Preference vs Prejudice

Evil.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the color orange. I've never worn purple. I'm willing to try purple, and I'm not against the color purple or anyone who likes it.

^That's preference

I prefer the color yellow. I've worn both yellow and black. Black isn't for me, but I'm not against the color black or anyone who likes it.

^That's preference

I prefer the color red. I've never worn green. I have NO intentions of trying it, but I'm not against the color green or anyone who likes it.

^ Even that's still a preference

Prejudice is...

I prefer apples. I've never had peaches, I'm not trying them, and anyone who eats peaches should be shamed.

If you've never dated a white man, can't the argument can be made that you are prejudice? :lol:

no, if thats the case, then everything we chose whether it be the kind of car we buy, the clothes, sneakers we wear are all based on being prejudice, which in reality its about preference and wht we are attracted to physically, we see first so obv if we dont like what we see it's a waste of time to us, its all about choice, we have choices for a reason now if the reason behind those choices have a pre-judging racist connotation then that is different, thats like being mad because you like the color red and i dont, its not that serious i love ricans now is that to say i would never date a black, white, asian man, no..ricans are just my fave and they are what i gravitate to first :coffee:

I prefer the color orange. I've never worn purple. I'm willing to try purple, and I'm not against the color purple or anyone who likes it.

^That's preference

I prefer the color yellow. I've worn both yellow and black. Black isn't for me, but I'm not against the color black or anyone who likes it.

^That's preference

I prefer the color red. I've never worn green. I have NO intentions of trying it, but I'm not against the color green or anyone who likes it.

^ Even that's still a preference

Prejudice is...

I prefer apples. I've never had peaches, I'm not trying them, and anyone who eats peaches should be shamed.

I never said that..

I'm just a grown man that knows what he likes and wants..

Scenario 1: A white man declares that he is only is interested in friendships with other white men and women. When questioned, he states that people of different ethnicities, primarily black people make him uncomfortable, and that they aren't the type of friends he wants. He has never met a black person.

Scenario 2: A black man declares that he is only interested in dating black men. When questioned, he states that he isn't attracted to other ethnicities, primarily white men. He says that they aren't dating material as opposed to black men. He has never dated a white man.

--------------------

Question:

If prejudice is defined as "an opinion formed without knowledge or fact," would the above scenarios be considered prejudicial or preferential?

If racism is defined as "the hatred of or prejudice against a specific race" can there be an argument of racism in either scenario?

I HAVE NOT READ A SINGLE WORD NOR THIS POST, BUT THE TOPIC ALONE MADE ME SAY "AWWWW HELL" :filenails:

Scenario 1: A white man declares that he is only is interested in friendships with other white men and women. When questioned, he states that people of different ethnicities, primarily black people make him uncomfortable, and that they aren't the type of friends he wants. He has never met a black person.

Scenario 2: A black man declares that he is only interested in dating black men. When questioned, he states that he isn't attracted to other ethnicities, primarily white men. He says that they aren't dating material as opposed to black men. He has never dated a white man.

--------------------

Question:

If prejudice is defined as "an opinion formed without knowledge or fact," would the above scenarios be considered prejudicial or preferential?

If racism is defined as "the hatred of or prejudice against a specific race" can there be an argument of racism in either scenario?

IMA JUST GO HEAD AND GIVE YOU A PLUS ONE FOR THIS MUTHAFUCKA CAUSE HONEY IM SCRATCHING MUH DAMN HEAD ON THIS. :unsure:

no, if thats the case, then everything we chose whether it be the kind of car we buy, the clothes, sneakers we wear are all based on being prejudice, which in reality its about preference and wht we are attracted to physically, we see first so obv if we dont like what we see it's a waste of time to us, its all about choice, we have choices for a reason now if the reason behind those choices have a pre-judging racist connotation then that is different, thats like being mad because you like the color red and i dont, its not that serious

But that's my point....we are by nature prejudice.

Preference is preferring one thing over another...both of which you have knowledge or experiences with.

Prejudice is preferring or having an opinion about one thing over another without that said knowledge or experience.

Ima just speak on what I know from experience, most White gay men are prejudice at the least, racist at the worst, they don't want yo Black ass because we have a media culture that propagates a European image as hot and this has been true forever and a day. Black men I wanna side with because after the shit White folks have done, it may actually be a natural reaction to find a group of folks unattractive based on the behavior of that group, I was told if I went to see the movie "The Help" after it I would want to slap the shit outta someone White, and I sure wanted to. :filenails:

What's the point of dating them if you're not sexually attracted to them?

You might as well be friends.. :filenails:

hell if I know it's looks that grabs you to begin with cause you don't know shit else about them, you don't look at someone and say "oh she looks like she has a great mind" you say "wow what a rack"

I also know that White men complain about Black men hair, and so many other things, I just don't fucking know, I find a lot of White men are not even down to Earth, they be so far gone on sum other shit I can't even try anymore like fuck it, why do I have to go thru "crazy" to find love? And they accuse me of doing too much if you ask me gay men in general are too much.

You don't have to have sex with everyone you date.

That's a preference :lol:

so what purpose does dating serve? Ima need all my needs in one stop shopping, I can't be going to the corner store for convo, to the grocery store for ass, and to Walmart for imported love. :filenails:

so what purpose does dating serve? Ima need all my needs in one stop shopping, I can't be going to the corner store for convo, to the grocery store for ass, and to Walmart for imported love. :filenails:

Companionship, friendship, casual company, dinner, conversation....:mellow::lmao:

Archived