So I told this woman off in the supermarket today for getting in my personal space

Selz

In my experience the 'correct' thing to do in queue etiquette is to wait by your own shopping until the person ahead of you has finished. This woman followed me to the packing conveyor and was standing next to the chip and pin machine. I wanted to pay by card anyway so she would have been breathing down my neck. I turned and she was smiling at me, and I'm thinking "Shit she's SMILING at me and I'm about to have a go at her" :lol:

Normally I wouldn't have done it, I'd have just fumed - but I had 1-1 assertiveness training on Thursday and one thing I was told was to voice my feelings and not let things lie. So I felt like I should speak up on what was bothering me. :lol:

I said "Can you please move back a bit because you are invading my personal space now", she's like "Sorry but you looked like you were about to leave" I said "I haven't paid yet!!" :lol:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1310232503' post='179406]

I said "Can you please move back a bit because you are invading my personal space now", she's like "Sorry but you looked like you were about to leave" I said "I haven't paid yet!!" :lol:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1310232366' post='179401]

In my experience the 'correct' thing to do in queue etiquette is to wait by your own shopping until the person ahead of you has finished. This woman followed me to the packing conveyor and was standing next to the chip and pin machine. I wanted to pay by card anyway so she would have been breathing down my neck. I turned and she was smiling at me, and I'm thinking "Shit she's SMILING at me and I'm about to have a go at her" :lol:

Normally I wouldn't have done it, I'd have just fumed - but I had 1-1 assertiveness training on Thursday and one thing I was told was to voice my feelings and not let things lie. So I felt like I should speak up on what was bothering me. :lol:

I've had that happen before and felt very uncomfortable, but I didn't say anything.

I need to work on unleashing my personal "Damita Jo" lol

I was shaking afterwards :lol: I weighed it up in my mind and thought if I don't do this that training will have been a complete waste of time. Gotta get out of my comfort zone somewhere.

You made the right decision. I'm the type that also internalizes EVERYTHING...I'm working to break that though.

I imagine it starts to feel better and less scary the more you do it :lol:

I said "Can you please move back a bit :lol: because you are invading my personal space now", she's like "Sorry but you looked like you were about to leave" I said "I haven't paid yet!!" :lol:

I'd have a problem being so upfront like that, I'd just say "sorry but could you move back, I haven't paid yet" and smile lol

I'd like to be upfront like you though! The only time I get mad and cuss people out is if I think they are cheating me or something - like the other day I told the man in this shop that they were ridiculous for charging 1.75 to use debit card when everyone else is max 50p

I'd have a problem being so upfront like that, I'd just say "sorry but could you move back, I haven't paid yet" and smile lol

I'd like to be upfront like you though! The only time I get mad and cuss people out is if I think they are cheating me or something - like the other day I told the man in this shop that they were ridiculous for charging 1.75 to use debit card when everyone else is max 50p

That's hard for some people to do though so you're part of the way there. It's speaking up for what you believe in. :)

"Ms. Janet don't

But Damita Jo do

A little lady

A whole lotta class

But you do me wrong I'll get in that ass"

You Go, Girl! Muy bien, mami, muy bueno. Poner de manifiesto que el fuego.

LOL what's that from?

Archived