So with Rihanna's last 2 singles flopping...

King Baby

Didn't I just say that, boo

CKB is alrite as a single

Man Down... no

Just poor choices

Ch..

I can say that the last two songs aren't what she was doing with the first three..one is a "ballad" and the other one is reggae/rnb..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rated R didn't seem like it was gonna go that far regardless (even tho thats my fav from her)

It could have gone 2 million easily if they would have pushed the singles out there. It was highly uncommercial but after Rude Boy, it was clear there was still a desire for more Rihanna.

It could have gone 2 million easily if they would have pushed the singles out there. It was highly uncommercial but after Rude Boy, it was clear there was still a desire for more Rihanna.

I disagre..she was losing steam at that point not to mention the train was goin at a slow pace to begin with. Rude Boy jumped for her ..but after that ...it was kind of..okay,good bye era. i dont see ANYTHING that could have saved that album. Rude Boy was the last great attmept that they had and it served its purpose well.

I disagre..she was losing steam at that point not to mention the train was goin at a slow pace to begin with. Rude Boy jumped for her ..but after that ...it was kind of..okay,good bye era.

Anytime she booked 1.1 million off of Rude Boy being the only REAL hit off that album, she could've done more.

I disagre..she was losing steam at that point not to mention the train was goin at a slow pace to begin with. Rude Boy jumped for her ..but after that ...it was kind of..okay,good bye era.

Rude Boy saved that whole era

Otherwise.........

Like Perez Hilton kept saying @ the time, the world is only here for dance/pop Rihanna

Anytime she booked 1.1 million off of Rude Boy being the only REAL hit off that album, she could've done more.

RockStar was not a bad follow up..I think thats actually a hott song but it didn't do shit becuz ppl were pretty much over that era after Rude Boy. I dont see any other singles that was gonna FOR SURE push her to the 2 mill mark. Again..it was already a slow train pulling out of the station. The wheels fell off once the momentum after "Rude Boy" slowed down.Ppl got what they needed and was over it.

Rude Boy saved that whole eraOtherwise.........

Like Perez Hilton kept saying @ the time, the world is only here for dance/pop Rihanna

Basically. They exhausted all of their other options by that point. Nothing else was gonna carry that album,period.

And Russian Roulette and Hard are NOT bad singles,mind you...so thats says alot about that era just not being well received in the first place.The 2 mill mark is kinda ambitious for such a slow sell in todays market.

Basically. They exhausted all of their other options by that point. Nothing else was gonna carry that album,period.

And Russian Roulette and Hard are NOT bad singles,mind you...so thats says alot about that era just not being well received in the first place.The 2 mill mark is kinda ambitious for such a slow sell in todays market.

They not bad songs, but not good enough

Not up to par

The only songs I pay attention to are Rude Boy & Te-Boro

They not bad songs, but not good enoughNot up to par

The only songs I pay attention to are Rude Boy & Te-Boro

I think it has more to do with the order. Had their set up been different.I think the outcome possibly could have turned out more rewarding. Russian Roulette? For a first single? NO. I see that being more towards the end of the era..single 3 or 4. I always think ballads as first singles are always risky and just not smart imo. It works in rare cases tho but not for most

I think it has more to do with the order. Had their set up been different.I think the outcome possibly could have turned out more rewarding. Russian Roulette? For a first single? NO. I see that being more towards the end of the era..single 3 or 4. I always think ballads as first singles are always risky and just not smart imo. It works in rare cases tho but not for most

And it's not a very good "ballad"

I'm just listening to it now

I take back what I said

It's not a very good song

I remember everyone was saying "wtf is this shit"

Archived