Who's an artist you've grown to love, that you previously couldn't care any less for?

LyricalLesson

Mine is most definitely Jesse McCartney ... when this kid first came out, he was a pop/rock Disney teenybopper heartthrob and I couldn't stand him. I thought a few of his songs were catchy but I didn't feel he deserved the attention he was getting. But once he flipped the script and surprisingly decided to make the music he always wanted to make ( R&B :umm: ) he slowly but surely gained me as a fan. I couldn't believe that I was diggin' song after song after song I heard from him...he just 'gets' R&B, it's surprising because he doesn't strike me as someone who I'd ever expect to delve into that particular genre of music. I honestly feel that he does it better than a lot of the brothas in the game today. :thumbup:

Who is an artist you previously thought you'd never like, but now you love?

I'd say Kanye West. At least back in 2004 I didn't see myself becoming a fan plus I was turned off by all his antics (even though I always try to separate that from the music). However, once I heard the masterpiece that is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy that's when I really became a fan. :thumbup:

RIHANNA, hands down. I didnt like Pon De Replay, and then when S.O.S. came out I thought she'd be a 1 hit wonder and have a career like Cassie....mmhmm, then Umbrella made me just like her, then Russian Roulette made me take a closer look and like her more, then Only Girl In the world made me a fan, and We found love made her come aboard my top 10 of fave singers.

Ive NEVER had that with a singer, EVER. (Im like 6 yrs too late but Pon De Replay is ma jam now)

I'd say Kanye West. At least back in 2004 I didn't see myself becoming a fan plus I was turned off by all his antics (even though I always try to separate that from the music). However, once I heard the masterpiece that is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy that's when I really became a fan. :thumbup:

This. Graduation warmed me up and 808s made me an avid fan. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is now one of my all-time favorite Rap albums.

RIHANNA, hands down. I didnt like Pon De Replay, and then when S.O.S. came out I thought she'd be a 1 hit wonder and have a career like Cassie....mmhmm, then Umbrella made me just like her, then Russian Roulette made me take a closer look and like her more, then Only Girl In the world made me a fan, and We found love made her come aboard my top 10 of fave singers.

Ive NEVER had that with a singer, EVER. (Im like 6 yrs too late but Pon De Replay is ma jam now)

I agree. I love Rihanna now.

Madonna. Didnt care for her until she released the song 'Secret'. I remember liking her Human Nature video, but I was never really a fan. I think Ray of Light changed my opinion about her and I started to warm up to her. The Music cd made me a fan and finally when I heard her American Life cd...i was in love and I have been in love with her since then.

Thinking more, the latest to be off my "On the Fence" category would be Christina. I liked her before(bought Bionic the day it dropped), just wasn't entirely interested overall. But in getting into her work, I love her. :wub:

Kinda confused with some of the directions she's going in at the time, though :lol:

Archived