Woman, 23, ages 50 years in just days

cnd

Woman, 23, ages 50 years in just days

unledcvw.png

DOCTORS are baffled after a 23-year-old woman claims she has aged by 50 years in just days.

Her story has sparked an internet debate asking if such rapid ageing is possible and medical experts are divided on what could have triggered it.

Vietnamese woman Nguyen Thi Phuong now looks like a septuagenarian after the affliction took hold following an allergic reaction to seafood, it's claimed.

Her sad story began in 2008, when she says her youthful beauty began to fade over the course of just a few days, leaving her with sagging, wrinkled skin all over her face and body.

Until now she has apparently been forced to wear a mask in public to hide her appearance from prying eyes, but now doctors are attempting to establish what caused her sudden and horrifying ageing.

Her husband, carpenter Nguyen Thanh Tuyen says his love for his once beautiful wife has not faded while Phuong, now 26, says her condition has only worsened since she was first struck with the condition.

Doctors are at odds over what condition she has - some have argued it is lipodystrophy, a rare syndrome that causes a layer of fatty tissue beneath the surface of the skin to disintegrate while the skin itself continues to grow at a startling pace.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3870336/Woman-23-ages-50-years-in-just-days.html

No, she looks fine for 52.

I disagree, I've seen alot better in real life and from women in hollywood the same age like Jaime Lee Curtis, Ellen, Patricia Heaton, Angela Bassett, Sharon Stone, & Holly Hunter. All born in 1958, and I think all of the above are physically more attractive today than Madonna is.

I keep forgetting she's 52 and not in the sense that she looks too young for 52, with a few of those names above its shocking to me.

Archived