FOX NEWS SLAMS CHRIS BROWN after the TODAY SHOW CONCERT

janetDAYZ

Laura first criticized the singer on Friday after his NBC ‘Today Show’ performance aired, stating that the network was “rewarding bad behavior”:

“You may remember the singer Chris Brown, he pleaded guilty to beating his then girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009. Sane Americans were disgusted by his bad behavior but that did not stop him from getting top billing this morning on The Today Show.”

Cooper Lawrence, author of ‘The Cult of Celebrity’: “I want to explain to you what’s going on in the culture. There’s two main things going on. One is, we make these social comparisons and we do these ‘in’ group ‘out’ group things. Once we decide someone’s in our ‘in’ group, we’re unwilling to see what’s blatant in front of us. You show that person a picture of what Rihanna looked like, ‘Oh, I don’t think that’s her, I don’t know what she did to instigate that.’ It’s this blind faith that people have in their celebrities once they decide they’re in the ‘in’ group.”

Jehmu Greene former president of Rock The Vote: “The more he is given a platform, the less accountable that people are going to be able to hold him. We need to walk away from it. It gives a really, really bad example, but I think what it also does against young people is to perpetuate a stereotype against males–”

Laura Ingraham: [interrupting Jehmu Greene]: — a stereotype against African Americans, too. African Americans are given a bad wrap by a guy who — I can’t read most of these lyrics — but I will sum[marize]. This is ‘Look At Me Now,’ one of his top hits in the world actually. “Lil’ n-word, bigger than gorilla, ’cause I’m killin’ every blank — n-word — that try to be on my s-word.” How is this good for anyone? Including him. I actually feel bad for him because I don’t know what happened to him, I don’t know if he got mixed up with some really bad entertainment managers, I don’t know if it’s a family thing, I have no idea, but underneath it all might be a man [who's] very talented, but he needs help. We shouldn’t be giving this a platform.

Chris Brown and 50 Cent RESPONDS

Chris took to his Twitter to defend himself [once again], saying:

“People really should grow up sometimes! I guess the next story they make up will say “chris brown paid the fans to come! #stopit5 hahaha..I get it though! They are upset at the fact that the today show actually focuses on talent instead of an almost 3 year old incident! Running bogus and pointless stories don’t matter! My fans prove that everyday and the haters just look old as F**k ! I keep my head high and my middle finger higher! I love team breezy. Let’s just laugh it off cuz they mad. Ahahahahaha..Fame + Platinum= Fortune! Nobody can take my joy. I have some of the most incredible fans in the world. Goodnight y’all!”

Rapper 50 Cent chimed in, chastising FOX News for coming down on Chris, saying:

“I just saw a clip on FOX news Hating on NBC for having chris brown on. Unbelievable. I’m never watching that [channel] again. He paid for his mistake #!@%*# holes.”

Read more: Fox News Slams Chris Brown, Chris Brown & 50 Cent Respond | Necole Bitchie.com

I'm just going to say it...that is BLATANT racism!

I'm NOT a Chris Brown fan AT ALL...but it's been THREE YEARS since the incident happened. At SOME POINT can't he move on with his life regarding that matter?

I see the media give a pass to caucasians in entertainment (whether they be actors, musicians, etc). With African Americans, you do something "bad" and it follows you for the rest of your life...and people are so bothered to see you excel at ANYTHING in the future.

For example, Robert Downy Jr. was addicted to drugs FOR YEARS and the media kept giving him a pass until he FINALLY got his life together and now they hardly mention it and when they do it's in a "sympathetic" light.

I just hate the double standard as I see it...

Fox news is a mockery, i don't watch that joke of a channel anyways. Chris paid for his mistake and should be allowed to move on with his life. That incident that happened when he was like 19 and shouldn't define his life, He was wrong and was held accountable. If Rihanna can move on everyone else can too.

Fox is wrong for focusing on a +2 year incident, but Chris is also wrong for his more recent history of randomly insulting people, not to mention the GMA incident. -_-

I hope he gets it together. Fox is a lost cause tho... -_-

Archived