Beyonce Admits That Previous Albums Were Not Classics

SonofBaldwin

So even tho she released 3 more albums ..ppl were still giving DIL too much? They were comparing it to her fowllow ups and didn't think it fucked wit DIL. Point Blank.

Most arists debut are not considered their best by the public and we had nothin to compare their albums to.

Yes. :lmao: Ppl only like it because it was the breakout album and there was nothing to compare it to. It was the Beyonce that they had come to love and acclimated to. Plus it's too early to call her best album, and that's why many ppl don't understand with the new gals.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beyonce, good luck at catching up to Rihallah, because you are gonna need it.

:filenails:

Sarcasm?

They're in the same boat as far as artistry goes. But of course Beyonce is light years ahead of Rihanna as a performer.

Yes. :lmao: Ppl only like it because it was the breakout album and there was nothing to compare it to. It was the Beyonce that they had come to love and acclimated to. Plus it's too early to call her best album, and that's why many ppl don't understand with the new gals.

But how can you SOLELY base it on why thats everyones fav because it was simply her first?

Again..why isnt Brandy's debut considered her BEST? Why isn't TLC's debut considered their BEST? We didnt have anything to compare those albums to so I dont see how this arguments holds up for Beyonce's debut :unsure:

But how can you SOLELY base it on why thats everyones fav because it was simply her first?

Again..why isnt Brandy's debut considered her BEST? Why isn't TLC's debut considered their BEST? We didnt have anything to compare those albums to so I dont see how this arguments holds up for Beyonce's debut :unsure:

Because it's biased.

Case and point, Janet (since we're all familiar with her work). Janet's catalog is finished. No album she makes from here on out will be considered as great as Control - TVR. So out of 10 albums, we can pick out what's the best, what's so-so, the best songs, etc. With Beyonce, we can't do that because she is still in the prime of her career. She's still maturing as an artist, and growing musically and artistically. I bet in 1992 or 1995 ppl were still saying Control is Janet's best. I have a two friends who still swears by Control as being Janet's best album.

That's why it's biased against all of the new girls, and I don't think many fans/stans of the artists of yesteryear understand that.

That was a good interview. I wouldn't call her new album classic either. But I respect her for fighting for it and standing behind it. Her classics are DIL and the sasha fierce disc of "I am". Her new album needs more time to marinate. And although i respect her strength as a vocalist, I'd rather her focus on her lyrics and making albums more personal. And her comment about image could have been directed at many artist. Not just Riri. That could have been directed at Gaga and Katty as well.

Because it's biased.

Case and point, Janet (since we're all familiar with her work). Janet's catalog is finished. No album she makes from here on out will be considered as great as Control - TVR. So out of 10 albums, we can pick out what's the best, what's so-so, the best songs, etc. With Beyonce, we can't do that because she is still in the prime of her career. She's still maturing as an artist, and growing musically and artistically. I bet in 1992 or 1995 ppl were still saying Control is Janet's best. I have a two friends who still swears by Control as being Janet's best album.

That's why it's biased against all of the new girls, and I don't think many fans/stans of the artists of yesteryear understand that.

Im not too sure..ppl were completely SOLD on RN. I was around during those eras and with folks I know.. RN had the reaction of "SHE'S TOPPED HERSELF". I dont recall folks handing Control "the best" card over RN.

Isn't EVERY artist who goes beyond one album still growing artistically and in most cases still in their prime?

She has an official thread ...what more does she need?

Besides ppl already spoke on the likes and dislikes of the album.

Dayz, plz

When Beyonce's album came out, everyone and their mama was discussing it

track by track

and there were 50,000 threads on this board, even some by the so called Beyonce-haters

Where are people doing that with Kelly's album

Im not too sure..ppl were completely SOLD on RN. I was around during those eras and with folks I know.. RN had the reaction of "SHE'S TOPPED HERSELF". I dont recall folks handing Control "the best" card over RN.

Isn't EVERY artist who goes beyond one album still growing artistically and in most cases still in their prime?

Again, I know two ppl personally who believe Control is Janet's best. Even on J|X when someone does an album poll, Control gets votes.

That said, if you want to go by ratings, B'day has the highest Metacritic rating. DIL and IASF both won 5 Grammys in one night. Most Beyonce fans consider DIL the lesser album between the four, and believe B'day is the best.

Dayz, plz

When Beyonce's album came out, everyone and their mama was discussing it

track by track

and there were 50,000 threads on this board, even some by the so called Beyonce-haters

Where are people doing that with Kelly's album

:whistle:

Again, I know two ppl personally who believe Control is Janet's best. Even on J|X when someone does an album poll, Control gets votes.

That said, if you want to go by ratings, B'day has the highest Metacritic rating. DIL and IASF both won 5 Grammys in one night. Most Beyonce fans consider DIL the lesser album between the four, and believe B'day is the best.

Like myself :whistle:

I consider myself a Beyonce fan, and I reckon DIL is her worst

"4" now has the highest metacritic rating

Archived