UPDATED:Kelly Rowland To Tribute Mariah Carey At BET Honors Ceremony

DCNATION

Whether her detractors choose to accept it or not, Mariah Carey is a Pop icon.

Cited as inspiration by the likes of Beyonce, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Lady GaGa and Leona Lewis- to name just a few- this year will see the mother of two honored for her contributions to music by BET at the annual 2012 BET Honors Ceremony.

Today, groundbreaking details from the ceremony emerged which will be sure to evoke many a polarizing opinion.

For it has been confirmed that ‘Here I Am‘ diva Kelly Rowland is to tribute her at the ceremony by way of song.

The event’s press release reads:

The fifth annual BET HONORS gears up for a highly anticipated show, celebrating the outstanding achievements of extraordinary legends in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education.

This will be a night filled with amazing performances including Kelly Rowland, singing a signature classic to Mariah Carey herself. The BET HONORS premieres during Black History Month, on Monday, February 13 at 9PM.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its funny..even tho Mariah has been out for 20 years and has accomplished more than most artists..when I first seen she was being honored I subconsciously did the :umm: face. I dunno why its so hard to look at Mariah as a legend and/or icon.

and :lol: @ Kelly touching ANY of Mariah's songs.. For Whitney, they got SANGERS...they just tossed a Kelly Rowland at Mariah. How disrespectful. :lol:

Its funny..even tho Mariah has been out for 20 years and has accomplished more than most artists..when I first seen she was being honored I subconsciously did the :umm: face. I dunno why its so hard to look at Mariah as a legend and/or icon.

and :lol: @ Kelly touching ANY of Mariah's songs.. For Whitney, they got SANGERS...they just tossed a Kelly Rowland at Mariah. How disrespectful. :lol:

I was just talking to my cousin about Mariah today and she said 'her persona let her down'. I kind of see what she means.

I was just talking to my cousin about Mariah today and she said 'her persona let her down'. I kind of see what she means.

I can agree with that, but regardless, Mariah has contributed her vocal and writing ability to the industry on a level that is profound. She really does deserve the honour based on her merit and credibility alone

I can agree with that, but regardless, Mariah has contributed her vocal and writing ability to the industry on a level that is profound. She really does deserve the honour based on her merit and credibility alone

That's definitely true. I miss seeing specials about her on TV. Those shows truly highlight all her accomplishments (and she has LOAAAAAADS lol).

I feel she's underrated as a musician and lyricist.

That's definitely true. I miss seeing specials about her on TV. Those shows truly highlight all her accomplishments (and she has LOAAAAAADS lol).

I feel she's underrated as a musician and lyricist.

hhhmmm, I don't think shes underrated, but her work is just astounding. I know Mariah is 41 or so, but I really think she has acheived a hell of alot. One of my faves ! lol ....

im sorry, but I have to go there... :filenails:

the fact that BET has yet to Honor Janet Jackson bothers me. Janet Jackson is Black Entertainment as far as I am concerned...her music has inspired just about every R&B and Pop artist, she has played an iconic character on a black sitcom and she has worked with three of the most famous black directors...John Singleton, Spike Lee and Tyler Perry. BET should be eating her pussy every chance they get...but Im not surprised since its a bunch of tragic knee.grows that run BET.

im sorry, but I have to go there... :filenails:

the fact that BET has yet to Honor Janet Jackson bothers me. Janet Jackson is Black Entertainment as far as I am concerned...her music has inspired just about every R&B and Pop artist, she has played an iconic character on a black sitcom and she has worked with three of the most famous black directors...John Singleton, Spike Lee and Tyler Perry. BET should be eating her pussy every chance they get...but Im not surprised since its a bunch of tragic knee.grows that run BET.

I must agree with you, plus she's been in the game longer than Mariah.. But hey it's the EBT Honors...

Archived