Leasing a NEW Car

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Okay Peeps.. your opinions matter in this thread...

I bought an used 07 Fusion (in great condition +/- a few stains from the previous owner) last September.. I pay a fairly high price a month because I didn'tt have a credit history (i'm a college student)... but I do now since we bought and paid off furniture which was in my name after the car purchase

So should I make the switch over to a leased [new] vehicle or should i just continue paying for the car I have

i want this:

2012-Ford-Fusion-Hybrid-Front-Angle-View.jpg

Leasing a car is one of the stupidest investments. Suze Orman talks about this all the time. You're basically paying for nothing, and the dealer will put a bunch of restrictions on you since you'll eventually be giving the car back. The smartest thing to do in car buying is to pay cash for a car so that you don't have to worry about a car note.

Leasing a car is one of the stupidest investments. Suze Orman talks about this all the time. You're basically paying for nothing, and the dealer will put a bunch of restrictions on you since you'll eventually be giving the car back. The smartest thing to do in car buying is to pay cash for a car so that you don't have to worry about a car note.

paying cash for a car wasn't an option at the time.. [broke college student[ which is why I have a car note...

unless Orman want to give me $10,000 for a car... :shifty:

paying cash for a car wasn't an option at the time.. [broke college student[ which is why I have a car note...

unless Orman want to give me $10,000 for a car... :shifty:

If you're a broke college student, how do you have money for a car note? :umm::lol:

Just save your money and pay cash for a car. It's one less expense.

If you're a broke college student, how do you have money for a car note? :umm::lol:

Just save your money and pay cash for a car. It's one less expense.

no downpayment... i financed it... i needed a car to get to and from work.. cuz Game doesn't do Cleveland public trans :umm:

i like nice things.. and nice cars don't come in a petty cash payment

no downpayment... i financed it... i needed a car to get to and from work.. cuz Game doesn't do Cleveland public trans :umm:

You're gonna be in hella debt because you think ur black ass is too good for public trans :umm:

How come you just didnt save up your money & school refund checks? I know your poor ass get's them :umm:

Thats what I did when I was an undergrad. Took me two refund checks to do it.

I was fortunate enough to have my mom buy me a car. She doesn't have to worry about car notes besides her.

I hate when ppl pretentiously refer to themselves in the third person. :rolleyes: And you can get a nice car for like $3 or $4k. I have a luxury car and it only costs me $2.5k. :thumbup:

You're gonna be in hella debt because you think ur black ass is too good for public trans :umm:

How come you just didnt save up your money & school refund checks? I know your poor ass get's them :umm:

If I lived in Chicago or NYC.. I wouldn't need a car... But cleveland bus system isn't the business...

I have '97 Avalon. What are you driving now? You have a Ford? Ch....that car is gonna be dead within a few years. Everyone knows Fords suck donkey balls.

:umm: no offense... But I need a car that passes the 2005 mark... Any later and I'm paying to maintain the parts in it

Ford is a fine AMERICAN car ^_^ I love my Ford

:umm: no offense... But I need a car that passes the 2005 mark... Any later and I'm paying to maintain the parts in it

Ford is a fine AMERICAN car ^_^ I love my Ford

I'd take a late 90s car over anything tbh. My old Accord was a '96 and got upwards of 400 miles on a full tank. Bear in mind it only took about $35-$45 to fill up. My mom's '04 Pilot doesn't get enough get that much and takes about $50-$60 to fill up. New cars really aren't that good on gas like manufacturers make them out to be.

I'd take a late 90s car over anything tbh. My old Accord was a '96 and got upwards of 400 miles on a full tank. Bear in mind it only took about $35-$45 to fill up. My mom's '04 Pilot doesn't get enough get that much and takes about $50-$60 to fill up. New cars really aren't that good on gas like manufacturers make them out to be.

gas isn't a priority... i pay 45 to fill up on E... with gas prices :sigh:

+ i don't drive that much... ten minutes, back and forth to work

For fucks sake Game, buy or finance a car and dont lease! End of story!

i already financed it.. i shouldn't have mentioned buying

no one gave me good reasoning

Leasing doesn't make sense to me. The smartest thing to do, especially in a working college student's position (depending on how many hours you work), is to save up a hefty sum of money and use it as a down-payment on a new car. That way you have a new car, small payments, and are building your credit simultaneously.

I've been gearing up for a while to do this myself, I'll have a new car by the end of the year.

gas isn't a priority... i pay 45 to fill up on E... with gas prices :sigh:

+ i don't drive that much... ten minutes, back and forth to work

It may not be a priority now, but in the future gas will become one.

And bish 10 mins, you might as well walk. :umm:

Archived