Beyonce Admits That Previous Albums Were Not Classics

SonofBaldwin

http://thelavalizard.com/beyonce/beyonce-admits-that-previous-albums-were-not-classics/

Beyonce Admits That Previous Albums Were Not Classics

beyonce16.jpg

Beyonce has admitted what many of her fans won’t - her last two albums weren’t classics. The ‘Ego’ singer spoke candidly to ‘Access Hollywood’ about her latest album, ’4′, and revealed that her goal was to craft a classic record instead of the collections of singles that were ‘I Am Sasha Fierce’ and ‘B’Day’.

See what Beyonce had to say about the albums below as well as those artists who focus more on getting new hairstyles instead of on their vocal ability below:

http://thelavalizard.com/beyonce/beyonce-admits-that-previous-albums-were-not-classics/

Statements like these are why Beyonce continues to gain respect from her critics in this ’4′ era. She has simply admitted what many of us have been saying for years – most of her songs are geared toward getting placements in advertisements instead of having any lyrical or emotional depth.

Hopefully Beyonce continues this new quest for artistic growth and doesn’t revert to the garbage that was ‘Ego’ or ‘Video Phone’ in an attempt to regain her former commercial success. Think of the long run!

Sidebar: I wonder which artist regularly changes her hairstyle with each new release and ignores her vocals? Rihanna I’m looking at you.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking the same ish recently

Disagree with the comment about I Am though...it was a good album (if she cut some of the tracks off.... way too many songs released, and way too much filler)

LOL, what is she doing now by saying all this? Oh, wait... playing into this notion that her album is some huge leap in artistic growth. I agree, 4 is her best effort since Dangerously In Love...but its nothing revealing. Its not a risk, per say... unless you considered an album full of ballads, slow jams and rehashed 90's R&B a risk.

Beyonce, girl, I was all for you this era.. I liked the image and the album (most of it)...but lets be real you took A BABY STEP in GROWTH... the only thing you grew on Beyonce is that you got rid of those one-tricked pony singles, i.e. Single Ladies, Ego, Beautiful Liar, etc. In which, I applaud you, but lets be real you didn't write anything (okay, you added your 'melodies', but we all know what that means. :rolleyes: *cough* Ne-Yo *cough*) Furthermore, did you reveal anything about your personal life? No. The lyrics are so generic and vague that we assume the same thing over and over again, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your relationship with Jay-Z.

The funny thing about all of this is that singles like "Single Ladies" and "Ego" define Beyonce, now she is kicking them to the curb? Beyonce, good luck at catching up to Rihallah, because you are gonna need it.

:filenails:

And she's right. DIL is her most classic album, and will forever be it. But ppl give Beyonce too much with that album because it was her debut, so there was nothing to compare it to. Good thing she didn't keep doing that album over and over, ppl would be complaining and she wouldn't be here today if she did.

B'day and ISAF were definitely singles albums, although I think IASF is her most cohesive. B'day is nice with its storyline. But DIL will forever be Beyonce's crowning glory.

Beyonce, good luck at catching up to Rihallah, because you are gonna need it.

:filenails:

11kky0m.gif

And she's right. DIL is her most classic album, and will forever be it. But ppl give Beyonce too much with that album because it was her debut, so there was nothing to compare it to.

11kky0m.gif

So even tho she released 3 more albums ..ppl were still giving DIL too much? They were comparing it to her fowllow ups and didn't think it fucked wit DIL. Point Blank.

Most artists debut are not considered their best by the public and we had nothin to compare their albums to either,so whats the difference?

Archived