Preference vs Prejudice

Evil.

Scenario 1: A white man declares that he is only is interested in friendships with other white men and women. When questioned, he states that people of different ethnicities, primarily black people make him uncomfortable, and that they aren't the type of friends he wants. He has never met a black person.

Scenario 2: A black man declares that he is only interested in dating black men. When questioned, he states that he isn't attracted to other ethnicities, primarily white men. He says that they aren't dating material as opposed to black men. He has never dated a white man.

--------------------

Question:

If prejudice is defined as "an opinion formed without knowledge or fact," would the above scenarios be considered prejudicial or preferential?

If racism is defined as "the hatred of or prejudice against a specific race" can there be an argument of racism in either scenario?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scenario 1: A white man declares that he is only is interested in friendships with other white men and women. When questioned, he states that people of different ethnicities, primarily black people make him uncomfortable, and that they aren't the type of friends he wants. He has never met a black person.

Scenario 2: A black man declares that he is only interested in dating black men. When questioned, he states that he isn't attracted to other ethnicities, primarily white men. He says that they aren't dating material as opposed to black men. He has never dated a white man.

If prejudice is defined as "an opinion formed without knowledge or fact," would the above scenarios be considered prejudicial or preferential?

If racism is defined as "the hatred of or prejudice against a specific race" can there be an argument of racism in either scenario?

both are prejudice... neither are racist unless there's a deep hatred

I'm not and that doesn't make me prejudice.. It's a preference... :filenails:

I'm sorry but that's bullshit to me.

Personally I'm not a fan of Indian women... but to say that there's not one Indian woman on the planet that I might cross paths with, and be attracted to... is not only shallow... but closed minded, and PREJUDICE.

7 Billion people on Earth. Surely there's SOMEONE outside your race that you can one day say "I find them pretty attractive". You just haven't met them yet.

The Pledge Taken to Enter the Queendom Hall of Janhova's Witnesses

We are a nation with no geographic boundaries

Bound together through our beliefs

We are like- minded individuals

Sharing a common vision

Pushing torward a world rid of color-lines

:coffee:

I'm sorry but that's bullshit to me.

Personally I'm not a fan of Indian women... but to say that there's not one Indian woman on the planet that I might cross paths with, and be attracted to... is not only shallow... but closed minded, and PREJUDICE.

7 Billion people on Earth. Surely there's SOMEONE outside your race that you can one day say that you find them pretty attractive, you just haven't met them yet.

I never said white men weren't attractive.. I said I'm not sexually attracted to them..

So if you don't have any sexual experiences with white men, how do you know if you're not sexually attracted to them? :lol:

I've had sex with white men before back in my hooker days..

And I did when I first started (1 or 2) because I was afraid if I slept with someone black, they would know my family..

What's the point of dating them if you're not sexually attracted to them?

You might as well be friends.. :filenails:

What's the point in being sexually attracted to someone if you aren't dating them? :unsure:

Are you getting where I'm going with this? :lol:

Archived