Im Watching Precious

Bailey

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but I like my films to be an escapism, or else emotional films like the color purple with a happy ending. I'm not a fan of films that feel like they slapped me lol

LIFE,itself..slaps da fuck outta us! :lol: So why is it so hard to witness it in a film? And I believe she ended up getting away from her abusive mother.. :unsure:

The beauty of this movie was it's realness..It was acclaimed because of how gritty and raw it was. No wonder Mo'Nique snatched all the awards and Biggie Jr. got recognized as well.

stops reading right there.....we got at least two folks in here that get it :filenails:

LIFE,itself..slaps da fuck outta us! :lol: So why is it so hard to witness it in a film? And I believe she ended up getting away from her abusive mother.. :unsure:

Life kicks the crap out of us at times which is why I'd rather not see it happen so relentlessly to someone on film. I found it almost as uncomfortable as films like saw, suffering for the sake of suffering....

I understand but ..

and?

I'm not allowed to make a statement without having to explain myself? :unsure:

It was a good film with raw emotion and real life scenarios, and deserved its acclaim. Seeing it once was enough for me. As you said, life slaps us enough, and for that reason, I don't need to watch a movie like this repeatedly since I am already living :lol:

Honey, I'm not retarded, I get it! I just don't enjoy gritty realness in that way! I like to be uplifted

Hun-tay no one said you did not get it, if anyone understands the "game of life' it's you, BUT some of us do enjoy balance, I can't just watch one sorta thing, I am not one of those people that say they don't watch the news or read the paper because it's too depressing.

I'm not allowed to make a statement without having to explain myself? :unsure:

It was a good film with raw emotion and real life scenarios, and deserved its acclaim. Seeing it once was enough for me. As you said, life slaps us enough, and for that reason, I don't need to watch a movie like this repeatedly since I am already living :lol:

Hold on is you Monique? or Precious? :coffee:

Hun-tay no one said you did not get it, if anyone understands the "game of life' it's you, BUT some of us do enjoy balance, I can't just watch one sorta thing, I am not one of those people that say they don't watch the news or read the paper because it's too depressing.

But I'm not challenging anyone's right to enjoy the film - it's well made, it's interesting, excellent acting, raw, gritty, hard - once was enough for me, I'm glad I saw it, but I like to be uplifted by film and music, not depressed :)

Archived