how old were u when u got your drivers license

lexus97

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

State driving tests really aren't enough. :lol: When I took mine all I did was turn on the wipers, parallel park, and drive on the main street under the speed limit. Sooooooo not enough.

exactly...so to cover up this mess now they have to have insurance. so this will eliminate some of them cuss the parent wont insure them so no license

I was 15 when I got my learner's permit and 16 when I got my license.

I was (and am) a good driver and I was ready for it, but I can't say the same for all kids that age. I remember looking at some of the other kids in my high school, and they'd be driving crazy all over the parking lot and I'd be like "who let them have a car?"

State driving tests really aren't enough. :lol: When I took mine all I did was turn on the wipers, parallel park, and drive on the main street under the speed limit. Sooooooo not enough.

I didn't even have to drive on a regular street (it was all a closed course) or parallel park . . . I still don't know how to parallel park. :asham:

dang! 20 months our kids get like 6 weeks tops! :ph34r:

To be honest... my first instructor was shit... and my mum realised eventually and took me off lessons for a few months before putting me back on with a better instructor. So I always say 20 months but I wasn't driving for the whole time. And I passed first time so thumbup1.gif

exactly...so to cover up this mess now they have to have insurance. so this will eliminate some of them cuss the parent wont insure them so no license

Right because the insurance company will add them automatically. :lmao:

I didn't even have to drive on a regular street (it was all a closed course) or parallel park . . . I still don't know how to parallel park. :asham:

:sigh::lol:

Driving tests really aren't enough, at least here in GA. My dad said in CA you had to do the aforementioned, drive on the freeway, change lanes, and a bunch of other stuff before you could get a license.

:sigh::lol:

Driving tests really aren't enough, at least here in GA. My dad said in CA you had to do the aforementioned, drive on the freeway, change lanes, and a bunch of other stuff before you could get a license.

In Florida you don't have to do crap (at least when I took it - it may be stricter now). You had to do, like, a 3 point turn, park in a regular parking space, stop at a stop sign, do a quick stop, and then show them how to park if you're parking on a hill. Some of it varies from DMV to DMV (I took my test at the only DMV in town that had a closed course - and I practiced on the course beforehand because my driving instructor knew all the tricks to it - I seriously felt like I was cheating).

It was really not enough - I could've done the whole thing drunk and blindfolded and still passed.

In Florida you don't have to do crap (at least when I took it - it may be stricter now). You had to do, like, a 3 point turn, park in a regular parking space, stop at a stop sign, do a quick stop, and then show them how to park if you're parking on a hill. Some of it varies from DMV to DMV (I took my test at the only DMV in town that had a closed course - and I practiced on the course beforehand because my driving instructor knew all the tricks to it - I seriously felt like I was cheating).

It was really not enough - I could've done the whole thing drunk and blindfolded and still passed.

It really isn't enough. When I took mine, one boy didn't know how to turn on the windshield wipers. :umm: That's why I was scared when my sister got her license. Me and my brother had the benefit of going on road trips where we both took turns driving hours at a time. My sister didn't get that, nor did she take driver's ed (<_<). They should really make these tests a bit more strenuous and demanding if they want to crack down on teen accidents and deaths.

I was 15 when I got my learner's permit and 16 when I got my license.

I was (and am) a good driver and I was ready for it, but I can't say the same for all kids that age. I remember looking at some of the other kids in my high school, and they'd be driving crazy all over the parking lot and I'd be like "who let them have a car?"

um..thats subjective :rolleyes::lol:

Technically, yes, but I know that I'm a good driver. It's not that hard to figure out, one way or the other.

do you know how many ppl REALLY believe they are good and they're not! :lol:

Just like there's alot of ppl that think they look good but they DONT! :lol:

Its all subjective..im just saying we cant go on your word alone but you have a right to believe you are :yep:

do you know how many ppl REALLY believe they are good and they're not! :lol:

Just like there's alot of ppl that think they look good but they DONT! :lol:

Its all subjective..im just saying we cant go on your word alone but you have a right to believe you are :yep:

Well, I've been with myself in the car when I'm driving, and I'm pretty sure I'm badass at it. 6jo7wj.gif

And also, people tell me I'm awesome at it. The only complaints I receive are from my 89-year-old grandmother, who freaks out when anyone drives more than 30 MPH. But I take driving criticism from elderly folk as a compliment.

Well, I've been with myself in the car when I'm driving, and I'm pretty sure I'm badass at it. 6jo7wj.gif

And also, people tell me I'm awesome at it. The only complaints I receive are from my 89-year-old grandmother, who freaks out when anyone drives more than 30 MPH. But I take driving criticism from elderly folk as a compliment.

did u steal my gif :unsure:

Archived