. I know the colored wigs aren't a big deal, but back in 1997, it really was. She completely started a trend that every black girl tried to emulate. She revolutionized female hip hop and commanded respect like her male counterparts. I will give Foxy a little credit(although she gave Kim props for doing it first). The girls were raunchy and started rapping about sex and getting money just like the men. Then rappers like Jacki O and Trina were influenced by that too. Eve kinda did her own thing, but I still think she respected what Kim and others were doing. When you look at Nicki's style, it's a direct representation of Kim. No shade. And once she got tired of biting Kim, she went on to Gaga.

gleeartiepreach99.gif

For the next album, she'll probably start biting the Janet/Rihanna style. -_-

I don't know why I give you plus points you don't give me none, but that was 100 so :filenails:

I love you :wub:

I love Onika but Kim is a pioneer

NICKI’S RELOADED AT #1

April 10, 2012

Just call her darling Nicki. Reigning YM/CM/Universal Republic hip-hop diva Nicki Minaj debuts at #1 on the HITS Album chart with her sophomore effort, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which sells 252k.

XL/Columbia Grammy winner Adele’s 21 continues its remarkable run, racking up another 152k (+22%) to finish at #2, bringing her U.S. total to more than 8.6 million.

Big Machine country stars Rascal Flatts’ Changed debuts at #3, with 131k, while Mercury Nashville’s Lionel Richie (#4) and Syco/Columbia boy band One Direction’s Up All Night (#5) round out the Top 5, the latter giving Team Stringer/Barnett two of them.

Universal Republic Icelandic roots rockers Of Monsters & Men’s debut, My Head is an Animal, is the week’s big surprise, debuting at #6 with 55k, one of three albums for Monte Lipman’s label in the Top 10, along with The Hunger Games soundtrack (#7).

----

:umm: :umm: :umm: :umm: @ Adele.

Congrats to Of Monsters and Men! :cheer:

If anyone, I say Nicki copies Grace Jones. In fact, part of the "Stupid Ho" video reminded me of the Island Life cover. It's not like Gaga was the first artist to ever dress eccentrically, and of course she isn't the last lol

That said, Nicki kinda lost me this era. -_- I really like "Roman Holiday" and "Champion" though.

Nicki Minaj Abandons Twitter

“There’s only so much a person can take…” That’s the line Nicki Minaj used just before she bid “good f***king bye” to her 11 million Twitter followers — possibly for good.

On Sunday night, the “Roman’s Revenge” hit-maker ditched the microblogging website after becoming embroiled in a viral battle with representatives for Nicki Daily, an online fansite the artist accuses of leaking her unreleased songs to the Interwebs.

After a series of choice words were exchanged between Nicki and a group of followers she called “very mean,” the femcee bypassed the usual move of blocking certain members and instead shut down her entire account.

“Like seriously, its but so much a person can take. Good f***ing bye,” Nicki wrote just moments before deleting her profile.

Per Twitter’s Terms of Service, Minaj has a 30-day grace period to re-activate her account or face permanent deletion.

Her sophomore album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1 earlier this month.

http://www.popcrunch.com/nicki-minaj-abandons-twitter/