Janet Jackson Survivor: Discipline Edition

dimpy

WHAT!?! Ok Im not a huge fan of the verses (I like em but they arent all that) but that chorus is my fave thing about almost the whole Discipline album (real talk)

My ideal top 5 (in no particular order) is

.2Nite

.Luv

.Cant Be good

.Feedback

.Discipline (another song that the chorus saves for me)

anything else wouldnt hurt me too much if/when they get cut.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song for sure. But not above some of the others. Great track, but not win-worthy.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong, I love the song for sure. But not above some of the others. Great track, but not win-worthy.

Well I understand and respect your opinion, but I gotta disagree, thats 1 of the 1st (and only) that hooked me from the 1st listen (hell even Feedback didnt do that, took the 3rd listen for me to see that song was hot). But I always felt like 2nite was the most underated song of the album, and I felt like itd do somethin big on the charts with the right video, look, & choreography, hell also on the R&B charts as well. But thats just me (might even be literally lol) but its how I feel about it.

Well I understand and respect your opinion, but I gotta disagree, thats 1 of the 1st (and only) that hooked me from the 1st listen (hell even Feedback didnt do that, took the 3rd listen for me to see that song was hot). But I always felt like 2nite was the most underated song of the album, and I felt like itd do somethin big on the charts with the right video, look, & choreography, hell also on the R&B charts as well. But thats just me (might even be literally lol) but its how I feel about it.

It could have charted well, yes. Great dance hit, I've even imagined and made choreo for it along with ideas for a video (still have the journal entry from 08' when I wrote it all down lol). I love the song very much. I just don't feel it's stronger than Feedback, RWU or Luv. Those single choices were great. I will say her second string should have been 2Nite, Rollercoaster, and SMB. I would have loved for her to make Discipline a single, too, but the press probably would have, idiotically, given her hell for it. lol. CBG was a nice choice, but I really would have put 2nite in it's place. It isn't the most underrated, but it did have a hell of alot of potential that wasn't tapped into.

It could have charted well, yes. Great dance hit, I've even imagined and made choreo for it along with ideas for a video (still have the journal entry from 08' when I wrote it all down lol). I love the song very much. I just don't feel it's stronger than Feedback, RWU or Luv. Those single choices were great. I will say her second string should have been 2Nite, Rollercoaster, and SMB. I would have loved for her to make Discipline a single, too, but the press probably would have, idiotically, given her hell for it. lol. CBG was a nice choice, but I really would have put 2nite in it's place. It isn't the most underrated, but it did have a hell of alot of potential that wasn't tapped into.

Im for all those choices, but I never ever liked RWU as the 2nd single, for me that song took the longest for me to like (like I ddint until the video came out, and there was quite a distance between that songs release & the video release). Like I always felt like Luv should've been the 2nd single, then Cant Be Good, then RWU. I never felt like RWU should've been the 2nd single.

Im for all those choices, but I never ever liked RWU as the 2nd single, for me that song took the longest for me to like (like I ddint until the video came out, and there was quite a distance between that songs release & the video release). Like I always felt like Luv should've been the 2nd single, then Cant Be Good, then RWU. I never felt like RWU should've been the 2nd single.

Yes, I will admit it's placement wasn't wise. I'd actually have made is 3rd and then follow it actually by SMB. Then CBG, 2nite and lastly, Rollercoaster.

Never Letchu Go

I can't even listen to that song all at once :mellow:

I used to be EXACTLY that way for that song until the RWU tour. Hell it got me liking the song, but I still play the tour version over the album version.

Hell I can barely get to the chours of Greatest Ex (which is why I must insist it leave :shifty: )

Whats the point like we dont know whats gonna win. Its gonna come down to LUV and Feedback. :lol:

This is one round to where I dont care which gets voted off in what order becuz I dont care none of the songs tbh :lol:

So true :lol:. I like the album but don't care for it tbh.

Elimination Round:

The 1 - 2

Never Letchu Go - 7

Greatest Ex - 8

Curtains - 1

Discipline - 1

Greatest X has been eliminated.

Remaining Songs:

Feedback

Luv

Rollercoaster

Rock With U