Who was more versatile with their music and dancing?

Xtraordinary Xternal

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proof of this freestyling Michael does?

anything he is doing when hes not doing the main choreography of w.e song is being performed, u know when he glides to the side, pop locks during human nature during the dangerous tour, all that stuff he does during that extended period in billie jean at the end, those spins, all tht stuff at the end of the black or white video

After you've been doing it for a while, it becomes choreographed. You know the steps, you just switch them up from time to time. It's like clockwork with that "free styling" Michael does - grab crotch, kick leg, spin, pelvic thrust, rinse, recycle, repeat, etc

That's not free style. That's choreographed, with those same pop-and-lock steps he'd been doing since '83.

That was a free-style. That was when Michael really started doing those kinds of steps was during the Dangerous era. Michael created all of his routines, spare a few moves, himself. He borrowed a little from Jazz and Tap, added alot of himself, and made a template. That still fits under the category of free-style.

See? -_-

:coffee:

After you've been doing it for a while, it becomes choreographed. You know the steps, you just switch them up from time to time. It's like clockwork with that "free styling" Michael does - grab crotch, kick leg, spin, pelvic thrust, rinse, recycle, repeat, etc

Whether you liked what he was doing and/or felt it wasn't fresh. The point is it was freestyled. :yep:

That was a free-style. That was when Michael really started doing those kinds of steps was during the Dangerous era. Michael created all of his routines, spare a few moves, himself. He borrowed from Jazz and Tap, added alot of himself, and made a template. That still fits under the category of free-style.

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

choreography is composed, he stated in the oprah interview that he doesnt think, he lets the music move him

Okay, clearly you all have no idea what free styling is, so there's no point in discussing.

Also, understand that free style is a type of dance. It does not make any dancer any better than the next.

Again, yes I do...because I watched Mike free style NUMEROUS times. :excited: :excited:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never said anything about being able to freestyle automatically makes you the better dancer. I was just disagreeing with you saying Mike didn't freestyle, which is CLEARLY untrue.

Okay, clearly you all have no idea what free styling is, so there's no point in discussing.

Also, understand that free style is a type of dance. It does not make any dancer any better than the next.

Yeah, I just ran dance classes and swept dance competitions because I was bored. You got me.

"Freestyle dancing can apply to numerous dance types and can be defined as any style of dance where the moves are not thought out ahead and where no choreography of the moves occurs before the dance begins. It is literally thinking on your feet in this sense, and freestyle dancing can exist in almost all dance forms."

It may not make one better than the next, that isn't my opinion, but it does look very good when a dancer can just create. That's what, in my personal opinion, gives Michael some edge.

That's possible. Just like how girls without proper vocal technique can win singing competitions. See how your logic is flawed?

But in any event, the question being asked is who is more versatile, and that's obviously Janet. :thumbup:

When the competitions are based on going "by the book" in so many words? Nope, no flaw there.

I believe I consented to that.

Archived