The World’s Biggest Insect Is So Freaking Huge It Can Eat a Carrot

Idrag4mj

506ae5478085fc5553389dbe79aa6a21.jpg

Say hello to the spine tingling Giant Weta. What is a Giant Weta, you ask? Well, it's a gigantic cricket-like insect that's also the largest insect in the world. It's as heavy as three mice and even bigger than some birds. BE AFRAID LITTLE HUMANS. The wingspan of this insect (I don't feel like the word insect does this thing justice) is only 7 inches but look at the thing on a human's hands, it's alien, it's not right, I get queasy looking at it. Luckily, the Giant Weta is only found on Little Barrier Island in New Zealand so I'll just avoid that area for the rest of my life and live in peace. The island actually helps the Giant Weta grow so monstrously large because there are fewer predators in its habitat. Not cool.

This particular Giant Weta is the biggest ever photographed and was found by Adventurer Mark Moffett. Moffett scurried up the courage to hold the Giant Weta and feed it a carrot. I'm surprised the damn monster bug didn't bite off his finger. [Daily Mail, Image by Mark Moffett/Minden Pictures/Solent]

medium_1fb9693b212bfe5fb22eaaaaaa6f83aa.jpg

Would probably go into cardiac arrest if i woke and saw this in the same room as me...got a big phobia of insects lol..i guess new zealand is one country i won't be visiting anytime soon

It's impossible for insects to grow past a certain size, probably not much bigger than that one.

maybe now but you weren't around when dinosaurs were so I doubt you'd know. Everything was bigger back then so why is it so hard to imagine an insect being bigger than the one in the pic? :filenails:

Let's ask Madonna ^_^

+1 you dirty bitch! :lmao:

Archived