Scientific Proof Facebook does exactly what I said it does...

Bailey

It all depends on how confident you are with yourself. Both of my best friends have boyfriends that are loaded. My best friend drives a Bentley and neither one of them work. I could compare my life to theirs and be upset but I don't get that way. I know that behind the cars and trips, their is a lot of unhappiness. I don't deal with half the headaches they do. If I choose too, I could live the same lifestyle they do, but my freedom and happiness isn't worth it to me.

I completely agree I see folks I know going thru some shit, I don't envy that at all, and I never ever wanted anyone to give me a God damn thang, I want and like having my own shit. I will never forget the time I was returning back from Canada thru customs, and the Black guy at the check point asked me whose car I was driving, I said this is mine, it was a new convertible, he then proceeds to ask me where I worked. I told him, seeing how I want back into my country, BUT in the back of my mind I thought I didn't know a young Black man owning his own brand new car was such an oddity. :rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much like music, I only follow the legends on twitter. Hitchcock, Kubrick, Wes Craven, Rodriguez, Tarantino.

The difference though is as filmmakers/directors we get to make the most money, and don't have to deal with the paparazzi or everyone being in our business. Leave that foolish to the Tom Cruise's and Angelina's. Meanwhile these camera whores still have to come to us to pick up their checks :coffee:

We need more creative people from different backgrounds to tell stories that have not been told.

First you try to get a pity-party because you view ppl's pictures and items and get jealous and try to discredit them. Then you bring up some wild Janet tangent, which quickly got dismissed. And now you're talking about phones and trying to analyze society. :mellow: Chile just worry about yourself and stop being jealous about what folks are doing/getting when you can be out doing the same instead of viewing their profiles on Facebook and so on. Who cares if a picture isn't always the exact truth? While you're wasting your time being jealous, they're still doing what pleases them and getting what they want. What others have and accomplished doesn't define you, so why be jealous?

We need more creative people from different backgrounds to tell stories that have not been told.

That's cause ya'll stay flocking to these commercial ass theaters. :sigh:

And the industry is so lost right now it's sad. The same people been on TV since our parents were little.

Especially black people. As black people we are not passing the torch or replenishing our youth talent. For 40 years we been relying on Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington :sigh: Not to take away from their talent, but we need to encourage new faces instead of casting the latest RnB singer whenever "we need a black character".

It really is a race issue, as far as black talent.

From a general standpoint we are simply not being as creative as our international peers. If it's not a quick hit, with cardboard characters, studios simply don't want to invest. The only time you'll catch them using a new writer is if they spot some viral video that got popular on the internet. They want to know "How did that person do it?". Bring him in. He's the cure, the answer to all our problems. :rolleyes:

u having fun? :tear:

why wouldn't I? Don't matter how much money I do or don't have its all about people around me and how I feel about myself. I'm happy and loved and I have at least 4-6 friends who say i'm their best friend. You know how many people I say are my best friend? Zero although I do feel a few of them are but I won't say it just so I don't get disappointed. Anyway money comes and goes and so does material things. All I ask is to be happy and so far I am

why wouldn't I? Don't matter how much money I do or don't have its all about people around me and how I feel about myself. I'm happy and loved and I have at least 4-6 friends who say i'm their best friend. You know how many people I say are my best friend? Zero although I do feel a few of them are but I won't say it just so I don't get disappointed. Anyway money comes and goes and so does material things. All I ask is to be happy and so far I am

:clapping:

First you try to get a pity-party because you view ppl's pictures and items and get jealous and try to discredit them. Then you bring up some wild Janet tangent, which quickly got dismissed. And now you're talking about phones and trying to analyze society. :mellow: Chile just worry about yourself and stop being jealous about what folks are doing/getting when you can be out doing the same instead of viewing their profiles on Facebook and so on. Who cares if a picture isn't always the exact truth? While you're wasting your time being jealous, they're still doing what pleases them and getting what they want. What others have and accomplished doesn't define you, so why be jealous?

I was not seeking a pity party Henry, but you are right to some extent stop wasting time on what others are doing and do me. I would give you a plus point but you so damn annoying :filenails:

That's cause ya'll stay flocking to these commercial ass theaters. :sigh:

And the industry is so lost right now it's sad. The same people been on TV since our parents were little.

Especially black people. As black people we are not passing the torch or replenishing our youth talent. For 40 years we been relying on Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington :sigh: Not to take away from their talent, but we need to encourage new faces instead of casting the latest RnB singer whenever "we need a black character".

It really is a race issue, as far as black talent.

From a general standpoint we are simply not being as creative as our international peers. If it's not a quick hit, with cardboard characters, studios simply don't want to invest. The only time you'll catch them using a new writer is if they spot some viral video that got popular on the internet. They want to know "How did that person do it?". Bring him in. He's the cure, the answer to all our problems. :rolleyes:

I would have to read your entire post, but part of the issue is we have great Black talent that cannot find work in Hollywood. We need more people like you, creators to create for them, unless you want Tyler Perry to do it all :sigh:

Oh and another thing I am tough on films, I was very disappointed with Hollywood last year they kept putting out super hero bullshit, I didn't give nay fuck about 99% of the movies that came out, I did love "The Help" and for the sake of special effects I do love "Immortals" that shit is beastly good :clapping:

And let me share something else with you Bailey. A little over a year ago,I was involved with a well known politician in my city. No one knew of our relationship because of course he had to keep our shit REAL low. But when I tell you this young 26yo old man (at the time) had his hands in so many different pots and access to so many celebs and celeb events..it wasnt even funny.He wears so many different hats. ON top of all he does..he's a co-producer of the NAACP awards. This was a young man who had accomplished more in his life by his mid 20s that ppl would their whole lives but I never felt inadequate or less than because I know who I AM and my life leads me in a nother direction. Everyone has their "own" journey and I accept mine because I know Im "doin better" than alot of ppl. You are ALWAYS doin better than someone else so..be content with that. We have to stop feeling like we have to "rise to occasion"..everybody's life is not mapped out the same and how boring would it be if it were?

Me,Im such a humble guy and so comfortable in my space to where he would try to bring me along with him as he was traveling and going to events to meet up with celebs and "important" ppl but I would always decline because that HIGH LIFE means NOTHING to me. He was shocked becuz others he had been involved with were GLAD to go on trips, being amongst celebs and goin to award shows but he was so surprised but HAPPY he ran across someone who didnt want him because of what he could do for me but that I loved him and none of his business ventures mattered to me. Love your space,own it..if you want more...than simply do more..its attainable...look around.

It's posts like this that make me like you, you should post more of your stories maybe you can shake Paul's spot as the wise man >_< and Henry is taking Meh's spot :umm:

Looks like fun, but it's like when you watch Cribs, I may wish I had the stuff, and lifestyle, but I don't feel bad. I think wow, that looks like fun. :filenails:

I keep coming back to this post, I don't feel bad when I watch Cribs, if anything I see people who live beyond their means, I don't require much to make me happy, I don't require material things, I already got em, I hate all my friends moved....I don't have a single friend, but it's also my fault because I don't reach out, I don't want the pain, but in like you take the good and the bad, I just want to be happy.

Archived