UPDATED:Kelly Rowland To Tribute Mariah Carey At BET Honors Ceremony

DCNATION

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Stephen Hill responded to someone from either here or JX when they asked about honoring her at the 2011 BET awards and his response was that she was on tour and not available. So maybe she's someone in that list of considerations for BET Lifetime Achievement Award or a BET Honor Award

im sorry, but I have to go there... :filenails:

the fact that BET has yet to Honor Janet Jackson bothers me. Janet Jackson is Black Entertainment as far as I am concerned...her music has inspired just about every R&B and Pop artist, she has played an iconic character on a black sitcom and she has worked with three of the most famous black directors...John Singleton, Spike Lee and Tyler Perry. BET should be eating her pussy every chance they get...but Im not surprised since its a bunch of tragic knee.grows that run BET.

I think its a thing of honoring "SANGERS" and "PREHISTORIC" legends first. :lol: They havent even honored MJ yet,right? I dont know if Janet will ever get honored by them,honestly. They look at her in a different way since she's not a vocalist. You see she still hasnt gotten the Lifetime Achievement award for the BET awards..and Whitney got it the FIRST year they aired.

I will never understand why you all act like Kelly can't sing. :umm:

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be funny right now. -_-

I believe that Kelly is honestly a gifted vocalist,one of the better singers of today. :yep:

Go Kellz, hope you sing a ballad and knock it out of the park :excited:

Lyrical,you know you my guy....but you are REAAAAALLY pushing it with this one. :umm:

Kelly (most of the time) is winded and tends to not always have full control over her voice. She's still not 100% confident imo. She's gotten alot better ..shes just not consistent enough for me to call her "gifted" or call her "one of the better singers of today". I think even SHE would give someone the side eye for that comment.

Kelly can sing beautifully........................in a studio. She is NOT a great live singer.

You're all complaining that Janet hasn't been honoured by BET yet every year y'all also complain about the tackiness that is BET? Why would you want her to be honoured by such a lame network? Janhova deserves better.

Kelly did really good tonight. At first I was questioning if it was live but after the 2nd take I realized she was actually singing. It was really short tho. She was rocking the place!

Too tired to give the full scoop on the show so I'll do it tomorrow but

Will Smith, Willow, Patti, Aretha, Jill, Queen Latifah, India, Stevie, J Hud, Ledisi, Terrence Howard, Anthony Hamilton, Common, Michelle Obama, Nick Cannon, Jesse Jackson, TJ Holmes, Michelle Williams, and some others were there.

I got Gabrielle Union to say hi to me, Michelle Obama to wave at me, and Common apologized to me for stepping on my show (Freakin cool!!!)

Kelly did really good tonight. At first I was questioning if it was live but after the 2nd take I realized she was actually singing. It was really short tho. She was rocking the place!

Too tired to give the full scoop on the show so I'll do it tomorrow but

Will Smith, Willow, Patti, Aretha, Jill, Queen Latifah, India, Stevie, J Hud, Ledisi, Terrence Howard, Anthony Hamilton, Common, Michelle Obama, Nick Cannon, Jesse Jackson, TJ Holmes, Michelle Williams, and some others were there.

I got Gabrielle Union to say hi to me, Michelle Obama to wave at me, and Common apologized to me for stepping on my show (Freakin cool!!!)

tumblr_lwuiuloRzQ1qm4no6.gif

Patti LaBelle sung Hero..

Thats one thing about Patti that I find admirable and commendable is that she's a legend that does tributes to YOUNGER acts. What other legends do that? Especially as much as Patti? NAME ONE! You cant! Other legends only pay tribute to other legends...but Patti will do it for anybody. Thats so so humbling of her.

sidenote:That dress Mariah had on was terrible. She could have done ALOT better.

Thats one thing about Patti that I find admirable and commendable is that she's a legend that does tributes to YOUNGER acts. What other legends do that? Especially as much as Patti? NAME ONE! You cant! Other legends only pay tribute to other legends...but Patti will do it for anybody. Thats so so humbling of her.

sidenote:That dress Mariah had on was terrible. She could have done ALOT better.

I totally agree. Shows that she's very secure with her Legend status...

Archived